Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Lt. Commander
I know there are some here who are gifted and can succeed at anything.
I find these elite ground stf's,ridiculously far too difficult.
Cryptic,How about making these elite ground stf's alittle more achievable please???
Bring the difficulty down abit to make it abit easier.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
09-29-2013, 05:37 AM
I'm not the best at gestf's but they are called 'elite' for a reason
The distinctiveness of your ice-cream, will be added to our own. Resistance is brain freeze

Playing Since Jan 2011
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chulaksaviour1 View Post
I'm not the best at gestf's but they are called 'elite' for a reason
I agree,however, elite is one thing, achievable is another.
I think players definition of elite is different. Yes there needs to be a degree of difficulty,but not that hard that an stf can not be completed.
Yes there are those that are gifted that can do it,but I am not one of those.
Commander
# 4
09-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1965 View Post
I agree,however, elite is one thing, achievable is another.
I think players definition of elite is different. Yes there needs to be a degree of difficulty,but not that hard that an stf can not be completed.
Yes there are those that are gifted that can do it,but I am not one of those.
Are you pugging it? If so have you thought about joining a chat channel devoted to making teams for stfs. Those teams have a very high success rate.
Well I can't forget a face but I won't remember y'all.
Bleed Green and Gold
Commander
# 5
09-29-2013, 05:45 AM
If you cannot complete an Elite STF... stick to the Normal Editions until you can

Train, Adapt, Strategize and finally prevail!

Other than that, I actually find them... just as hard as the Ground Combat System makes them... done several and I am horrible at ground...
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Commander
# 6
09-29-2013, 05:58 AM
I realise that there are more or less skilled players out there, but no. Please don't make them, or anything else in the game easier.

Elite Ground is not 'virtually impossible'. Not in the least, and it certainly doesn't need to be made any less dificult.

The only thing that has ever made Ground 'impossible' are the other players. Sorry if that sounds arrogant or condescending, but it's just the truth.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-29-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart1965 View Post
I know there are some here who are gifted and can succeed at anything.
I find these elite ground stf's,ridiculously far too difficult.
Cryptic,How about making these elite ground stf's alittle more achievable please???
Bring the difficulty down abit to make it abit easier.
All the elites ground missions fine, only mission thats a bit hard is infected ground.
If you think the ground missions are to hard, you are doing something wrong or don't have the equipment you need for elite.
If they are to hard for you stick with normal, they already removed all but 1 hard missions from the game.
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Ensign
# 8
09-29-2013, 06:22 AM
Wrong thread sorry
Captain
# 9
09-29-2013, 06:24 AM
Actually, the elite STFs were designed to be performed in a limited number of ways. This makes inexperienced players that just rush in(especially with a whole team of inexperienceds) have a very low if not impossible chance to do it.

The fact is, normal players... ones that have the intellect of you and I... they're able to complete these 'impossible' missions day after day. There is no secret, they just know what to do in there. They know what levers to pull, what red buttons not to press, etc. And to try doing that with a full team that doesn't know what they're doing as with pugs(public groups - queueing up with random teams if you don't know), they'll quickly be chewed up and spit out.

It's like with the Crystalline Cataclysm. Go in a pug there where mirror ships spawning first thing, and you'll have player ships attacking the continually-respawning legion of mirror ships INSTEAD of the entity... which will just lead to a long time wasted until everyone in that instance gives up.

Just join a decent fleet and run with them. Learn what to do and what not to do in the elites. Because you'll either have to have the highest top-level equipment, or you'll need a decent amount of knowledge and experience with them. And experience is much more reliable than top-end gear.

Just my $.02

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Survivor of Romulus
# 10
09-29-2013, 06:29 AM
Elite Ground STF's are quite do-able. First of you need to have the STF Ground Equipment (Primarily MACO Ground for Defense Mark 11) as you *Need* the Instant Remodulator. The remodulator adapting quickly will allow you to keep firing at enemies so they don't overwhelm you or your team. Also Science Toons on the ground with a Medic kit rule ground you can do it on Engy or on Tac too it just requires lots of practice and patience.

Also if you are pugging join the the Public Elite STF Global Chat channel it will cut down on your stress and annoyance levels greatly. Recruiting from here means you should get someone who knows their stuff

Oh and last but not least Ground STF's require teamwork and co-operation. I've not been on the ground missions you've been doing but if the others on your team don't talk or follow a plan; its just going to fail plain and simple. Infected Ground is a very very good example of needing a plan, if someone goes over a trigger line and don't run in to save the guy he will get assimilated very fast and you fail OP probably leading to someone rage quitting or the like.

Good Luck with ground missions because once you get into doing them and succeeding them you will love doing them time and time again.