Lt. Commander
As the title suggests I have no option to choose Direct X 9,10,11, etc. under the trouble shooting section of the video tab. My fleetmates seem to have the option but I do not. When I check my actual Nvidia Control Panel I have Direct X 11. What should I do to get the option to become available for me in game? Any help would be much appreciated.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
10-18-2013, 10:48 AM
Open up your graphical option tab and take a screen print... lets have a butchers and see whats gone wrong.

Merry Christmas from all at Clan Hunters: www.clanhuntershq.com
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
10-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Ah... You're having a NVidia as well? Which one if I may ask? Same "problem" here.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lieutenant
# 4
10-18-2013, 01:07 PM
Strange, it's in the troubleshooting area of the video settings.

Last edited by squito; 10-18-2013 at 01:42 PM.
Career Officer
# 5
10-18-2013, 03:12 PM
Yeah, it's always been there. Officially DX11 mode is still "beta", so I assume its there so that people who just flip settings don't freak out when they change it to that and some of the textures in the game are messed up.
So, I am sitting alongside a Caitian Atrox Carrier at Earth Spacedock, and I think to myself "Man, that ship has a lot of windows".

Then it occurs to me that it makes a lot of sense, because cats love to sit in windows.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-18-2013, 05:48 PM
It's under troubleshooting. For me, it's listed under video cards in the drop down menu. I have 3 options:
-Auto
-my card (directx 3d 9)
-my card (directx 3d 11 beta)
Lt. Commander
# 7 I Appreciate the responses.
10-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Been busy with work. There is no option for it under trouble shooting for me. I will work on getting a screenshot to share though. thank you for the responses.

I wanted to play with the setting because i've played final fantasy 14, guild wars 2, star wars: the old republic, and age of wushu without any frame rate issues or lag outside of huge player versus player battles with 50 players or better on either side. Star Trek Online is the only game I can log into and it takes forever to load into the game and then when I'm in my character skips sometimes on earth space dock or in pve.

I only wanted to see if maybe i could bring it down to Direct X 10 or 9 to trouble shoot the problem. Thats all.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Gotcha covered on the screenshot of the setting:
http://imageshack.com/a/img268/2447/jl56.png