Career Officer
# 31
10-12-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm not really sure why people think this is fleet mark farming, if it is.. these people are too bright, many ways to get more marks faster. Since FA gives you a chunk of completion marks and only a few on the way to the end, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

The real problem is people are trying for the accolades, which is ridiculous to try and get. If you are lucky enough to get the race you want (plenty warp out on first spawn) then you need to be lucky enough to get the boss you need. The odds of getting what you need for an accolade are stupidly low, its grinding pushed past the limits of tolerable.

With a T5 starbase I'm hoping to face T4/5 enemies, not T1 enemies constantly. There needs to be ways to fix this, here and in incursion as well.
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Captain
# 32
10-12-2013, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I'm not really sure why people think this is fleet mark farming, if it is.. these people are too bright, many ways to get more marks faster. Since FA gives you a chunk of completion marks and only a few on the way to the end, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Well, the thing with this particular case is that Alert, specifically, is front-loaded. The first three waves pay over 10 marks apiece...the 4th wave and the boss fight pay practically nothing, at least nothing that justifies the half-hour ban that results. When we were first forced to look for alternate sources for mark-farming, I noticed this first. We ran it this way a few times, but ultimately decided it just wasn't worth it and abandoned this action completely. The pay on this just isn't good enough for FM farming. Since then, it was widely assumed that this was the case: Naive farmers who haven't figured out that the pickings are too lean to bother with. For my part, I wasn't even aware there was an accolade involved.

It was rylanadionysis and therealguru who brought this "Accolade" notion to my attention, and based on the descriptions of when people leave, it seems far more plausible that this is what they're actually looking for. As such, adjusting the reward upward for the final waves, and in general, might actually improve the lot in life for other Accolade Hunters, by bringing in a larger population of Mark Farmers, who will fight to the end given a larger paycheck. If the mark gain is reduced or simply left bad, the mission will continue to be run primarily by the Accolade Hunters, and they're going to ditch no matter what you do with the pay adjustments, often immediately when they see that they're not getting what they want. At least with more Mark Farmers, the farmers would fight to the death because they don't care about the boss.

So any adjustment should be aimed at making this mission more profitable to farm, bringing it up to where we'd seriously consider it. Because as it stands, the yield is, well, bad.
Career Officer
# 33
10-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Isn't there a 20 mark completion bonus on this though?

Defera runs are better FM Farming if you get enough alts
Delirium Tremens
Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
Nothing to do anymore.
http://dtfleet.com/
Visit our Youtube channel
Empire Veteran
# 34
10-12-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Any time rewards per minute per effort are out of line, aberrant behavior follows. This one's been on my radar for awhile now, but takes a couple of people working together to fix, so it's nontrivial (we have to restructure how the mission gives out rewards, rather than just changing the rewards that are being given, if that makes sense). Hopefully we'll get to change this in the near future - I agree it's unfun to have your "allies" abandon you just because "gotta get my farms".
It actually should be restructured to where its like an adventure zone and being actually invaded lol.

Another aspect would be to put some kind of optional in the last wave where you can get a reduced cd or none at all being this is mostly fleet alerts because for one on either fed or kdf side especially kdf I never see a 20 man one ever prompting to engage lol. Blockade is a monster because #1. People just want to blow stuff up. #2. Along with #1 they just let the transports die. A lot of why this is happening is because the majority of players don't like doing anything other than this one event and a lot of them only have a few characters so its not like myself where I can just go to another character and sit in the que for half an hour before it engages.
Captain
# 35
10-12-2013, 05:06 PM
There is another issue with the Fleet Alert, in addition to the final wave only wielding 4 marks. If you quit before you kill the final wave (aka the named boss ship), you circumvent the cooldown of the mission and you're able to run it back to back, making it even more rewarding to quit early.

They should just reward the marks at the end of the encounter (similar to azure rescue, vault: ensnared or athmosphere assault) and implement the same leaver penalty that's in place for STFs for example.

