Captain
# 31
10-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caasicam View Post
As of now, the Lance is one-two punch, firing two 9k damage beams. However, if the first one misses, they both miss. Unfortunately, this is quite often.

Was thinking a 45' arc for the fact that the main Lance is 45', and that apparently the smaller the weapon arc, the more damage those weapons do. Canonly, the Lance is an emitter, not an array, so it's just point and shoot.

Based the stats off the Kumari wing cannons, thus the inclusion of -15 weapon power, because it seems that Cryptic thinks that those uber cannons are balanced. Having it be unaffected by power levels would be pretty awesome, just afraid that it might be too much so.

Best case scenario for this idea would be for the Lance to get upgrades like this and still remain an innate ability
I don't like that an ability you only get to use every now and again has such low accuracy.

Well if it keeps the damage high, I suppose it could stay at 45 degrees, but it will have to hit ridiculously hard to make up for how difficult it is to keep it on your enemy/get it on your enemy in the first place. But then that would make the gal-x like it was on the show, stay out from in front of it at all costs, lol.

Of course the devs don't seem super inclined to make changes to older ships... they don't feel the time is worth investing. Perhaps they feel too many gal-x sold even in its current state and the modifications wouldn't net enough sales to be worth it... not that it should be that much work anyway, models should be what take the most work, not coding tweaks. But then that model has a crooked lance and the cannon "ears" on the saucer are off center, so the model could use another pass anyway >> lol.
Lieutenant
# 32
10-11-2013, 05:59 AM
well,id still like my original question answered by a dev,if posiible,thanks
Proud owner of every hangered ship
Flagship - N.C.C.-99635-A U.S.S. Asterion
Career Officer
# 33
10-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
As of now, the Lance is one-two punch, firing two 9k damage beams. However, if the first one misses, they both miss. Unfortunately, this is quite often.

Agreed - it's actually pretty hopeless. I recall taking my Gal-X into HOSE shortly after HOSE was introudced. Sat it RIGHT NEXT to one of the unimatrix ships - the largest ships in the game - buffed everything possible and shot the lance..... and it missed!
How the heck do you miss such a MASSIVE target when you're sat right next to it?!! I mean seriously, the useless thing clear couldn't hit a Dysons Sphere sat right next to it.
I suspect that the lance actually came with an invisible BOFF, with the 'always drunk on duty' trait.

I retired my Gal-X after that laugable mega-fail, and haven't used it for a long time now. Which is a shame - I don't dislike the ship in itself - I dislike the lance, which is about as much use as an ejector seat in a helicopter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.

Last edited by reyan01; 10-11-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-11-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Might not be able to leave the fourth aft weapons slot, seeing as none of the ships (yet) have any more than eight total weapons. A fifth fore weapons slot and something akin to the Kumari's special wing cannons would be very nice, and probably fix a few things for the Galaxy-X.

Something like, say...

Heavy Spinal Phaser Beam Emitter
Federation Dreadnought Cruiser

45' Targeting Arc
10 Kilometer Range
4 sec Recharge
To Target: 650 Phaser Damage x3 (270 DPS)
To Self: -15 Weapon Power when firing other weapons
To Target: 2.5% Chance: Disable 1 Subsystem for 5 sec'

Yes, no, maybe?
I like the idea of turning the Lance into a fifth forward weapon even if i have to lose a 4th back weapon again. Personally I'd like them to make this ship unique from other cruisers if they are so much thinking its different that it only gets two commands.

Besides the 5th weapon in front like posted above and losing the 4th back weapon I'd like to see the aggro cruiser command lost in favor of the Turn rate buff as its suppose to be a damage cruiser not a tanking one. Leave that role for other cruisers (regular Galaxy after they update and upgrade engineer boffs.) The only other thing is I'd like them to change the Boffs to be more tactical even going as far as making it Com Tac with Ensign Tac Lt com Engineer Lt Engineer and LT Science.

They need to upgrade this Ship if their gonna slot it alone as a unique ship in a Dreadnaught class they should atleast make it STAND alone in its abilities and its features.
Captain
# 35
10-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Agreed - it's actually pretty hopeless. I recall taking my Gal-X into HOSE shortly after HOSE was introudced. Sat it RIGHT NEXT to one of the unimatrix ships - the largest ships in the game - buffed everything possible and shot the lance..... and it missed!
How the heck do you miss such a MASSIVE target when you're sat right next to it?!! I mean seriously, the useless thing clear couldn't hit a Dysons Sphere sat right next to it.
I suspect that the lance actually came with an invisible BOFF, with the 'always drunk on duty' trait.

I retired my Gal-X after that laugable mega-fail, and haven't used it for a long time now. Which is a shame - I don't dislike the ship in itself - I dislike the lance, which is about as much use as an ejector seat in a helicopter.
I agree, Cryptic really, really, really needs to fix the accuracy problems for a weapon that does such high drain, a 3 minute cool down AND sets off cool down on other beam abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Did you file a bug on that miss? Do any testing against a stationary player in PvP? With them stationary, there should be 0% chance of missing (unless they have elusive I guess). A short video of that would be useful for the Devs I imagine.

So, what does that extra warp nacelle actually do? Just provide energy for the lance? I'd argue it's for improved maneuverability, and the Gal-X should have a turn rate 8, like the excelsior. That would allow the fleet RCS consoles a larger base to start with for improvement.

I assume all you Gal-X drivers are using EPtE, Evasive, and Deuterium tanks to get shots lined up, along with Doffs to minimize cooldowns? Along with Eject warp plasma and tractors to hold people down? Adding a tractor beam to the eventual saucer sep would be nice. With the new & improved grav well, a Gal-X and a sci with GW3 might be an interesting team-up.
Commander
# 37
10-15-2013, 03:56 PM
A video, a bug complain AND a forum post may have helped get something done, but I assume he just gave up.

In cannon, I think the third nacelle made the warp core/warp field more efficient, allowing for warp speeds past 10, at least. The extent of the mods done to the Galaxy were never made clear. I'm not even sure what the turrets on top would have been used for. I've heard cannons, I've heard torpedo tubes, in the game, the DBB fires from there...

I don't know what all the other X drivers do. I know I don't do that. I use it as an Alpha-strike weapon, as well as an opportunity weapon. I.E. I notice the CD is done, so I start looking for chances to use it again, without seriously going out of my way to do so. Right now I just use Doffs to minimise the CD on Torpedos.
Weyland-Yutani Joint Space Venture - Always open to new members!

My name is Rage, and I too support a revised Galaxy family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayuung View Post
Firstly, be proud! You're part of the few, the stubborn, the Federation Dreadnought Captains.