Captain
# 21
10-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Like I was saying earlier like the idea in general. I started the TD channel as one way to reduce the number of premades in the space que... the ground guys are even worse imo, when a community of players is that small I no idea how some find pleasure in the none stop curb stomping of pugs.
I stated on a separate thread, or maybe this one, that 40 players are capable of shutting down the ground Q for 24 hours. That is INSANE for an mmo. 40 players have never made such a big mark in an mmo IMO. The random Q would help casual players find a spot on the team with out fear of the premade curb stomp of doom.

Visit my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Akurie369?feature=watch
or, follow me on FB https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bi-Sh...70769523107039
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
10-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduffie369 View Post
I stated on a separate thread, or maybe this one, that 40 players are capable of shutting down the ground Q for 24 hours. That is INSANE for an mmo. 40 players have never made such a big mark in an mmo IMO. The random Q would help casual players find a spot on the team with out fear of the premade curb stomp of doom.
This is kind of why i dont ground. I have beamed in, get flat out owned, and it didnt appear they were accomplishing anything but spawn camping then retreating. No points ever went counted down then I left after probably 20 minutes that felt like 90. I can ground pvp in fleet internal matches, but it is more fun and trash talk each other...affectionately of course!
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Captain
# 23
10-09-2013, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milanvorius View Post
This is kind of why i dont ground. I have beamed in, get flat out owned, and it didnt appear they were accomplishing anything but spawn camping then retreating. No points ever went counted down then I left after probably 20 minutes that felt like 90. I can ground pvp in fleet internal matches, but it is more fun and trash talk each other...affectionately of course!
The main play style of a pvp premade versus a pug group amounts to this; wipe the pug group and splinter them, and then spend the rest of the match picking them off one by one while they franticly try to regroup or just spawn camp them. It's a pathetic display of bad sportsmanship on the premades behalf.

Captain
# 24
10-09-2013, 08:05 PM
Quote:
If you catch a random ground match your team and the opposing team have an equal chance of having players of the same quality and like-wise for space. It is a good opportunity for people to learn and would definitely add some spice to the routine.
Also, remember it would be an option. If you did not want to Q for a random match you would not have to.
I go back to my comment.
People who don't like ground are then stuck with being roflstomped as a choice.
I and many others couldn't care less about ground missions, let alone PvP.
I personally can't stand anything ground orientated as its slow, boring and badly executed.
Career Officer
# 25
10-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:
It would exist as an OPTION for players who want it. I don't think you bothered to read through and are allowing personal bias to influence your own opinion and interpretation of the thread.
There's not much to interpret here OP. Very few, if any of the pvp puggers would want to go into totally random queues. I still fail to see why a non option would be worth the time investment of its creation instead of a simple "teamed, not teamed" algorithm to set up random games.

TBH I just don't think there's many players interested in ground at all. The way you have to decide whether to use traits for space or ground is more or less the kiss of death for ground. I use 2 ground traits on my main to hold on to that little bit of rp feel left, but in truth I know I should be taking 2 more space traits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
....you are a bad starship captain and you should feel bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tachyonharmonic View Post
However, I think with regard to the Romulan Republic player characters/npcs, it all comes down to a finite point:

These are not the Romulans from the shows.

Last edited by skyranger1414; 10-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Captain
# 26
10-09-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Add a pvp option that assigns players to a random game mode (space or ground) and a random team(you can not Q as a team). Tie the game mode to a daily mission and watch pvp interest grow and the community become a bit more at ease with the topic of pvp as it will become more tolerable to the casual players.
I kinda like where you're going with this, but Q'ing isn't very random.

How about Sector Skirmish (PvP) Alerts. Like Current Borg/Tholian Sector Alerts. At random intervals a red button appears in the UI and transwarps players to a system map in the sector, where they face off in a battle of the factions.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
10-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyranger1414 View Post
TBH I just don't think there's many players interested in ground at all. The way you have to decide whether to use traits for space or ground is more or less the kiss of death for ground. I use 2 ground traits on my main to hold on to that little bit of rp feel left, but in truth I know I should be taking 2 more space traits.
make the rewards worthwhile and they will be interested in it.

Ground sucks by design, not lack of potential. There is little variation in success, most spec for space and sacrifice ground because most of the game is space based. So by being rational you lose competitiveness to a ground pvp goliath. There is little new gear or fun stuff to make gPvP fun. Ground Pvp needs to feel even more like a fps. Developing a hud pop up control wheel like in Rainbow 6, battlefield or Arma would go a long way to making ground combat feel like the most popular ground combat games.

I think the pvp and specifically gpvp is not getting any attention is they just don't know what to do with it.

Another thing that would make pvp more palatable to the masses would be to make 4 skill trees unique to each other. Ground PvE, Ground PvP, space pve and space pvp skill trees with all players having equality in the allotment in skill points across them, no more decisions of if I want my ground to suck at the benefit of space. There should be no competition in unrelated skill trees and STO has 4 game types G & S pve & pvp. the reason for this is many in our fleet would like to try pvp but they spec for a role they like in pve. By doing so they are not as optimized for pvp, which really is not about RP as much as being most productive. This has the added bonus of making balance between pvp and pve easier as the devs could modify DEM orTachyon Beam to suit pvp balance and a different quality factor to pve balance, as the different powers are more useful against someone with a brain versus a cluster of digits.
End the war with the KDF and FED, allow cross faction teams, as the queues permit.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
10-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxbad View Post
I kinda like where you're going with this, but Q'ing isn't very random.

How about Sector Skirmish (PvP) Alerts. Like Current Borg/Tholian Sector Alerts. At random intervals a red button appears in the UI and transwarps players to a system map in the sector, where they face off in a battle of the factions.
A pop up for a Section 31 team tourney, winner team gets a VR doff, loser team gets a rare doff that is bound on pick up but very useful after completing 5 random queues.
Captain
# 29
10-10-2013, 03:57 AM
While youre at it, fix the queues so they actually ONLY queue in even numbers.

It gets pretty tiring being in matches where one side outnumbers the other. Either its my side rolling theirs or theirs rolling mine.

After a few tries to even get a single kill and every fight being ridiculously outnumbered... whats the point then.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 30
10-10-2013, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
While youre at it, fix the queues so they actually ONLY queue in even numbers.

It gets pretty tiring being in matches where one side outnumbers the other. Either its my side rolling theirs or theirs rolling mine.

After a few tries to even get a single kill and every fight being ridiculously outnumbered... whats the point then.
I would take it upon myself to fix it all if I could.