Republic Veteran
# 11
10-11-2013, 05:40 PM
I love the new tutorial so far, however, the issue is primarily the Vega Colony stuff. I can't get past the first part of the mission on the ground. I get Beam Up, and I can't do that.
Career Officer
# 12
10-11-2013, 05:55 PM
The new tutorial (or rather, what I've thusfar seen of it) is great. I got as far as beaming down to Vega before it bugged out. "Beam to Ship," my mission log told me right as I spawned. Got stuck. Got stuck again after remaking the character because the Klingons wouldn't spawn after you left the transporter room. Would love to see the rest of this.
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
10-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Ran into a show stopping bug on 2 runs

First attempt: Male Joined trill engineer

Got stopped after the mission would not progress While repelling Klingon Invaders, after blowing up the EPS conduit and rerouted the plasma. It said i had killed 71% of the Klingons although there were no klingons left in the map

Second Attempt: Male Human Engineer

Stopped same map, but instead i got trapped in the transporter room and the doors allowing me to proceed further wouldn't open. Klingons killed according to the mission tracker: 57%.

My rough hypothesis is that the NPCs killed klingons in both cases, and because of that it didn't count in the mission tracker, and didn't advance the mission.
"Wesley - He wants the Impossible
Geordi - That's the short definition of Captain" - and the STO Forums
Empire Veteran
# 14
10-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by androphoros View Post
Ran into a show stopping bug on 2 runs

First attempt: Male Joined trill engineer

Got stopped after the mission would not progress While repelling Klingon Invaders, after blowing up the EPS conduit and rerouted the plasma. It said i had killed 71% of the Klingons although there were no klingons left in the map

Second Attempt: Male Human Engineer

Stopped same map, but instead i got trapped in the transporter room and the doors allowing me to proceed further wouldn't open. Klingons killed according to the mission tracker: 57%.

My rough hypothesis is that the NPCs killed klingons in both cases, and because of that it didn't count in the mission tracker, and didn't advance the mission.

same here, human tac
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
10-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodecker View Post
malcaine2: Did you claim any C-Store boffs? You need to be given a Boff before you can leave the map, if you already have a full roster, you can't get them and you can't leave. (Or it might be something else, will investigate).
Nope, didn't claim any C-store Boffs.
Career Officer
# 16
10-11-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagerfan9751 View Post
Seem to have run into this as well, but on a Tactical Officer.

at first I got stuck after blowing up the EPS Conduit and rerouting the plasma flow (farktoid was on hand for that one, mentioned he had run into it as well).

Somehow that one ended up starting up again and I could continue up to getting back to the bridge. Noticed two people (one looked like it might have been Taggert) beam out, but as I got onto the bridge, Nothing happened and I couldn't continue.

Also, I noticed some of the "Doors" aren't really rendering well. Not sure if that is the "test" aspect or not. but I had one area where I was suppose to breach the door, and if I didn't pay close attention, I would have walked right through the door I was suppose to "breach"
I had each of these as well, on a Tac char. Had 71% of the "repel boarders" mission complete, and no more Klingons. Saw the optional objective to shoot the EPS manifold, so I did that, but it didn't do anything at all, just blew up and disappeared. I switched chars a few times, and eventually I think the Klingons in the Transporter room respawned, so I could complete that part.

I then did the next phase, and the door I was supposed to breach didn't render, then when I went back and blew it up, I was sent back to the first area, with the NPC's in their starting positions, and running through their animations, but no Klingons anymore. I took the turbo lift back to the weapons bay, and did the "boost weapons" objectives at the consoles, then got a message from Taggart to come to the bridge.

Went to the bridge, watched a short animation of Taggart and a Klingon argue then beam out (klingon transport animation for both), and then had the objective to defeat boarders, but there were none. No NPCs at all on the bridge, no interact consoles, couldn't go back to the previous areas, and they never seemed to respawn.

That said, I honestly really like the tutorial the new interior is gorgeous, I like that you start in an Academy uniform, and I especially like the dialogue options that seem to be there just to define your character. I'm sure some people will feel like it's a lot of useless extra clicking, but I appreciate things like being able to talk to the other cadets, or choose several dialogue options without necessarily changing the mission flow.
Lieutenant
# 17
10-11-2013, 07:02 PM
I am also Stuck on the Bridge, after Captain Taggert Beams out with the Klingon.

Human Engineer.

Ausmonauts Chief of Staff
Starfleet Veteran
# 18 Stuck on the Bridge
10-11-2013, 07:07 PM
Stuck on the Bridge too. Liberated Borg Human Engineer.

Mission - Training Cruise
After cut scene with Taggert and Klingon I have "Defeat the Klingon Boarders" but nothing to do and no Klingons to kill .. I mean defeat.

BTW - HECK of a great job thus far.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Lieutenant
# 19
10-11-2013, 07:16 PM
This definitely more of the epic intro to Starfleet then the original tutorial. It brings in that epic moment of flying up to your ship in drydock in a shuttle craft. It be nice if we were able to repeat taht sequence with our current ships.

Also is this a sign of a possible interior upgrade for our starships?
Career Officer
# 20
10-11-2013, 07:21 PM
Tried it with a tactical officer.

Minor quibble: when taking the shuttle to my ship from the Academy, the stars streak by. We're not going that fast, people.

On the ship, I head down to the transporter area to zap Klingons. I run out of Klingons. I log out and log back in again, and the last few Klingons show up, allowing me to finish the objective.

When I head back up to the bridge, I see the captain beaming out with a Klingon. I need to take out the Klingons... somewhere... but there aren't any. I try the logging out trick several times, but I don't get any Klingons. I'm stuck.