# 31
10-15-2013, 07:29 AM
Captain
# 32
10-15-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by assimilatedktar View Post
Tuvix. Why choose?
Marooned with a transporter malfunction? Priceless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Comm. Pion
What should I wish upon the endless universe;
To be able to smile and forgive everything;
That's right, if we light up the dream in our hearts without averting our eyes;
We should be able to walk whatever tomorrow comes...

I am V. Adm. Kha Yuung, and I approve of this message.
Career Officer
# 33
10-15-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
There is one thing. You are all saying Tuvok would be better for survival. Yes, he would.

But the scenario presented in this thread had no need for such skills. It's an island with plenty of food, plenty of water, plenty of shelter and no danger. Those skills are simply not required. The question is asking who would you prefer to spend a few days with for company, with no option of leaving them?
Based on Basics (and every other appearance of Neelix), he would cause such a scenario, despite no earlier survival problem.
Captain
# 34
10-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
There is one thing. You are all saying Tuvok would be better for survival. Yes, he would.

But the scenario presented in this thread had no need for such skills. It's an island with plenty of food, plenty of water, plenty of shelter and no danger. Those skills are simply not required. The question is asking who would you prefer to spend a few days with for company, with no option of leaving them?
Even assuming nothing would go wrong, I would still prefer Tuvok's company. He would also be better help if things were to go south for any reason
Republic Veteran
# 35
10-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Neelix.. I would enjoy torturing him till help arrived, rip out his vocal cords so he couldn't talk and annoy anyone...then leave him on the planet where no one could find him.
The Only good Iconian is a DEAD Iconian

Would you like to know more?
Captain
# 36
10-15-2013, 09:36 AM
I can't understand why the choice is limited to Neelix or Tuvok. I never really liked either of them and I watch Voyager all of the time thanks to netflix.

It is a tough decision but I would rather be stranded with Neelix because at least he laughs and tells jokes. Vulcans find laughter Illogical and jokes they can't grasp the concept due to their suppressed emotions.
Captain
# 37
10-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Neelix.. I would enjoy torturing him till help arrived, rip out his vocal cords so he couldn't talk and annoy anyone...then leave him on the planet where no one could find him.
How about sew his lips shut like Q JR did.

LOL
Captain
# 38
10-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azniadeet View Post
Survival will be no issue.
The only issues you will have will be boredom and company.

You have your choice of two companions from the Voyager crew: Tuvok or Neelix.

Choose and post your reasons why.
Well, I suppose it depends on how close to pon farr a certain "company" is. That would definitely be a not so boring issue and probably not one anyone would survive. He's not issued a lirpa is he?
Career Officer
# 39
10-15-2013, 08:23 PM
I wouldn't want to be stuck with Tuvok around pon farr time.
Commander
# 40
10-16-2013, 03:39 AM
Nelixx.

The reason is simple. If everything seems great, and there is no possibility of trouble, that is when that carnivorous tree symbiot, amphibious doomshark, heatseeking lightning, or timespace interdimensional mobile rift to Rura-pente will appear. And, as there are only the two of us, and this is obviously an episode of Voyager, I have to understand that the only other person on this island for this new arrival to interact with is a main character in the series.

So, since I have to accept that I am the lone unnamed character who has appeared this episode to be next to the main character when the crisis occurs this episode (i.e. redshirt), I know I'm the one who is going to be hit with whatever happens upon our happy retreat, and I'm the only one who is in danger of dying. Therefore, I want the character that gives me the best chance of getting me through the incident alive.

Tuvok might inspire the arrival to destroy/kill/torture me as a means to get an emotional response from the Vulcan, or just to add a noteworthy comment by Tuvok that 'Planets that appear perfect rarely are' when he returns to the ship alone. The death of a secondary person who he probably never met before stepping onto the shuttle, and won't ever meet again won't be cause for the Vulcan to bat an eyelash later on.

Nelixx, on the other hand, would probably have a hard time dealing with any kind of sudden death/screaming/final disappearance from right next to him, and develop serious mental issues that could impact the entire course of Voyager's mission. This means it would be much more likely anything that would happen to me would be temporary and not cause Nelixx to become evil-Kirk or chant about how many lights there are. Also, there is a very real possibility Nelixx could be the target of the incident to provide the lone unnamed crewman a point to be concerned with while Nelixx twitches/relives a notable backstory we never knew/becomes a Q.
"I am your leader, I am in command. The fate of all my followers lies in my hands. The burden of what is right or wrong, decisions have to be made. I have to take you all into this burning Gate." - Iron Savior, 'Never Say Die'.