Captain
# 21
10-17-2013, 12:16 AM
I had a feeling that was what you were using, as soon as you used the word "vesala." The sections in particular that you are quoting are from an RPG sourcebook, as is the concept of "vesala." While it isn't canon, we never saw the Cardassians' version of the "Academy," so all any of us can do is conjecture.
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-17-2013, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I had a feeling that was what you were using, as soon as you used the word "vesala." The sections in particular that you are quoting are from an RPG sourcebook, as is the concept of "vesala." While it isn't canon, we never saw the Cardassians' version of the "Academy," so all any of us can do is conjecture.
And unfortunately the Cardassian species has never been built up in order to be Canon. The only two factions which can truly be Canon are the Feds and Klingons. Romulans are close, but there is still aspects that leave fans room for their own interpretation.

Cardassians appeared to be on the verge of power base considering they never got fleshed out. So, fans will have to build their own (If Cryptic intends to have a Cardassian, Dominion, or any other faction then they will have to break Canon to do it any justice).
Captain
# 23
10-17-2013, 09:48 AM
The Cardassians did appear in the show, so their existence is certainly canon. But they never got the depth of treatment that the Klingons did. (I do think they got treated better than the Romulans, though, as far as the amount of development they did receive.)
Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM me for more. :-)

Sig by gulberat. Avatar credit to balsavor.deviantart.com
Commander
# 24
10-17-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nador67 View Post
If you look at the Klingons and Cardassians, in many ways they are similar. Disciplined Warriors who live a harsh lifestyle. This is the initial form of building discipline (In my opinion just look at China, Korea, Japan, and Russia in their training; mess up and you get beat down). Cardassians are forced to succeed regardless of any obstacles (like lack of technology or resources). They are the ultimate duct tape military.

As for Foundry, as I've said I don't know if I can make this particular part into a Foundry mission. However, I'm working on "From the Ashes" series which loosely follows the Cryptic path to 2409 Cardassia.

And for violence, there will still be moments but for the most part the head mistress will gradually step back into the shadows of hell as the students begin to perform as Cardassian Officers.

I think you've done a good job with the storyline. Having seen the cardassian episodes in tng (chain of command 1&2) as well as the episode in ds9 where O'Brian got the stuffing beat out of him when they put him on trial, It shows that the Cardassian union is very efficient and brutal at what they do.

What I said was just in jest, I didn't mean to come of as offensive in any way.

sorry if it did.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-17-2013, 01:03 PM
The second day as class leader, everyone arrived where they were supposed to be on time and assembled. This was the eighth day we were at the academy and the first day of actually attending classes. First six hours were the general math, history, science, and discipline courses. The final six hours were filled with hand to hand combat, basics in weapons, land navigation, and drill. As the group began to work more as one entity the fewer beatings that took place.

Marritza returned from her memories back to the present. Sitting on her lounge chair in her quarters. She rose herself to her feet and walked over to her bar and poured a glass of Kanar. As she was about to step away, she paused and returned her eyes to the bottle of liquor then picking it up and returning to the chair. The assignment to explain the Cardassian way to a group of Starfleet officers was going to be difficult as it would appear to harsh for a culture of[ overindulgent and in-titled species. The humans were soft on their children resulting in very few that were strong enough to be considered Soldiers by Cardassian or even Klingon society. Murmuring to herself aloud What should I tell them? What exactly do these humans and that blasted Vulcan want to know? as she pondered. After a career of being trained to not volunteer information NOW the Detapa Council wants me to do exactly what I was trained not to do.

Marritza lay back on the lounge, kicking her feet up to be more comfortable. After taking a sip of Kanar, the old Warrior returned to her thoughts. Many years after those early days in the Academy to her first assignment on the Vandanok Nor station in the Arawath system.

Last edited by nador67; 10-18-2013 at 01:09 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-18-2013, 05:35 PM
2355 Arawath system; Vandanok Nor Science station

The docking bay was empty when the young Gil arrived, she began walking the corridors towards the main promenade. The walk areas were empty and confusing until I finally came across a maintenance worker Garresh, where is the entrance to the main corridor? the young officer demanded. The old wore down Cardassian looked up at me from his bent frame Why Gil, I've seen you walking around and you passed the door three times. I'll show you. the maintenance worker began walking until a sliding door opened up.

The main corridor had a variety of Cardassians, from combat forces of the 6th Order to scientists and intelligence officials. The section was full of shops, food eateries, lounges, and gambling. As the Arawath system is on the far side of the Federation/Cardassian border, strange alien cultures were more prevalent with only a limited group of Ferengi merchants filling the common area.

I found the main console placed in the center of the area and entered my Soldier Identification Code into the program. This would be the initial reporting for duty practice for new station assignments. Shortly after a female Glinn arrived I am Glinn Oranda Sky Tain, the first officer and head of planetary science. I will show you to your quarters before reporting in to the station commander.

I followed larger officer as she began a quick pace down one of the hall ways. I was expecting you in tomorrow's shipment with the other junior officers, why are you here so early? I pulled myself next to her I chose to use a civilian freighter to get here early, I wanted to be settled in rather than be just a number with the main group. Most of them would be combat oriented anyway. Glinn Oranda stopped for a moment staring at me with cold steel blue eyes I see, so you are prone to take initiative rather than wait for commands. We are a structured station here and commands are everything. We won't have problems will we? I pulled myself to attention We will not have problems, I have no issues receiving or obeying orders. Though I am a Cardassian Officer and will take command when necessary.

The Glinn began walking again for a few more steps then stepped to the side, typed in a code revealing a small living area. This is living area 37, it is in the Science section and far from the combat elements of the 6th Order. You are an officer, but you will remain outside of the 5th through 7th corridors as these are assigned to the Order. You are not a member of the Order, you belong to the Ministry of Science. There is a lift at the end of the hallway that will take you directly to the Sciences department. We are experimenting with an individual transporter system. You can type in coordinates and transport directly into the department. This is being tested for combat use for ground troops to speed up assaults. No one is willing to be the test subject, so the device is still not completed. I placed one on your cot if you're interested.

Last edited by nador67; 10-18-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-19-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm taking a two day break on story.

With my first day of college classes in 15 years; I'm a little stressed and not thinking of writing much.

Fear NOT because Cardassians ALWAYS finish what they start.