Captain
I am very very disapointed to find out that my first foundry mission remains in red text after months of work and 22 plays 9 of which were rated at five stars. When I do a custom search the mission only shows up under the criteria of "any to 20 minutes". The mission takes at least 45 minutes to complete. The author named Zorbane had a mission that was broken in the same way and did not qualify after many many plays. I put hours and hours of work into the mission building custom sets and npcs, I was hoping submit it for a spotlight. Please Cryptic is there anything you can do?
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 10-11-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I think Zorbane got around this by duplicating his mission and then republishing. You lose the plays you've already got but you may miss the bug occurring again.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
10-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Under investigation.
Captain
# 4
10-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
Under investigation.
Thank you please help. I am not Zorbane I dont get missions posted on Startrek.com I had to work to get those plays.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
10-11-2013, 07:35 PM
From what I've been able to find out so far, my best advice for you is to get more people to play your mission. I'm going to keep looking into this to make sure I'm understanding all the technical stuff, but right now it looks like you just need to keep advertising.
Career Officer
# 6
10-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Even I had to republish my mission, the original is up to 84 reviews and didn't qualify. Both lincolninspace and my problem is that the missions' average length is below the threshold for qualification (you can see this when doing a custom search).

One thing I suspect is that author playthroughs are messing the average time up as we usually go through it really quickly to test specific things that are hard to replicate in the preview. <Pushingownagenda>If the author's paly time could be excluded from the avg play time calculation it could solve this problem</Pushingownagenda>

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 7
10-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
I suspect is that author playthroughs are messing the average time up as we usually go through it really quickly to test specific things that are hard to replicate in the preview.
I was careful not to do this. I did goof around a lot with costume import, the mission has other bugs in it that I had to work around. I really hope I don't have to republish like you did. This is my first mission so I don't have enough of a "fan base" yet and I really wanted to move on to other projects.

Captain
# 8
10-12-2013, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
Even I had to republish my mission, the original is up to 84 reviews and didn't qualify. Both lincolninspace and my problem is that the missions' average length is below the threshold for qualification (you can see this when doing a custom search).

One thing I suspect is that author playthroughs are messing the average time up as we usually go through it really quickly to test specific things that are hard to replicate in the preview. <Pushingownagenda>If the author's paly time could be excluded from the avg play time calculation it could solve this problem</Pushingownagenda>
Thanks for your support.

Captain
# 9
10-12-2013, 08:50 PM
I don't know what you did Mr. Frost but I just checked and A time to search now qualifies for standard rewards! Thank you and have a great weekend.

Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
10-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
I don't know what you did Mr. Frost but I just checked and A time to search now qualifies for standard rewards! Thank you and have a great weekend.
I did nothing. You just needed a few more plays to put the mission into qualification range and you got them.