Lt. Commander
+++ the old thread was archived so I am re-pasting here.

I just thought I would throw this out there. I am thinking about starting a fleet called the Silent Echo Fleet. As the title suggests, I am interested in all deaf/ hard of hearing members to join.

The fleet would be extremely casual and would a means to help other Deaf/ hard of hearing members out in STO. We can't possibly take on the Klingons alone... we have to help each other out.

So, anyone interested? Just respond to this thread and I will add you.

Edit: Our fleet has decided that we want to include those who are interpreters, CODA (Children of Deaf adults), and those who are relatives of the Deaf/ Hard of hearing. Interpreters do not have to be certified lol. Keep in mind though, voice chat will not be an option when communicating with other members of the fleet. We will communicate through the team chat option in the text window.

Thanks
Admiral Joseph Rojo
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
This is another one of those shameless bumps....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:54 PM
Anymore Deaf/Hard of Hearing/CODA/etc want to join?
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-31-2010, 03:39 PM
Sorry guys, got booted as soon as we teamed up. Weird. We'll have to try again when we can. If the server is down for too long, i'll have to eat dinner with the wife I'll definitely be on around 9 CST if the server is back up.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-31-2010, 04:13 PM
I'm interested in this Fleet, I am 98% deaf with two starkey hearing aids. Please keep me in formed.

Thanks Airwen
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-31-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwen
I'm interested in this Fleet, I am 98% deaf with two starkey hearing aids. Please keep me in formed.

Thanks Airwen
Sure thing, i'll add you. You make number 5 so we can officially start the fleet
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-01-2010, 09:35 AM
We are now officially a fleet! Unfortunately, STO requires that at least five people be teamed up on the same map in the same instance in order to start a fleet. For other fleets, i'm sure that is not a problem, but for ours it was interesting... anyway, long story short, two random nice dudes decided to temporarily fill for us so we could start the fleet officially then add the other members who have responded to this forum in the past.

That means we have an official fleet with an official fleet costume (the appearance will be changed later. The costume is purely optional)

The two random nice dudes that helped us are Victor and Rejev. (I know I did not spell there names right) I have invited them to stay with our fleet due to their awesome willingness to help us start ours.

See you out there!

Admiral Joseph Rojo
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-01-2010, 01:26 PM
i think this is a great idea. best of luck to u guys!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobkill View Post
Sure thing, i'll add you. You make number 5 so we can officially start the fleet
I'll be on tonight as soon as the server is back up. Hopefully, the Queue will be small.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-01-2010, 02:31 PM
What a GREAT idea for a Fleet / community. I wish you guys all the best.

Not to put words and or thoughts into my Fleets leadership, but I think they would support you guys all the way. Use the link in my sig to goto our web site to see if you would like to get the process going to open diplomatic channels between us.