Lt. Commander
# 11
02-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Hey. I just finally checked STO forum for first time today and just saw this thread. I'm fully deaf person but I already started 1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet upon headstart launch and am leader of the fleet over 150 members and growing.. My CH is William@Nocifer_Deathblade.

But I could send my alt, liberated borg character: Nocifer over to your fleet but I won't be able to play him much due to lot of work into my fleet at the moment. I'm trekkie fan for 30 years heh. It's cool to see a Deaf/HH fleet is being built. I do have Deaf/HH guild in DDO, that I run, of 7 deafies banding together to do dungeon crawl every Tues night. I had been GL or GM of various MMOs over 15 years. Only one thing that starts to bother me lately is the introduction of ventro or team speak that makes my leadership rather difficult but I do delegate authority to some players to cover voice and inform me of any important issues. They weed out any wasteful information and supply me with useful information is quite time saver. My DDO guild is deaf/hh only so that bans the use of teamspeak and it is awesome experience. I'm sure your fleet is awesome experience and bans the use of teamspeak or voice.. I certainly would find your fleet quite satisfying with my character Nocifer once I get my fleet well structured and being run by several of my officers and get communication lines firmly in place first.. Worse thing they want to see is absentee leader.

Fleet Admiral William F. Wood
1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-02-2010, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocifer_Deathblade
Hey. I just finally checked STO forum for first time today and just saw this thread. I'm fully deaf person but I already started 1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet upon headstart launch and am leader of the fleet over 150 members and growing.. My CH is William@Nocifer_Deathblade.

But I could send my alt, liberated borg character: Nocifer over to your fleet but I won't be able to play him much due to lot of work into my fleet at the moment. I'm trekkie fan for 30 years heh. It's cool to see a Deaf/HH fleet is being built. I do have Deaf/HH guild in DDO, that I run, of 7 deafies banding together to do dungeon crawl every Tues night. I had been GL or GM of various MMOs over 15 years. Only one thing that starts to bother me lately is the introduction of ventro or team speak that makes my leadership rather difficult but I do delegate authority to some players to cover voice and inform me of any important issues. They weed out any wasteful information and supply me with useful information is quite time saver. My DDO guild is deaf/hh only so that bans the use of teamspeak and it is awesome experience. I'm sure your fleet is awesome experience and bans the use of teamspeak or voice.. I certainly would find your fleet quite satisfying with my character Nocifer once I get my fleet well structured and being run by several of my officers and get communication lines firmly in place first.. Worse thing they want to see is absentee leader.

Fleet Admiral William F. Wood

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet

Nice to hear from you , if your ever on you can join us and i'll add Nocifer to the fleet. Best of of luck to your fleet. Our fleet will be purely casual. As it grows, we willl see where it goes. If you look at our fleet info, you'll notice that one requirement is NOT to use voice chat .

Even if your playing your other character with 1st alpha fleet, don't hesitate to join us if you want. Like I said, wer'e very casual and very informal.

Fleet Admiral Joseph Rojo
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-03-2010, 02:13 PM
All, i'll try to get on sometime tonight. if not, then I won't be on until friday evening. I'm also trying to delay ranking up as long as possible so I can use my special liberated Borg BO that I ordered from Aamzon. My CE from amazon should be in this week, hopefully by friday or saturday.

Fleet Admiral Joseph Rojo
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2010, 04:26 PM
I have been absent in leading the Silent Echo Fleet the past week or so and now see that our members have opted to join other fleets. I am the lone person in this fleet now

Sorry guys, I wish I could have been more active with the fleet but I find that I enjoy the solo part of the game... a lot. The fleet will remain open in case any one wants to join me for missions, etc. Like I said, it will be purely casual... perhaps too casual for some people.

Have fun out there!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I also want to wish you guys best of luck, this is a really neat idea.