Ensign
# 1 hog error / version 7
10-26-2013, 02:39 PM
to anyone, was trying to load New Romulus , it took to long for server to connect ,
since then i am unable to go back into the game . I get the main window to the point
of choosing character , after that i get an error message. Does anyone know what to do ?
Please . If i have to reinstall would that mean that all my characters and standing would be gone ?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 10-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.
Captain
# 2
10-26-2013, 02:40 PM
The first thing you want to do is Force Verify from the Launcher. And no, re-installing doesn't affect your characters as they're stored on the Server, not on your computer.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
# 3
10-26-2013, 02:40 PM
Actually, you can just search for, and delete the .hogg file... The launcher will automatically download, and reinstall it.

And I won't be writing a mail to you... No offence, but I don't feel like sharing my email with a stranger.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Ensign
# 4 hog error /version 7
10-27-2013, 11:37 AM
Update
Thank you for your replies. I have found since then that i can play my other characters , Romulan and Klingon , i went trough " force verify " , and did not help for the Federation character . The actual file is called : " Bin/Geobin/Maps/planets/Rom/Rom_New_Romulus_
Ground/Rom_New_Romulus_Ground.zone/Terrain_Default_Models_0.Hogg: 20 "
During the " force verify " it doesn't seem to find the Hogg file , and the help of my friend we have found some Hogg files but they are not specific .
Also sorry for posting my email, i was unaware of that rule , that email is only for games.
Thanks for reminding me.
If anyone can help that would be great.
One more thing , to all those put this game on line , you are doing an outstanding job .