Career Officer
# 21
10-11-2013, 07:28 PM
Love it so far...

Using a Vulcan Science Female.

One little quibble, it would be lovely to be able to earn the Accolade for reading all the Memorials around the quad while still a cadet.

Also be a neat way for first timers to learn about the Accolade system.

A second quibble...

Why do I talk to the Shuttle Pilot when leaving the academy, but then I'm the one sitting in the front of the shuttle with Flores while traveling to ESD?

Quibble 3 & 4: Aren't the shuttle bay and the Bridge just a wee-bit too BIG for a Miranda class vessel??
Would have loved to have seen a split shuttlebay instead of one Gigantic one.
I do LUV the new bridge though.

Another thought: Will we be able see a Constitution Class Ship if we have purchased that as our starting ship?

BUG: My toon disappeared while riding in the turbolift after the Klingons beamed aboard.

BUG: Also had Klingon trouble in transporter room. Was able to get to 71% but then had to log out and back in to get more to show up.

BUG: All the ship background sounds disappeared when I entered the turbolift to the Engineering deck and hallway, but came back in the Shield Control Room.
Also, there's a very strange shadow effect that comes and goes as one runs along that corridor.

BUG: Add me to the list of folks stuck on the bridge when the Captain beams out. I think I might have left one Klingon alive in the transporter room, but couldn't see it. It was in the wall to the right, when facing the transporter pad.
EDIT: Apparently I didn't... the progress log says I've achieved 100% on that requirement.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-11-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 22
10-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I too am getting stuck on the bridge after the captain beam out with a klingon.

The other thing I noticed is the first time I entered the bridge it was extremly hard at least for me to see as much of the bridge was white as though it was too bright. I remember joking that there was more lens flare then on a J.J. Abrams film. Haven't seen that mentioned so it might have just happened for me but once the ship was at red alert later I could see well.
Captain
# 23
10-11-2013, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbaker View Post
I too am getting stuck on the bridge after the captain beam out with a klingon.

The other thing I noticed is the first time I entered the bridge it was extremly hard at least for me to see as much of the bridge was white as though it was too bright. I remember joking that there was more lens flare then on a J.J. Abrams film. Haven't seen that mentioned so it might have just happened for me but once the ship was at red alert later I could see well.
actually I notice that some of the places in the bridge and turbolift seem a little too white/bright as well, but though in light of the disappearing klingons bug it wasn't worth mentioning. Thought it might have just been me who thought it was a little too white.

but I have to agree the tutorial is looking great so far. And I do love the bridge. Please tell me it is a new default bridge. Our current default bridge is a little underwhelming.
Career Officer
# 24
10-11-2013, 09:53 PM
One thing I have noticed, that I have not yet seen in this thread. The lighting on the bridge is uber bright, as if there are lens flares occuring from many of the consoles on the bridge. It is a annoying and reminds me of the lighting from JJ's Star Trek and Into Darkness, hate it hate it.
Career Officer
# 25
10-11-2013, 10:13 PM
I too had the JJ lens flare upon entering the bridge the first time. After seeing the Captain get beamed out, I killed a few Klingons but no wounded bridge crew to tend to. The mission is /stuck at this point.
Here is a screenshot.
Career Officer
# 26
10-11-2013, 10:17 PM
OK...
I closed the game and waited a little while before logging back in...

Upon returning to the bridge the mission had apparently reset itself.

I was able to fight the Klingons on the bridge and heal the bridge NPCs and complete that part of the mission.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.

Last edited by daveyny; 10-11-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
10-11-2013, 10:22 PM
No borg on Vega to kill and no colonists to rescue...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
10-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Well, I got to Vega but there's no Borg to defeat, and no colonists to rescue. Are we going to get better music cues, like the Romulan tutorial does at some point? It doesn't have to be new music, but a lot of the time it had this really "empty" feeling when playing through it so far.

Incidentally, Pollux and Vega are meant to be near the Jouret system, which unfortunately would now place those two star systems somewhere over in the Regulus sector block, between the Veela and Celes star systems.

Is it possible to have the events unfold in Regulus instead? It might make more sense, especially since we later find out that Stafleet have built a Borg early warning station in the Jouret system during the Romulan patrol dailies at Vice Admiral rank, the proximity of Jouret to the location of the attack on Vega could be good reason for this later fact.

Also, this is personal preference, but couldn't the Renown be a Venture-class starship and the Khitomer a Regent-class? It'd be nice to showcase your more "recent" 2409 Starfleet ships for a change.

EDIT: One other thing; I know we're getting the new bridge for our captains eventually, but will we also get the new Enterprise-E-like corridors seen in the tutorial as well?
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 10-12-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Career Officer
# 29
10-11-2013, 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosov78 View Post
Well, I got to Vega but there's no Borg to defeat, and no colonists to rescue.
I got stuck there, too. I played a Joined Male Trill Science Officer. You can't beam back to the ship or drop the mission. You can't logout and login again to get back into space. Instead, you're put right back on Vega when you login. Your toon is permanently stuck there.
Commander
# 30
10-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Problems found so far:

- New doors are too large (clipping at Starfleet Academy, Taggart's office)
- Lighting is dark on the bridge (side consoles)
- Huge doors on bridge (same issue as new office at Starfleet Academy)
- Same huge doors in the new corridor system

Couldn't progress much further. Mission bugged out after I saved the guy in the transporter room.

The new bridge is actually acceptable, thou highly inappropriate given that you are flying a Miranda Class at this point in the tuturial. A more appropriate "default" bridge would be similar to the Prometheus-style bridges, which in turn were based on the Wrath of Khan Constitution/Miranda-style. For the tutorial, i'd suggest replacing the bridge with one of the Prometheus variants, and making this new bridge available post-season 8.

My main gripe about the new bridge, is the size of the doors as well as the distance from Captain's Chair to the viewscreen. Furthermore, the doors are labeled as "Deck F" which is incorrect. The bridge is always on Deck A (or Deck 1).