Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 11
10-09-2013, 08:15 AM
I feel for ya man, but you could do what I do and say in chat, my hot bar has been wiped, I have to reset all my boff abilities. People will understand.

Communication can divert wars, best to use it before the first shot is fired
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Career Officer
# 12
10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
I get a similar prob with bridge officers going to lunch when i start a mission (its random) even when i start from space and check them before the mission starts, its a right pain in the bum,,,,,
Captain
# 13
10-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Fighting a lv 52 borg cube... while looking through this list of skills and items. May as well be doing these things blind-folded, while doing a jigsaw!
Captain
# 14
10-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Did you fly a shuttle mission recently? Or switch to another ship?

These 2 usually cause boff hotbar bugging. If you've done any of this, remember to beam back to space first, this allows you to catch the bug before you fly into a queued fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-10-2013, 09:23 PM
If you don't want this to happen make your you DONT lock the skills tray on any of your ships.
Captain
# 16
10-10-2013, 09:40 PM
All of these voodoo methods don't work. The fact of the matter is that it just occurs without any apparent rhyme or reason, whether or not you do shuttle missions, or any missions at all, whether you switch ships, etc. None of these things have any effect. It just happens for no reason at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
But i have to say, if someone starts calling you an afker, just explain that the glitch has happened, or to settle the problem, just get within the 10km range and fire at the nearest target, while you sort you bar out.
No, don't do that, because if you do, you will be unable to slot any boffs!
Rihannsu
# 17
10-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Let's hope this bug gets fixed before the Auto AFK code gets implemented.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=877831

TOO LATE, already implemented on holodeck even though the patchnotes said otherwise.
Career Officer
# 18
10-11-2013, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbailey View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=877831

TOO LATE, already implemented on holodeck even though the patchnotes said otherwise.
If you looked through that thread, the AFK tech going live was a mistake. It's not suppose to be live yet since they still need to tweek it and pwebranflakes said he would pass it along to the team so they can take care of it.

To the OP regarding your boff station problem:

This problem goes as far back as closed beta for LoR (I had an invite). It was fixed during beta but broke again when LoR launched.

The workaround is to set all ship stations to 'none', including shuttle/fighter, and all away team slots to security (fed), bekk (KDF), or ulhan (romulan), then reassign all of them. It will stay fixed for good unless you enter any map that requires you take 1 or more boffs for an away team, such as new romulus, nimbus iii, or story episodes, or if you go to a ship selector and switch ships. After reassigning your away team and boff stations you can reassign your doff department heads. Going on 5 months since LoR released and it's really getting annoying.

P.S. If you want to switch out even 1 boff in a ship station or your away team, you might as well empty everything and reassign them all again or the problem will start again.

Hope this helps. It works just fine for me.
Career Officer
# 19
10-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by elandarksky View Post
Ah that glitch,

But i have to say, if someone starts calling you an afker, just explain that the glitch has happened, or to settle the problem, just get within the 10km range and fire at the nearest target, while you sort you bar out.

Yes you wont be as effective as other players while you sort the skills, but your still adding your damage, and silencing some of the easily agitated players of the game. (just be careful if it happens in some STF not to blow something up early etc )

(dont get me wrong a fix to the glitch would be awesome, but just fly close to the entity and shoot while you sort, assuming your worried about other players that is )

also, i have to say, your English is MUCH better than quite a native speak/typers i know
You can't change/slot bridge officer stations while in red alert (attacking or being attacked).

Edit: I just realized you meant sorting boff abilities in the skill trays after reassigning them.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 10-12-2013 at 08:09 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Captain
# 20
10-13-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syndonai View Post
Did you quickly tell your team that your abilities are messed up and you'll be a minute or so to sort it? That usually stops your teammates thinking the worst of you.
Most likely NO, never had I seen anyone even mention they were afk or needed to afk a min or so, or even setting up boff's and/or skills. So it's no wonder they started complaining when he (she) could have said something or simply fix the issue before queing up a mission!!! A brain in a person's head should be used, not abused people!!!
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet