Lt. Commander
# 1 Login Name = Display Name
01-28-2010, 02:38 PM
Hi I am hoping I can have this issue resolved, I saw on the forums to open a ticket with billing on this issue to have my account name modified so that it does not match my display name, and I did, over a week ago. Should I expect some sort of contact back on this or do I have to call in or what?

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the team! I opened one for the same reason about -gasp! - A WEEK AGO and got no answer so far. Lets us keep enduring.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-28-2010, 05:58 PM
I hope there are different department that handle support for billing and bugs for your sake because when I sent in a bug report that'd had over half a million to sort through.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-28-2010, 06:08 PM
I don't get why this is actually a problem tbh.

As it is it makes you the real "houndie".

Certainly not urgent.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-28-2010, 06:17 PM
There are been a few people that rushed through setting up there account and did not read the warning NOT to use your user name as your account name,as far as I have seen people have reported they had to telephone the billing/accounts to have it changed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 06:31 AM
I made my account back in 2008 before there was an option for display name etc. There was no rushing into it. As to why it is a problem, well it definately makes it easier for the hackers to know what account name to try when they go after accounts .. Thankfully I use a strong password but its not unbeatable these days..
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
There are been a few people that rushed through setting up there account and did not read the warning NOT to use your user name as your account name,as far as I have seen people have reported they had to telephone the billing/accounts to have it changed.
I never use the same login name for my display name, and when I first registered, there was no option to choose a different one.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngaio View Post
I never use the same login name for my display name, and when I first registered, there was no option to choose a different one.
As you quoted me in saying "a few",I know there was no option for this a couple of years ago but there have been quite "a few" people that did rush through without reading the warning,also like I said people have said they telephoned the accounts service and had it changed.