Starfleet Veteran
# 41
10-11-2013, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
Now I seem to remember that the Voth, were not enemies of the federation... I sort of remember the episode.

Another thing, I never once saw a T-REX in army battle gear, and I was hoping you would not baby the game down to what looks like a 5 year olds idea of a game.

Its been done for doctor who, which is fine, but dont do the same thing here, kind of ruins the whole Trek thing.
They were enemies of anyone who held beliefs against the Doctrine, and Janeway found evidence in favor of Distant Origin Theory compelling, possibly conclusive. That made her their enemy, and if the rest of the Federation finds that evidence compelling as well, that makes us their enemy, too.
Captain
# 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by saekiith View Post
My concern is... judging from these Shots...

The Voth did evolve but not others? And after Millions of years, did they kept them from evolving at all (Those Dinosaucers / Battlesaurs)?
That's not how evolution works. Evolution is a result of environmental pressure on a population. No environmental pressure, no reason for certain mutations to thrive over others, thus slower/halted evolution.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!

Last edited by orangeitis; 10-11-2013 at 02:57 PM.
Lieutenant
# 43
Quote:
Cyborg dinosaurs with lasers on their heads. This sounds like the sort of silliness TOS would have done if you built a time machine and gave them a modern effects department.
I could see this being an episode of Voyager..........wait.
Career Officer
# 44
10-11-2013, 02:55 PM
I am rather hoping that I can face these laser armed T-rex's and Mech suited Voth while safely seated in my Fighter - somehow it wouldn't seem right to face them with a small phaser pistol!

Of course if we can also get to pilot said battle suits that is another matter altogether.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Captain
# 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...
I think "Star Trek: Online" 'jumped the shark' and 'nuked the fridge' all at once.
Republic Veteran
# 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkryder View Post
Another thing, I never once saw a T-REX in army battle gear, and I was hoping you would not baby the game down to what looks like a 5 year olds idea of a game.
Not sure how this is childish at all, I'm 22 and I think this is bloody awesome.
Captain
# 47
10-11-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
[...]Those Voth, while quite capable of defending themselves, weren't particularly militaristic.[...]
And you can judge that from... all the six (?) we've seen, of which 2 were stated to be scientist and at least one government official, in addition to two ships and the fact that they 'napped the Voyager and were willing to destroy the Ship and "imprison" the crew?

I admire your enthusiasm... but your conclusion is based on incomplete data...
They could be very militaristic for all we know, they simply didn't show it because the humans and the Voyager were so horrifically inferior.

It would be like saying that Humanity is not militaristic judged on how we do not whip out a machinegun to get rid of a mosquito...
Selor Andaram Ephelion Kiith
Captain
# 48
10-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Not sure how this is childish at all, I'm 22 and I think this is bloody awesome.
32 year old here. You're damned right it's awesome.

Helpful Tools: Dictionary.com - Logical fallacies - Random generator - Word generator - Color tool - Extra Credits - List of common English language errors - Big booty tutorial - Also, follow me on Twitter!
Ensign
# 49
10-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Ah come on, lots of other sci-fi series have done dinosaurs in space. Its kind of like a requirement for every sci-fi thing now. Starwars has them, and Dr Who has them too. Why not Star Trek?

Also for the reason why they havent evolved, well maybe they did! do you know what actual dinosaurs looked like back then? No one does! Apparently according to scientist now they had feathers, so who knows? Maybe these ones evolved to not have feathers. So then they DID evolved!

You enjoy things more when you aproach them with an open mind, if you want something to remain static just as it was, it will just become unfun eventually. things gotta evolve, so long as they dont end up being enterprice. That was just awful.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedoctorbluebox View Post
Why am I getting a "Mass Effect" vibe from those screenshots (costumes)
I dunno about the costumes, but I'm getting a strong Exo Squad feel from the mech suits. Which is good.

As for the T-Rex... I can't stop giggling long enough to collect my thoughts. This is going to be tons of fun. Guess I'd better add some Chrono Trigger to my combat playlist.
---
Relax.