Lieutenant
I had been playing the game earlier on Tuesday after the season 8 launch but before the night's maintenance, and The Breach was basically unplayable. The ship was flashing bright white, and pretty much everything else....torpedoes, plasma leaks, other players' ships, everything was square boxes. After the Breach, many other players and ships seemed to be missing textures (white shapes only) and any icons that I hadn't had in my inventory at the start of the combat, including the ones on my hotbar, all disappeared...this was a graphics issue, not an unbinding issue, the keys still worked and the tooltips still popped up on the empty space. Logging out to the title screen left it almost entirely bright white except for the barely visible version number at the top, and the username/password boxes appeared normally. After the night's maintenance I tried the Breach again and it worked fine. I switched characters and went to the Dyson sphere zone for a good hour or so, no problems. Then another log out, and the title screen is back to bright white, and back in game, the textures/icons are missing again. I never had any such issue before season 8 so it must be related to that.
Lieutenant
# 2
11-13-2013, 04:19 AM
Oh, some screenshots I forgot I took:

The Breach before evening's maintenance:

http://picpaste.com/9CDe1rkP.jpg

Another, on the inside this time:

http://picpaste.com/ghbUuLs7.jpg

And one more, missing textures on portraits in this one:

http://picpaste.com/CXvJThtZ.jpg

And here's a shot of a character screen after exiting the mission. Borders on windows also missing, along with a bunch of inventory icons, and of course the textures are obvious:

http://picpaste.com/86bNegDc.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 3
11-13-2013, 05:54 AM
Yep, I'm receiving similar issues.
Captain
# 4
11-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Confirm, same issue.

Additionally when this happens for me, every item icon in my inventory, and icon on my toolbars also vanish.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Lt. Commander
# 5
11-13-2013, 07:02 AM
Ditto. Mainly but not limited to: partial uniform textures; nearly all icon types (inventory/bank items, power tray, menu items, activated powers - grnd+space; doff headshots); NPC 'Hail' backdrops; HUD mini-map's map layer; login screen after onset in game; random scenery panels and misc pop-up window frames not showing, rendering them transparent.
To help consolidate and bring the scale of this to Cryptic's attention. These other recent threads seem to be on the very same topic:

+-+-+-+-+-+-+ UPDATE +-+-+-+-+-+-+

With an ever growing collection of affected users, I've had to split this list over t̶w̶o̶, t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶, f̶o̶u̶r̶, five additional posts. These can be found later within this thread or directly linked below.
A link to the affected graphics h/w specs (where stated) has also been added.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Standalone duplicate threads on S8 missing icons & textures
Part 1, Part 2 - 37 links

Missing icon & texture conversation strands, contained within other unrelated or S8 general error threads
(note: first relevant post only; need to read overall thread to find all additional respondents)
Part 1, Part 2 - 24 links

Possibly related missing icon & texture threads
Part 1 - 9 links

The individual reports in these lists, now span:
-- Graphics Hardware
------ NVIDIA & AMD/ATI chipsets, multiple models (integrated & discrete)
------ Intel HD graphics, multiple models (integrated)
------ low, mid-range & performance machines (PCs and Mac) and high-end gaming hardware setups (PCs)
-- O/S & Drivers
------ multiple Windows versions running natively on PCs (at least: XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8; with 32 & 64 bit editions)
------ multiple Windows versions running on Macs via bootcamp (at least: Vista, Win 7)
------ multiple OSX versions using the new Mac beta (at least: 10.7, 10.8, 10.9)
------ DX9, DX9Ex & DX11 drivers
-- Star Trek Online application
------ game setting: postprocessing set to on & off
------ game setting: anti aliasing enabled (various) & disabled (none)
------ game setting: ambient occlusion set to on & off
------ game setting: on demand patching set to on & off
------ game setting: underwater view set to on & off

In response to a request by tacofangs, the relevant graphics hardware specs (where stated) are summarised below. Note: An earlier post contained a shorter list of h/w, taken only from the related threads; before being moved & expanded upon with entries made here.
Part 1 (PCs & Windows), Part 2 (Mixed setups & Macs) - 80 unique configurations

It should be noted that despite their length, the entries on all of these lists are -solely- selected on the basis of reporting missing icons & textures, occurring over gameplay time. Be they left either: transparent, replaced with a white-out or single colour (usually a bright neon 'bloom') or a very low res alternative. Also swapping / strobing between two of the above.
No attempt has been made to collate additional post-S8 graphical issues such as: other artefacts; frame-rate/lag problems; general resolution settings; smearing/stuttering on game start; nor icon problems whose onset is consistently the result of a user initiated action (e.g. reports of consumable icons in the power tray, disappearing on activation).

Last edited by russellca; 04-07-2014 at 12:14 PM. Reason: updated link count
Ensign
# 6 Same Here
11-13-2013, 07:12 AM
Im Having the same issue. My icons at first disappeared from my hotbar and the colors and other stuff was boxes. So i didnt play again until today. I noticed there was a patch of about 250 mb when i logged on and my hotbar doesnt do that but the rest is the same. I have verified files and rebooted. Basically for me season 8 is unplayable.
Ensign
# 7 Also
11-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard45750 View Post
Im Having the same issue. My icons at first disappeared from my hotbar and the colors and other stuff was boxes. So i didnt play again until today. I noticed there was a patch of about 250 mb when i logged on and my hotbar doesnt do that but the rest is the same. I have verified files and rebooted. Basically for me season 8 is unplayable.
Im working off an nvidia geforce 210 with 1 gig of ddr3. If that helps any. And yes my screen looks like the other pics posted here. Thank you
Career Officer
# 8
11-13-2013, 07:28 AM
Same issue since Season 8 launched, textures don't seem to be loading correctly. But the problem doesn't start as soon as a log in, it's usually after I've changed to a few different maps. On ground characters skins, objects, inventory icons and scenery don't display and in space the ship skins along with weapon & shield FX are just blocks of colour, even the map won't display in some instances. I haven't changed anything graphics wise (in the options or on the actual computer).
Screen shot-

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y26...3-14-59-21.jpg

Also seem to get reeeeeally big slow downs when in a 'cloud' i.e. "Vent Plasma effect" or fighting the dreadnaught at the end of the Gorn Fleet action.

McCoy: In this galaxy, there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth-type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more, only one of each of us.
Captain
# 9
11-13-2013, 07:29 AM
same problem here

drivers are up to date as well
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Ensign
# 10
11-13-2013, 08:03 AM
Also true by me
- mostly problem happens, when i switch type of play couple or more times
(like - i go from ship combat to away team play and back)...