Career Officer
# 91
10-13-2013, 05:28 AM
I know it has been said before but the Avenger is ugly and I don't buy the excuse that it was an attempt to make it look like more of a 'gunship' and in all seriousness in terms of aesthetics it is ugly pile with the Regent and Venture. Just because it is supposed to look like a gunship doesn't mean the lines have to be sacrificed, look at the warship Voyager from the episode 'Living Witness' which was turned into a gunboat. Voyager was essentially bristling with weapons and still managed to keep much of its 'elegant' design intact. While I do not mind the saucer section and think that the nacelles are awesome, while the primary hull(including the main offender which is the deflector), pylons and neck need redesign. Looking at it from an angle, one can plainly see that it looks like it has just been piece together because there is no flow to the look and don't compliment each other in style. The pylons, the hull and the neck of the ship clash in terms flow, because of the neck it looks like the hull and pylons are just begging to be swept back and thus wants to go against the 'gunship' look that the designer was going for.
"I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105

Last edited by kylelocke; 10-13-2013 at 06:41 AM.
Captain
# 92
10-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Ok everyone loves the avenger now can the kdf get something to bring up to the same lvl as tge scimitar and avenger or will we have to wait three years again
NO TO ARC
Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
Starfleet Veteran
# 93
10-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalexkx View Post
avenger class?
cool, i want a thor
I knew it was only a matter of time before someone made this joke.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 94
10-14-2013, 07:47 AM
Since i am a (ratehr less) proud owner of a Avenger, i have come to the conclusion, that this ship needs a more wide Saucer, additionally to its egg shaped one.
This would relocate the ships mass from the deflector/Hull area to the upper neck, which would make the ship look less clumsy but keep its distinct Hot Rod look.

I think a wider array of possible shapes should be added to all new Starfleet designs, like the Odyssey or Regent.
Similar to the Heavy Cruiser which also has very different looking Saucers, Cryptic could add some wide or otherwise shaped saucers, which would give more options.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-
T6 Guardian Class design / A 25th century Ambassador refit
Captain
# 95
10-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Ok everyone loves the avenger now can the kdf get something to bring up to the same lvl as tge scimitar and avenger or will we have to wait three years again
A true Negh'Var Battlecruiser with LTC tac abilities would indeed be a nice addition. And I still want a targ handling kit for ground combat
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Career Officer
# 96
10-14-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post
Since i am a (ratehr less) proud owner of a Avenger, i have come to the conclusion, that this ship needs a more wide Saucer, additionally to its egg shaped one.
This would relocate the ships mass from the deflector/Hull area to the upper neck, which would make the ship look less clumsy but keep its distinct Hot Rod look.

I think a wider array of possible shapes should be added to all new Starfleet designs, like the Odyssey or Regent.
Similar to the Heavy Cruiser which also has very different looking Saucers, Cryptic could add some wide or otherwise shaped saucers, which would give more options.
I actually like it - was indifferent about it at first, but swapped the nacelle pylons to the fleet variant and rather like the way it looks.

It actually reminds of of the Warship Voyager seen in 'Living Witness'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 97
10-14-2013, 08:16 AM
A question remains: Why do you people just buy that thing anyway despite it being so horrible?
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Career Officer
# 98
10-14-2013, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
A question remains: Why do you people just buy that thing anyway despite it being so horrible?
Because some of us like it
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
Remember, this place [Captain's Table] is so desolate that upon entering the Aenigma Nebula you will be prompted with a warp out box because the game thinks you flew there by mistake.
Captain
# 99
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Because some of us like it
Then this was obviously not adressed at you :p

I mean something like "Oh the Avenger is stupid, just a cash grab, it totally contradicts Star Trek lore... okay, I bought it, and..."
Captain
# 100
10-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrytarg View Post
Then this was obviously not adressed at you :p

I mean something like "Oh the Avenger is stupid, just a cash grab, it totally contradicts Star Trek lore... okay, I bought it, and..."
Some people have more money than sense... Like that guy who spent over $1000 per month on STO.
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai