Lieutenant
You already have the massively expensive 160$ romulan promo. Why not the lifetime sub for 300$. then people would have something to work up to in end game that would be nice for future game content etc. I think it would be a wonderful addition and a nice long term item to save for!
Captain
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-27-2013, 06:17 PM
Can't see this ever happening. Lifetime subs come with a monthly Zen stipend (among other on-going perks), it doesn't make sense to be able to buy a Zen generator with dilithium (effectively).

Now, if they started adding subscription months to the store like a lot of other games, that I could see happening, but the cost would have to be higher than the Zen you get from the subscription.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.

Last edited by jbmaverick; 09-27-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Captain
# 4
09-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post
Can't see this ever happening. Lifetime subs come with a monthly Zen stipend (among other on-going perks), it doesn't make sense to be able to buy a Zen generator with dilithium (effectively).

Now, if they started adding subscription months to the store like a lot of other games, that I could see happening, but the cost would have to be higher than the Zen you get from the subscription.
This is the issue I see with it as well. The lifetime subscription now is not worth that much compared to pre-F2P.
Commander
# 5
09-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Would be great to see all forum threads started by 1000 day sub players too. There was enough of a fuss about people being able to pay for the 1000 day rewards by virtue of a LTS. Lord help us all if they make it possible get that stuff for free through gameplay alone.

Wanted: 200,000 Dilithium Special Feature Projects for Romulan skinned Fleet Holdings.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-28-2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmaverick View Post

One difficulty in fixing the price to Zen would be the D:Z market flux. I think a Z store monthly sub could be cheaper with all the perks except stipend.
PvE Jem'Hadar motto: Participation Ribbons are life.
Captain
# 7
09-28-2013, 05:11 PM
(For nitpickers, all this is based on a single character - yeah, I know, most people have more than one character on their account.)

I can see the points regarding the Zen Stipend and can agree with that - though I'm not sure I'd be willing to save up for something like sixteen months all my dilithium to convert to zen for an LTS, even with all the bonuses, in the first place...

But...

I'm not even sure a monthly membership, bought with Zen would be advantagous - it would take most of the month to save up enough Zen by way of exchanging dilithium to be able to afford it, you'd basically have to actually work the game to keep your membership up.

I don't know, someone feel free to check my math;

base price (300 for the LTS, 15 for monthly), times one hundred to reach the Zen Store price (using the same basic method they used for the Legacy Pack), times 130 as the average cost per zen in dilithium, divided by 8000, which is the maximum refinable dilithium per day per character. I got 487.5 days for an LTS and 24 days for a monthly.
Career Officer
# 8
09-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Here is the honest truth. I don't see this happening, but here is a fact. Life time subscription cost $300. In zen that is 30,000 zen. At current zen store prices at around 130 dilithium to to one zen it would cost a person 3,900,000 in dilithium. That would allow on character to achieve that amount of dilithium in 487 day, less depending on how many characters the player is able to use and the numbers differ depending on the price of zen.

So let's say a whole lot of players decided to buy zen add cash it in for dilithium. This is how zen gets in the exchange. So player A decides he wants to buy a LTS for 30000 zen. If the zen is there, which is usually the case, the life time subscription is already paid for.

When LTS goes on sale I would not allow the z-store price to change.

While I do not support this, I don't see how Cryptic looses.
Lieutenant
# 9
10-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Who said it was for one charcter. I said make the lifetime sub buyable period!! Not everything in the zstore is single character. A lot is account wide... It would be a one time purchase.

And where did you get the 15 month thing.. Lifetime subs do not last only 15 months.

And, as simeion1 said, if you are already buying zen to get dil this is no different at all. It's just a different one time purchase with an return over your lifetime. 1k a day more return "if" you choose to go collect it every day....

at 3,900,000 that would take 3900 days to get back. That is 10 years for one character! That more than equals out the price of grinding for dil to get zen. Especially when the price fluxuates. Dill is now at 140 and rising. It can go up to 300. That is alot of dil grinding with a lot of appreciation and depreciation value. So it is very much the risk of the player. Everything else in the package people can grind for anyway. 300 zen here 1000 zen there. It's not a total washout(or any at all!). But it does let people focus on grinding for their other stuff(ships etc) afterwords. Which, remember, the stuff they just got for "free," they just ground the hell out of the game to get in that lifetime sub anyway. and anyone getting it probably already has maxed out or several lv 50 characters. And probably payed for alot of things already that he gains from a life sub, wether through previous grinding or acutal money! It's, at minimum, probably more beneficial for future play and new characters as content comes out.

But it does afford players a choice! The benefits from lifetime sub are not that overwhelmingly great, or questionable based on circumsntaces. Particularly when you think of the practicalities I mentioned above and since you will basically practically need to max out a few characters to get it from grinding which will already get you to likely buy certain upgrades before hand. But it is definetly useful for the reason stated above about future content or any other long term look at how you want to play the game! And if someone wants it they can then earn it! This is very nice for people who may not ever have the chance to pay 300$, which is a very real possiblity for probably a majority of players. This is F2P afterall. Even playing sub characters might think it's too much, and probably do!

It also leaves cryptic with the flexibility of any question to the value of the game compared to preceived money value of the sub. People will get this potentially through grinding if they don't can't or won't get it through money. Then they are in the game and worked hard for it. This means future investment in the game and long term potential players. If someong grinds this out they are being serious about the game and like it. Or for whatever reason are willing to grind that much for something that benefits them more afterwords than for what they already have worked for. And I think those people deserve the chance. And I think it's in Cryptics best interetst, in every way, to let them do it!

In the end this leaves one thing there. The greater potential lifespan and population of the game. And we should all know how much more important that is over all other factors. That is what make those other factors. That is what makes or breaks a game! Always satisfy your cutsomer first!

Last edited by aftulus; 10-10-2013 at 10:52 PM.