Career Officer
Once again there is talk on a new Star trek series
http://io9.com/what-do-you-want-to-s...how-1444063674

of course the big question remains when and where could it be set?

i personally wouldn't mind a Excelsior series and George Takei has said he would agree to it in the past.
Captain
# 2
10-11-2013, 07:22 PM
There's been some discussion of the topic on this thread.

And I'd still love to see the adventures of the Meriwether Lewis - it doesn't even have to disregard the recent movies, just be set in a universe where Romulus is gone and Vulcan still exists. Perhaps one of the major crew members is a Romulan refugee...
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 3
10-11-2013, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
There's been some discussion of the topic on this thread.

And I'd still love to see the adventures of the Meriwether Lewis - it doesn't even have to disregard the recent movies, just be set in a universe where Romulus is gone and Vulcan still exists. Perhaps one of the major crew members is a Romulan refugee...
you do know romulans is still there is JJ universe just not the prime universe as it was nuked by his jj magic its vulcan that is gone in JJ universe vulcan is still there in the prime universe as to why we have it in game just saying if i miss understood your post my bad
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Career Officer
# 4
10-11-2013, 07:37 PM
Whatever ship they use, it needs a hangar bay.
Captain
# 5
10-11-2013, 07:39 PM
heres my thought for a new series

I like what STO has done with shon

so why not have a trek series based off the first andorian enterprise captain?
Captain
# 6
10-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
you do know romulans is still there is JJ universe just not the prime universe as it was nuked by his jj magic its vulcan that is gone in JJ universe vulcan is still there in the prime universe as to why we have it in game just saying if i miss understood your post my bad
Yes, you misunderstood. I wanted to set the adventures of the deep-space exploration vessel USS Meriwether Lewis in the Delta Quadrant, in the immediate wake of the retirement of the Founders of the Dominion to the Great Link. It would be set in the prime universe, thus Romulus gone and Vulcan there; for one thing, we avoid any possible canon conflicts with the new movies (which was the basic reason for splitting the new movies off into their own timeline in the first place).
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts
Career Officer
# 7
10-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Yes, you misunderstood. I wanted to set the adventures of the deep-space exploration vessel USS Meriwether Lewis in the Delta Quadrant, in the immediate wake of the retirement of the Founders of the Dominion to the Great Link. It would be set in the prime universe, thus Romulus gone and Vulcan there; for one thing, we avoid any possible canon conflicts with the new movies (which was the basic reason for splitting the new movies off into their own timeline in the first place).
as i said my bad because there are really some out here that think vulcan is gone in the PU
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
Captain
# 8
10-11-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorantomalak View Post
heres my thought for a new series

I like what STO has done with shon

so why not have a trek series based off the first andorian enterprise captain?
Or Bajoran captain. Or Benzite captain. Or one-quarter Romulan, one-quarter Karemma, half-Klingon.

Just, give us a more diverse crew with a nonhuman captain. The Federation is not just humans, and humans are far too overrepresented among Starfleet's officer corps.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer