Captain
# 1 Nukara Particle Converter
10-13-2013, 04:22 PM
What is better for a Scimitar beam boat with Romulan Reputation Beam Arrays?

The Nukara Particle Converter or a MK XII Embassy Science Emitter Array [-Th] [PLA]?
I currently run my Scimi with two of the Emitter Arrays and thought about switching one of them with the Nukara Particle Converter.

Opinions?
Captain
# 2
10-13-2013, 05:00 PM
PvP the acc will help.

PvE...I'll leave it to the Math Magician (VD) to come in and work out if the acc overflow is worth switching out for the +20-40 damage to all beams. My thinking would be it's better to have the embassy console.

If you had a leech switching to flow cap consoles would increase the buff to power systems which could help increase your weapons over cap minimising the drain and thus the reduction in damage. Though I would ask Lordhavelock about that as he was testing it.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Career Officer
# 3
10-14-2013, 04:29 AM
dual emitter arrays is kinda overkill...swap to a flow cap like metioned, or stick in the nukara console. I'll always take 10% more acc over 10% more damage. acc overflow also increases both crit hit and crit damage, helping more in PvE, and simply landing more hits in PvP.
Captain
# 4
10-14-2013, 05:24 AM
It doesn't take a math magician to tell you that 10% ACC to all beams is better than a measly 9.6% boost to BASE damage

Contrary to popular belief ACC is needed even in pve and ACC overflow means more crit more crit means more damage
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----