Lieutenant
# 1 Default uniforms
02-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Is there any way of changing the default uniform for my crew? I don't want to see my bridge crew wearing my specially chosen uniform but the rest of the crew wandering around the ship in the ESD standard clothes. This is my ship, dammit, I should be able to dictate uniform.

And if there isn't a way to do this then I suggest it is time there was.
Empire Veteran
# 2
02-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Are you referring to your Boffs, or to the random bridge denizens?

Your Boffs can be modified in the tailor.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
i agree there be an option where your ships crew wore the same uniform as your bridge officers. to me its the little things that matter. and its about time they are sorted out,
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
02-07-2014, 04:49 PM
Asked for ever since ship interiors came out. Doff system was originally envisioned as including a ship-wide uniform, but evolved into the current trading card/assassins creed mini-missions system instead.

Your idea has merit, and it will continue to have merit until it happens. Dictating what uniform your NPC crew wears is important to many players, otherwise these threads would stop appearing on a regular basis.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
02-07-2014, 05:26 PM
This would be nice but I can see why such a feature hasn't been added yet. It really balloons when you consider the possibility of defining different uniforms based on gender, division, race, etc. Pair that with the fact that they're not even really willing to update old interiors/bridges, and I just don't see it happening.

I'd love to be proven wrong, though.
Career Officer
# 6
02-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbrethren View Post
This would be nice but I can see why such a feature hasn't been added yet. It really balloons when you consider the possibility of defining different uniforms based on gender, division, race, etc. Pair that with the fact that they're not even really willing to update old interiors/bridges, and I just don't see it happening.

Yup. There are 3-6 divisional variations that players would want, with male/female versions of each. It'd be a huge job.

I still hope we see it some day.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
02-07-2014, 06:08 PM
So far some interiors have different uniforms. The Constitution interior has TOS uniforms.
Quote:
D'kyr for Romulans! Fight for reunification, fight for a bridge to unite our peoples! Fight so that every Federation Romulan can pay 2000 Zen and earn a D'kyr Science Vessel!

D'kyr for Romulans!!
Lieutenant
# 8
02-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonsbrethren View Post

I wasn't thinking of going quite that far! But there are a lot of standardised uniform layouts already defined in the character creator. It should at least be possible to pick one of those as the default for your crew. How much extra coding would that need?
Career Officer
# 9
02-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askatus View Post
I wasn't thinking of going quite that far! But there are a lot of standardised uniform layouts already defined in the character creator. It should at least be possible to pick one of those as the default for your crew. How much extra coding would that need?
I don't know how much coding it would need, but the bigger issue might be how much raw data custom crew uniforms for each and every player would consume. That would likely add up pretty quickly.

Like I said, I think at a minimum, Cryptic would have to supply six different costume slots per player to provide a crew uniform comparable to the TV shows:
  • Tactical/Security (or Command if you prefer) - male and female
  • Engineering/Operations - male and female
  • Science/Medical - male and female

Implementation of anything less than this would probably lead to a pretty big outcry, and even with these six options, there would be a lot of people upset about not being able to give medical officers different uniforms from science officers, or make their Orions dress differently than their Klingons.
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Captain
# 10
02-08-2014, 05:49 PM
The easiest would be to limit the selection even more...... pre-assigned standard colors that you cannoy change and a drop down of one of the standard faction uniforms. Color variation with FED crew would simply be automatically determiend based upon the generated type of crew (ops,eng/sci,med/tac,sec)
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)