Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
yep, since last patch the defense don't stack, while it should be.
the patch note stated that only the stealth value will not stack anymore but not the defense value.
however my defense value drop of 7% since only 1 romulan is taken into account now.
players, check your stats
cryptic! well....check them too.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...28931&page=271
Captain
# 2
10-09-2013, 05:16 PM
Was mentioned as an issue before the patch went live. Was bug reported the moment the patch went live. Haven't seen a thing from Cryptic on it in response...
Career Officer
# 3
10-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
Was mentioned as an issue before the patch went live. Was bug reported the moment the patch went live. Haven't seen a thing from Cryptic on it in response...

Yeah, pretty much.

I've posted it a couple of times, not even an acknowledgement of it.

Commander
# 4
10-09-2013, 11:14 PM
I wonder if it matters. Everyone lost equal amount of defense, everyone pops faster

kkthx5groupinstavape
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-09-2013, 11:51 PM
It's a bug. Space traits should stack. I'll take a look at what went wrong and try to stop similar things from going wrong in the future. We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.

While I'm at it, yes, Traits aren't super exciting choices for BOffs at the moment, and I think that's a problem. We have a lot of debt to pay off on Bridge Officers in general. As a general rule, Space Traits should stack on BOffs so that you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like. At the same time, we need viable Space Traits on all species so that, once again, you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like.
Jeff "Adjudicator Hawk" Hamilton
Systems Designer - Cryptic Studios
Twitter: @JeffAHamilton
Career Officer
# 6
10-10-2013, 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjudicatorhawk View Post
We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.
Understood, that wasn't really aimed at systems (my comment) it was something posted on the test server bug forums.

Quote:
While I'm at it, yes, Traits aren't super exciting choices for BOffs at the moment, and I think that's a problem. We have a lot of debt to pay off on Bridge Officers in general. As a general rule, Space Traits should stack on BOffs so that you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like. At the same time, we need viable Space Traits on all species so that, once again, you don't feel discouraged from using the guys you like.
All good news.

I'd love to be able to un-retire my Feds at some point

Captain
# 7
10-10-2013, 01:01 AM
Quote:
It's a bug. Space traits should stack. I'll take a look at what went wrong and try to stop similar things from going wrong in the future. We're super busy working hard on Season 8 at the moment, so we may miss some messages and posts about issues.

I see no issue with that Hawk, but I do want to flat out say that if we are going to keep Romulans in SuperCrit mode, we need to give all feds and klingons that arent romulans something that can compare... such as

Feds: Superior Space Targeting - +2% Accuracy
KDF: Superior Space Firepower - +2% damage (to all damage types)

And the regular and basic forms of the above on greens and blues and what have you. AND these boffs CANNOT be used by romulan characters or the opposing faction.

Because right now, there is no reason to not run a romulan. Most of our fed and KDF characters can simply not keep up with the power of a fully geared and specced romulan with 5x SROs

Everything is OP, plz nerf
Fleet Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Career Officer
# 8
10-10-2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
It's a bug. Space traits should stack.
You mean except for the +stealth and the +hull regen traits that you intentionally made non-stacking?

Why does the system have to be so convoluted? Bring the values in line so that every trait works okay if you have 5 of it; don't make special rules for everything so that in the end nobody knows whether it's a bug or a feature. Or alternatively make all traits non-stacking to promote Boff diversity.
http://hilbertguide.com
Empire Veteran
# 9
10-10-2013, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
I see no issue with that Hawk, but I do want to flat out say that if we are going to keep Romulans in SuperCrit mode, we need to give all feds and klingons that arent romulans something that can compare... such as

Feds: Superior Space Targeting - +2% Accuracy
KDF: Superior Space Firepower - +2% damage (to all damage types)

And the regular and basic forms of the above on greens and blues and what have you. AND these boffs CANNOT be used by romulan characters or the opposing faction.

Because right now, there is no reason to not run a romulan. Most of our fed and KDF characters can simply not keep up with the power of a fully geared and specced romulan with 5x SROs
Agreed. If STO was Star Trek the entire alpha quadrant would be speaking romulan
Empire Veteran
# 10
10-10-2013, 02:02 AM
excellent news, about all species space traits at least being on the back burner
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus