Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24448063

I saw these rumours earlier this week, but today the BBC News website has posted a story about it. You can't get much more confirmed online then that.

Brief summery of article (and other similer articles):
Missing DW episodes,
Found in Ethiopia, or Sierra Leone,
Details annouced tommorow in a London press conference.
Captain
# 2
10-09-2013, 09:22 AM
I'm going to reserve all jubilation until tomorrow.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-09-2013, 12:52 PM
YAY! Sounds great.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
10-09-2013, 02:07 PM
I'd been in discussions with a couple of other DW fans months back. We suspected back then that at least a couple of the missing episodes were possibly being sat on by the BBC awaiting the 50th celebration for an announcement with greater impact. I'd be curious to discover truthfully when these bits were really uncovered, though I doubt we'll get such. Just enjoy the festivities.
Career Officer
# 5
10-10-2013, 12:25 AM
Me, I am completely confident that quite a few have been found, and I am hoping the Power of the Daleks (the first Pstrick Troughton) and THe Highlanders (second Patrick Troughton and first Jamie) have been found.

Anyway, like I said, (or meant to say) I will update this later, after the press conference.

Incidentally, as I was typing this post, I saw a advert for Watch, (as I was watching Sykes on GOLD) which was Doctor Who afternoons, Saturday for 2. Behind the scenes is most of it, but at 2:30 till 4:30 is a feature length version of The Aztecs (4th ever episode), (sadly, I own it) and later Voyage of the Damned.
Captain
# 6
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by admiraltrappitt View Post
Me, I am completely confident that quite a few have been found, and I am hoping the Power of the Daleks (the first Pstrick Troughton) and THe Highlanders (second Patrick Troughton and first Jamie) have been found.

Anyway, like I said, (or meant to say) I will update this later, after the press conference.

Incidentally, as I was typing this post, I saw a advert for Watch, (as I was watching Sykes on GOLD) which was Doctor Who afternoons, Saturday for 2. Behind the scenes is most of it, but at 2:30 till 4:30 is a feature length version of The Aztecs (4th ever episode), (sadly, I own it) and later Voyage of the Damned.
I'd forgotten they started this weekend, darn
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Career Officer
# 7
10-10-2013, 04:08 PM
9 episodes. That is all. 4 out of 6 of The Web of Fear, and 5 out of 6 of The Enemy of the World, making that one complete. Very dissapointed. Saying there is more thne 100, and all this hype for 9 episodes.
Captain
# 8
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
Quote:
9 episodes. That is all. 4 out of 6 of The Web of Fear, and 5 out of 6 of The Enemy of the World, making that one complete. Very dissapointed. Saying there is more thne 100, and all this hype for 9 episodes.
Do they have audio for the rest of Web of Fear? I'm thinking if they wanted to, they could construct a 3D animated version of the rest, much like some of the quality trailers used to advertise modern MMOs.
Captain
# 9
10-11-2013, 12:12 AM
Quote:
http://www.doctorwhonews.net/2013/10...recovered.html
9 episodes is the biggest find yet isn't it, I've always wondered what The Enemy of the World is like, it sounded so good when I saw a synopsis of it.
__________________________________________________ __
For those of you who have complimented me on my Avatar, I'm wondering what you're talking about. I don't have one.

SILENCE WILL FALL....................Why the hell did I just say that
Captain
# 10
10-11-2013, 03:38 AM
It's such a shame episode 3 of Web of Fear is still missing, I hope it's going to be animated, it could be 'cos the BBC only has it in the budget to animate 1 episode per serial.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.