Lt. Commander
I would like to buy a lifetime subscription to the game (had a great time with it in closed and open beta) but need to use my "super secret credit card" so that the wife doesn't aggro.

But when I go to the "my account" page, I have no way of adding a credit card. I've tried to "delete" the current card information, but get this error in red: "The Subscription service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time."

Any suggestions on how to get this changed, and the lifetime sub ordered?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2010, 05:28 AM
Open a ticket....or..."try again later"...or...man up and tell the wife :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2010, 05:31 AM
Think they are doing something with the account servers or so, seans like they have been up and down since open beta ended.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2010, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Ticket is opened with them and I've tried a number of times.

I'll go sit on the phone support line in a few hours and see if I can make it through.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2010, 08:37 AM
Issue resolved... but not through the account management tool. There isn't a way there to change the payment method.

But when I went to purchase the lifetime sub, I was able to put in a new payment method.

Should be a way, though, to add and remove payment methods from the account management page.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Are your account pages showing details? Mine no longer shows my pre-order or my lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-28-2010, 08:58 AM
same here, missing everything regarding star trek online, even the LIFETIME-part

but I think they are just upgrading the servers to keep them running when the game becomes released and tons of people try to create an account at the very same time... hope dies last
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslo View Post
I would like to buy a lifetime subscription to the game (had a great time with it in closed and open beta) but need to use my "super secret credit card" so that the wife doesn't aggro.

But when I go to the "my account" page, I have no way of adding a credit card. I've tried to "delete" the current card information, but get this error in red: "The Subscription service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time."

Any suggestions on how to get this changed, and the lifetime sub ordered?
Got the same message "The Subscription service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time." I could not buy lifetime sub with my mastercard. Tried for a week. Got a tip to use paypal and it worked instantly. Look for a thread "Unable to "buy" The liftime subscritption". Many of us got help and solution there. I think that "manage payment methods" link in the account menu is somehow broken., not sure though.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
im stuck trying to delete someone else's credit card info from my account, same problem. The Subscription service is temporarily down, please try again at a later time.