Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Sorry if my english is not 100 % correct as I am writing to you from Germany, also sorry if this issue has already been reported many many times before, but after I was called a leecher for the second time now, I have to rant a little bit.

It is all about the well known BO station and hot bar bug. Today I was entering an CE via quere and again there was NO BO in place and nearly no ability left on my hotbar. I tried to very quickly replace everything to join my team, but while these two minutes it took me people already called me a leecher and other bad language.

Why cryptic do you care about minor bugs and not about this? Why should I buy a new ship from the store when switching ships is such a p.i.t.a.? Same reason why I don't fly shuttle missions - cause this also seems to force the bug to come up.

I spent a lot of time, money and love into outfitting my ships to only find them "empty" nearly every second time I wanna play my toons. Don't know on how many ignore lists players are just for this.

Please devs do something about this. Thank you for reading!
Republic Veteran
# 2
10-09-2013, 02:09 AM
I have encountered this bug a few times also, it is rather annoying.

I advise that you take a note of what bridge officers are where, and then you can slot them back in a few seconds, and your abilities should all appear in their correct tray positions.
# 3
10-09-2013, 02:11 AM
One way I overcome this is by naming by BO's accordingly;

NWS Cmd Tac (for my nws runs).
Sci healer or Lt Sci (know that BO goes in my Lt Sci slot).

It's not like the name of the BO interferes with my gameplay and there's little content that requires me to bring my BOs along for me to see what they are called. Until they do fix it perhaps you can try this.
Kirk's Protege - 19/11/2012
Kirk's Protege Jr - 30/05/2014
[1/5 5:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 964780 (1581938) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-09-2013, 02:37 AM
Perhaps if BO settings were saveable and loadable it would speed up the process of restoring the lost assignments--but yes, that's a silly bug with a very profound effect on play.

There's one a lot like it--go to the ship selector and just look at another ship in your list--that can trigger a BO reset as well.
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
10-09-2013, 02:51 AM
Do you queue your PVE when you're on ground?
If so, first go to space and check if everything is OK. That's how i've been doing it lately.

Barely had any problems ever since.

Oh, and one suggestion; if you experience this problem, let the other people know by telling them this in Team or Local chat.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Survivor of Remus
# 6
10-09-2013, 03:10 AM
Did you quickly tell your team that your abilities are messed up and you'll be a minute or so to sort it? That usually stops your teammates thinking the worst of you.

Peacekeeper High Command
Bylar Crais - Zelbinion IV
Scorpius - R.R.W. Kharibdyss
Career Officer
# 7
10-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Let's hope this bug gets fixed before the Auto AFK code gets implemented.
Captain
# 8
10-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Let's hope this bug gets fixed before the Auto AFK code gets implemented.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztVMib1T4T4
Captain
# 9
10-09-2013, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupibird View Post
Sorry if my english is not 100 % correct as I am writing to you from Germany, also sorry if this issue has already been reported many many times before, but after I was called a leecher for the second time now, I have to rant a little bit.

It is all about the well known BO station and hot bar bug. Today I was entering an CE via quere and again there was NO BO in place and nearly no ability left on my hotbar. I tried to very quickly replace everything to join my team, but while these two minutes it took me people already called me a leecher and other bad language.

Why cryptic do you care about minor bugs and not about this? Why should I buy a new ship from the store when switching ships is such a p.i.t.a.? Same reason why I don't fly shuttle missions - cause this also seems to force the bug to come up.

I spent a lot of time, money and love into outfitting my ships to only find them "empty" nearly every second time I wanna play my toons. Don't know on how many ignore lists players are just for this.

Please devs do something about this. Thank you for reading!
Ah that glitch,

But i have to say, if someone starts calling you an afker, just explain that the glitch has happened, or to settle the problem, just get within the 10km range and fire at the nearest target, while you sort you bar out.

Yes you wont be as effective as other players while you sort the skills, but your still adding your damage, and silencing some of the easily agitated players of the game. (just be careful if it happens in some STF not to blow something up early etc )

(dont get me wrong a fix to the glitch would be awesome, but just fly close to the entity and shoot while you sort, assuming your worried about other players that is )

also, i have to say, your English is MUCH better than quite a native speak/typers i know
Your Heavy Graviton Beam deals 26470 (10583) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Assimilated Carrier.
Career Officer
# 10
10-09-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndonai View Post
Did you quickly tell your team that your abilities are messed up and you'll be a minute or so to sort it? That usually stops your teammates thinking the worst of you.
What? You mean actually respond to other people as if they were real? That's insane.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg