# 1 Arrow - Maybe Spoilers
10-22-2013, 12:45 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>

A while back when I heard this was coming on I was turned off from it because the memory of Green Arrow in Smallville was fresh in my memory. I said why would they take the Green Arrow, a character they fleshed out pretty well in Smallville, and then rewrite everything about that character? Man was I an idiot. Recently I saw advertisements for the show and it looked pretty cool. I decided to buy it but then I didn't really have the money. I said, I will just wit till its on Netflix. The very next night I find it on Netflix.

I am amazed and blown away at how well written this show is. And the action? The coolest fight scene I have witnessed since Ip Man, is in this little tv show called Arrow. Oliver obliterates like 15 guys with automatic weapons one guy he grabs by the head and smashed it into this glass thing that shatters, then he drop two more times smashing the guys already smashed head in to the wall leaving holes.

Maybe i'm so approving of this show because I had the bar set so low. I hated they were redoing Green Arrow and I thought it was going to be another teenage/turning in to a hero thing.

But I actually find the stories well written. Olivers mom is bad. The boat sabotage. The way oliver spent his time on the island. That alone could be a tv show by itself. However, my only gripe is that wish they would get Oliver some sort of mask. Maybe something to cover his from his nose on down. Anyway, I got one more episode to watch and then on to Season 2.
Captain
# 2
10-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I didn't watch Smallville, but I'm a GA fan from the comics (pre-New 52). The show is fun to watch. Not the best acting from ... that actor, but I'm ok with that.

This week, Black Canary shows up (I think) and THAT'S what I've been waiting for.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 3
10-22-2013, 12:53 PM
I too avoided it till it hit NetFlix last week...

I watched the season in four days!

And have specifically sought out the new season on the CW's website.

I am quite impressed as well, i did not really enjoy "Smallville" but this has got me hooked!

I wonder if they are grooming his sisters new boyfriend to be "Speedy"??
(even though he calls his sister that a few times)

That would be truly weird.

LoL

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-22-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Career Officer
# 4
10-22-2013, 01:21 PM
I think they are grooming Thea's boyfriend to be Red Arrow.
Rihannsu
# 5
10-22-2013, 01:33 PM
I have been hugly impressed with the show.

Maybe a touch too much Queen family drama at times, but still a very good show that they are taking their time with to develop.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 6
10-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixhex View Post
I think they are grooming Thea's boyfriend to be Red Arrow.
Heh...

At times, the exact same character.

Though, it would be interesting to see if they make the sister 'Speedy' and Roy the 'Red Arrow'.
(Roy was also known as "Arsenal" for a long time in the comics)

What the hell kinda family life would that make.

LoL
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-22-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Captain
# 7
10-22-2013, 01:44 PM
As a side note or threadjack, I read rumors that CW was planning a show for Wonder Woman named "Amazon" ... and if that is remotely true, then booya.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Career Officer
# 8
10-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Man oh man, I just finished season 1. What a great season finale! Whoever wrote the final fight between Oliver and Dark Archer must have just watched Live Free or Die Hard and Rocky Balboa. I will leave it at that to see if anyone gets what I mean.
Career Officer
# 9
10-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
As a side note or threadjack, I read rumors that CW was planning a show for Wonder Woman named "Amazon" ... and if that is remotely true, then booya.
They've also got in the works, a semi-pilot for "The Flash".

It's actually rumored that Flash will show up in a few episodes of this second season of ARROW, as a prelude to having his own show.

Career Officer
# 10
10-22-2013, 04:49 PM
There was a nice sneaky throwaway hint as to how the Flash gets his powers in this universe in a recent episode.
----