Lieutenant
Just throwing it out there. It seemed like the big hang-up for the KDF ones not getting it was that the Fed ones weren't. That bled over into the Rom versions. Maybe I misunderstood that, but I'm basing my request off the premise that the reason none of the kids got one is because the Feds couldn't have it.

Why couldn't the Feds have it? Because of a treaty with a defunct government that they are all but at war with since they allied with their rebellion. Now I know people will argue that the Defiant was the only one allowed to have a cloak, and that was with Romulan approval. So I guess we just leave it there....

Oh... wait... the Galaxy X got it too? Well, I guess that's because it had a cloak in the show and came from an alternate timeline that never ended up happening (cause Deanna wrecked the damn ship ). Ok, lets make that one exception because it was in the show, but other than that, sticking to cannon! Absolutely no Fed ships with cloak, we've got this treaty and...

Oh... wait... the peace making Feds are at war with everyone? They need to build a l33t uber ship to fight everything? What would help with our sales... err... defense of the Federation? A ship that can cloak! But... but... the treaty! Naw, it's cool. We just REALLY REALLY want to use a cloak now.

So, then you have the temporal ships from hundreds of years in the future when the FED/RRW/KDF are one big happy family. I suppose you could argue that since no ones at war, cloaks are no longer needed. My counterpoint is that the temporal ships seem to get used in game to observe and correct timelines. I imagine they want to do that with minimal changes occurring just due to their presence. And you know what would aid them being able to hide their presence?

...Just saying...
I am Elachi! All other sentient lifeforms must bow before Elachi! Yo soy Elachi! For those of you who don't "habla Iconoa", Elachi is Iconian for.. The Achi!
Career Officer
# 2
10-13-2013, 01:29 PM
its must be that time of the month for the ppl around here lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbreprime View Post
(cause Deanna wrecked the damn ship )..
try warp core explosion shockwave...........
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.

Last edited by daan2006; 10-13-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Rihannsu
# 3
10-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Do you want KDF and Roms to be able to cloak their Galors too? Or their various Jem'Hadar ships? Or their Tholian ships?
# 4
10-13-2013, 01:42 PM
@ fbreprime

I tried that a few days ago. Expect to have tons of **** thrown your way and being bombarded with made-up technobabble that has absolutely nothing to do with Star Trek.

Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
Do you want KDF and Roms to be able to cloak their Galors too? Or their various Jem'Hadar ships? Or their Tholian ships?
If we are talking about a standard cloaking device console like the one the Galaxy-X and the T5 Defiant get, yes. That's what would make the most sense.
FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
Lieutenant
# 5
10-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
If it makes sense on them, why not? I was just making the point that two out of the three factions' temporal ships should have had cloaks, but weren't given them because of a rule that is only followed when it's convenient. I wasn't trying to throw my hands in the air and say, "OMG CAN I HAZ KLOAKZ NOW?!?!?!?". But sure, if we want to start getting into that, lets go there.

They have three different kinds of cloak in this game: built in battle cloak, built in lame cloak, and not built in needs a console slot lame cloak. I'm not advocating battle cloak, since it can actually be useful. I'll even take the built in option off the table. If someone spends money on a ship to get the console, and actually wants to use a slot on it, why not? Please keep in mind, I don't have either of the ships that come with it, and I don't know if I would necessarily tie up a console slot with something that is more useful for RP purposes than actual functionality.

I'm just asking what the excuse is at this point? Did they even address how/why the Avenger has a cloak?
I am Elachi! All other sentient lifeforms must bow before Elachi! Yo soy Elachi! For those of you who don't "habla Iconoa", Elachi is Iconian for.. The Achi!

Last edited by fbreprime; 10-13-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Lieutenant
# 6
10-13-2013, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
its must be that time of the month for the ppl around here lmao

try warp core explosion shockwave...........
First time she gets to drive it man. Wesley never put the ship in the ground *ducks for cover*
Career Officer
# 7
10-13-2013, 01:50 PM
dont they give a story to why there is no cloak on any of these ships?? and before any one say its just a story i could say the same for for the NX-01 story for it being in the game
swimwear off risa not fixed
system Lord Baal is dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
It's not their fault you feel trolled by the new ability to be immune to your disco ball, sorry'boutit.
Lieutenant
# 8
10-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daan2006 View Post
dont they give a story to why there is no cloak on any of these ships?? and before any one say its just a story i could say the same for for the NX-01 story for it being in the game
They went into some bit about all the tech being striped out by the Tholians, except that the ships are still flyable and have all the temporal weapons and consoles that we can put on them. But those crafty Tholians, they managed to strip all of the tech except for most of it. Since I or the Ferengi who sold it to me went to the trouble of stealing it from the Tholians, we couldn't pick up the ONE last box on the table on the way out the airlock?

Dang Ferengi and their short arms!
Republic Veteran
# 9
10-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbreprime View Post
First time she gets to drive it man. Wesley never put the ship in the ground *ducks for cover*
Once again...warp core breach which cause a shockwave which sent it careening towards the planet...would of happened if a first year cadet, Data, or even Picard himself was at the helm.

Secondly the Temporal ships were stripped and were re purposed with standard equipment, I would think if Ferengi had mass amounts of cloaking devices they would sell them for profit rather than go the extra mile...
Career Officer
# 10
10-13-2013, 03:27 PM
Logically, all six of the Temporal vessels should be able to cloak, else they make little sense.

I have a hard time believing that in the future, two of the three factions gave up their cloaking ability and that the Romulans decided that continued use of the more advanced Singularity Cores was a stupid idea.

Don't forget, they made the decision to dump all that technology in both this universe AND the mirror universe.