The Mirror Event has the same kind of problems.
Career Officer
# 36
10-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
Any time rewards per minute per effort are out of line, aberrant behavior follows. This one's been on my radar for awhile now, but takes a couple of people working together to fix, so it's nontrivial (we have to restructure how the mission gives out rewards, rather than just changing the rewards that are being given, if that makes sense). Hopefully we'll get to change this in the near future - I agree it's unfun to have your "allies" abandon you just because "gotta get my farms".
Thank god!

I, for one, am sick & tired of reaching the 'Dreadnought' stage of Fleet Alert, only to find that only myself and one other player were interested in actually playing the content over Fleet Mark greed.

I almost never experience an instance where at least one person hasn't bailed by/at the Dreadnought stage.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Captain
# 37
10-14-2013, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Thank god!

I, for one, am sick & tired of reaching the 'Dreadnought' stage of Fleet Alert, only to find that only myself and one other player were interested in actually playing the content over Fleet Mark greed.

I almost never experience an instance where at least one person hasn't bailed by/at the Dreadnought stage.
I feel your pain. Both ones I queued for yesterday had someone leave. One in the first, and three in the second.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Empire Veteran
# 38
10-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Blockade is a monster because #1. People just want to blow stuff up. #2. Along with #1 they just let the transports die.
Since gravwell buff blockade is now the least effort for fm gain. Before you needed 2 people to complete it effectively, now you can easily solo it. Simply make an alt dedicated to pushing (preferably a fleet varanus), max graviton with 4 graviton consoles, barrier field and aceton assimilator, have 2 gravwells, 2 tbr's, and epte, 3 evasive doffs, engine batteries and aux battery and driver coil and run in engine/aux power and your good. just run around the 3 freigters doing gravwell, tbr, gravwell, if you mess up barrier field/aceton to draw aggro. And if your an engineer you can eps the transports and it moves towards the starbase at ludicrous speed
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-14-2013, 09:36 AM
The problem is the reward for defeating the final wave is so miniscule. 5 fleet marks is not really much of an incentive to stay when you can queue again if you leave. They should make the cooldown timer start after the 2nd wave. That way if you end up with a group of campers or low dps players who have no hope of clearing wave 6 you can leave. They should also increase the reward for the dreadnaught wave. 5 fleet marks is a pretty poor reward IMO.
Captain
# 40
10-14-2013, 09:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsilverwings1 View Post
I'm also of the achiever/accolade archetype and do not care for FM from FA, more profitable ways to get it and do this is sort of thing solely for the accolade (so changing the reward system won't necessarily deter accoladers leaving). Once I've got them I do that event if I feel like it or want to help those that are accolade hunting (and yes I do help, I frequently shout out or offer my help in Accolades channel).

In this specific case of Fleet Alerts, the one thing I feel that makes it worse (people leaving) is the randomness of the accolades not to mention the mislabeled ones. The Khellid accolade is the biggest culprit and I feel has turned a huge amount of the accolade community off from trying to earn them or stop accolade hunting altogether because they can't take the Cryptic random generator screwing them over. If there wasn't the need to repeatedly try our luck at this sort of thing then you'd solve the problem of the accolade group leaving. STF accolades are based on completion so why not FA's? Give people an incentive to stay not reasons to bail (aside from the 30m vs few less fm reward and chance to trying to get the accolade they want).
I hate the Khellid accolade, it was the worst idea devs have had for an accolade in this game. Only way I'll be able to get it is if they:
1) Changed the random factor to pay x lobi for x type of Khellid.
2) Drastically lowered the lobi price for the random Khellid box. Frankly 30 lobi is too much for a random pet that I don't really want. I just want the accolade.

Accolade hunters make groups and go in and out of fleet alert until they get the desired enemy/siege ship in order to get the accolade. I've been at the fleet alert one for a year and I'm still missing the Undine and the 5 of 5 borg ship.