Survivor of Romulus
# 71
10-12-2013, 12:42 PM
Engineer Liberated Borg. Unable to beam up from Vega colony. Show stopper, as you cannot do anything after that point....

All in all very impressed with the new tutorial. Definitely has a more Starfleet feel too it.

As others have mentioned, inconsistencies with maps to do with doors not fitting in, and too big consoles dotted around.

Fed: Eng (Five) Sci (Maelrock) Tac (Shen) Rom/KDF: Sci (Mervek)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Starfleet Veteran
# 72
10-12-2013, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stodecker View Post
Hey everyone,

Fantastic feedback so far. It's given me a good idea where to track down the bugs and get everything working smoothly on our end.

A few people have asked for tweaks to the story. I will go over some ideas with the leads and see if there is any wiggle room. No promises though, we might be story locked at this point.

We have the time to fix the graphical issues with the environments (the bloom on the bridge, doors clipping through walls, etc.), but wholesale 'change the bridge'-style feedback is simply beyond the scope of where we are at.

The cutscenes are still being worked on, animations being changed, and of course we can't get final timing until we get the voice files back from the audio department. That goes for some of the tooltips too.

If there are any tooltips you THINK should be in here, let me know ASAP, and also where you would put them. Keep in mind we can't throw a ton of game mechanics at the player in a row, or they'll never remember all of them. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks for your feedback,

STODecker
Does that include the LCARS too? Would it be possible within the time constraints to have the bridge (corridors, transporter room, ready room and engineering) use the same colour scheme as the LCARS (different shades of mauve and gold) that the Odyssey-class' Aquarius bridge does. Especially since both bridges fit the styling of the new interior corridors.

Oustside of that I'm also surprised that the much better scaled transporter pad area from the back of the Aquarius bridge also wasn't recycled here.
---------------------------------------------------
U.S.S. Endeavour NCC-91771 - Nebula-class
Commanding Officer: Captain Pyotr Ramonovich Amosov
Dedication Plaque: "Leave nothing unattempted" - James Cook

Last edited by amosov78; 10-12-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 73
10-12-2013, 12:51 PM
The new tutorial is amazing, despite the bugs, but that's what Tribble is for right? lol

Bugs I've noticed:
-Door to armoury invisible
-get stuck in trasporter room. - had to exit game and relog
- not enough Klinks spawn - again had to exit game and relog
- for Tactical, when you breach the door, there is no door there, but the objective is there.
- get to bridge, and no klinks to take out - I've tried multiple instances, exiting the game and re-logging, nothing is working. Stuck on the bridge ( Klingons finally showed up)
-no wounded officers

Current Tutorial status: UNABLE TO BE COMPLETED

Last edited by dauntlessf05; 10-12-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 74
10-12-2013, 12:51 PM
I got past the 71% area (where I got stuck on my second attempt) and found a new bug in the Space Tutorial. After you destroy the Jamming Satellites, when the Negh'Var is supposed to decloak... it doesn't. Looks like I need to make yet ANOTHER test character...

I'll use this post as a master list of Sticking Points, in the order that I find them:
  1. Beaming Down to Vega - Objectives said "Beam to Ship" as soon as I spawned, couldn't progress.
  2. The infamous "71%" Bug.
  3. Non-Existant Negh'Var in Space Tutorial. (SOLVED - Log character out, wait about 5 minutes, go back in)
  4. Beaming Down to Vega again. Vega totally unpassable, not even a client restart will pass this bug.

EDIT: I waited at Character Select while I typed this originally, and when I logged the character back in, the Negh'Var decloaked as it should. Work-around found.

Current Tutorial status: UNABLE TO BE COMPLETED
CHARACTER GRID (@Lord-Ice):
___ |___ _ Fed ____| ____ _KDF __ ____| Rom
Tac_|_Thomas Hale_| __ __Illusion _____| Silence (K)
Eng | ___Antilles _ _| _ Mirror Rygobeth__| N'Vek (F)
Sci _| __ Rygobeth _| _Lukor Son of Q'Tar | Devala (F)

Last edited by icegavel; 10-12-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Found a Work-around
Empire Veteran
# 75
10-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Someone told me its so bugged its not even funny but the funny thing that happened is you go to get a prompt to open the door but its already open LOL
Career Officer
# 76
10-12-2013, 03:42 PM
Issues so far:

Not enough klingon spawns. Had to change maps to get more.
Stuck on bridge after klingons take taggert. Can't go any farther than that.

STO Member since August 2008

Last edited by trekkiemelissa; 10-12-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Career Officer
# 77
10-12-2013, 11:15 PM
This is admittedly minor, but it would be nice if the starting Academy uniform had rank pips.

The new ship interior and bridge look really, really great. I haven't had the bloom issues others have reported. Main engineering, being a clone of the existing engineering "set," looks noticeably worse by comparison.

During the cutscene with me in the turbolift contacting R'raak, R'raak was stuck in the floor at the transporter console.

During the Klingon attack, I had multiple issues with having no Klingons to fight. It's nice to see that they respawn eventually, but this is something that desperately needs a fix. Also, on one playthrough, the first group of Klingons didn't spawn at all, saving Cadet Rosark from his gruesome fate.

No Klingons ever spawned near the EPS conduit I can destroy, so I didn't get to test that feature. However, targeting the conduit is a nightmare. Even if I do lock on and use the sniper fire, the targeting beam points in a different direction. It's just like with the generators on Cure Ground.

Once again, after the captain gets kidnapped, there are no Klingons to fight on the bridge. I sat around for over 15 minutes but nobody spawned in, so I guess that's that.
Starfleet Veteran
# 78
10-13-2013, 01:17 AM
Just a minor thing. When I entered the shuttle departure lounge at SFA before heading to the ship for the first time I felt the bar was a bit out of place.

Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a bar being there, but that particular one has a huge great back to it that blocks the view out of those nice big windows. Now I may not be any sort of interior designer, but if I had a room with a nice big window with a fantastic view like that I wouldn't plunk a great big wall in the way of it.

Also the tutorial crashed for me when I beamed down to Vega colony. When I got back into game my objective was to beam up, but there was no way to do so. There was also nothing to do on the map except kill a single drone, loot armor, and loot a kit.
Career Officer
# 79
10-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Attempt 2:

In the shuttle-to-spacedock cutscene, I didn't notice it the first time, but why are there warp streaks when you see ESD? You need to have something like space dust than warp streaks.

Also again, ESD is in the wrong spot above the Earth, it needs to be over San Francisco. Also the lighting is irregular, given the positions of the Earth and Moon.

In the Shuttlebay (again doesn't feel like a Miranda), but looking in the background with the Spacedock frame, there is no lights. Should add some.

Like others..........Tutorial got stuck at the Klingon boarding party at 71%, after the Transporter room. End Tutorial Attempt 2.

No offense, but there is just too many bugs with this new Tutorial and I highly suggest delaying this until after Season 8 is released. And while the cutscenes are good, the story is still stale and uninformative as a Tutorial.
Commander
# 80
10-13-2013, 04:34 AM
1) The windows of Cpt. Taggart's office have to be transparent. Really looks goofy like it is now.

2) Most of the sliding doors are totally oversized and look out of place.

I would also like to point out to Yuzral's amazing review video:

http://youtu.be/0SzaVy6p6YY
STOWiki admin.

Last edited by kagasensei; 10-13-2013 at 04:55 AM.