Lt. Commander
# 1 Midnight Squadron
01-29-2010, 10:00 AM
A letter from our Commander and Founder:

Greetings, everyone. My name is Capm, and I am the Founder of the Midnight Squadron. I would like to welcome all who are considering us for membership. I would like to give you a breif idea of who we are and what we are about, and then I'll get some more detailed information for those who wish to join us.

About 14 years ago, I founded a small, tight-knit team called the Midnight Squadron in a little-known game called Engage Games Descent Online - Beta. It was the dawn of the internet as we know it today, and the team was comprised of 15 of the best players in that beta, and much fun was had. Later, as we grew and developed, we eventually added other games to our ranks and in 1997 we were looking to add Tribes to our ranks, when I happened across a team called 57th Squadron, seeing that their values and goals were inline with ours, I opened a dialouge with their founder, Zahadoom. Long story short, we merged and became the 57th Midnight Squadron, and since then, we have continued to grow and expand, had many good times, some bad times, but our core values and the sense of family really do hold the team together and draw us closer. In more recent events, we have undone the merger and we wish the 57th Squadron well as they embark on their new journey.

Today, the Midnight Squadron is the oldest online gaming organization of our kind. Our team is based on core values such as Honor, Integrity, Loyalty, Respect, Maturity, and of course, having fun! We have a Hybrid Military-Style Command Structure that helps to maintain order but is very flexible and has been developed from the years of experience we have aquired.

For Star Trek Online, we will primarily be a Federation team, however we do also plan a Klingon based team sometime post-launch. We currently have many open slots to fill, including some leadership positions within the team. Leadership positions are not something I would recommend to the casual gamer. When you take a leadership position with Midnight Squadron, you will be taking on a responsibility and you will be expected to fulfill the requirements of your position. It takes a higher level of commitment than the average gamer. And if you don't want to be a leader, that is fine too, we have as many spots for team players as there can be.

Okay, if you want to apply for any of the open positions, you will first need to join us. When one joins the Midnight Squadron, you will go through a "Cadet Phase" which is basicly you getting to know us, and us getting to know you, to make sure you are the kind of person we want on our team, and to make sure we are the kind of team you are looking for. At any point during the Cadet phase, you can say, "hey, this ain't for me" and be done and gone, no hard feelings. After you have completed this and been promoted to a full member, then you may apply for any of the other positions that are open.

Now, we have a specific process for applicants to go through to join us. Its fairly simple, doesn't take alot of time. There are slight variations between the divisions (Divisions are teams for specific games within the MS), but the baseline is all the same:

Terms of Recruitment: Application Instructions
To be considered for recruitment you must fulfill the following requirements:
1) Sign up to the forums (www.midnightsquadron.com), and make a new post in the Recruits and Cadets Forum, and fill out the application listed in the above referenced thread.
2) Read the Midnight Squadron Code of Conduct before applying.
3) Download Xfire and Teamspeak as these are our primary cross-platform in game communication programs.
4) You must be at least 18 years of age (or 16, with Division CO's approval - and parental consent - We will not recruit kids but young adults are more then welcome. Recruits below age 16 will be evaluated individually.

After you have completed these steps you will be eligible for the apprenticeships process. Cadets of the Midnight Squadron are appointed, at the discretion of the Division Command. For the Star Trek Online Division, various members will assist you during your apprenticeship and help acclimate you to our facilities.
Also, We require all cadets to be able to communicate with the rest of the team using Teamspeak2 as our primary communications tool. Please download this software and install it on your systems.

Other General Information:
Clan name: Midnight Squadron
Clan tag:[MS]
Primary IRC - irc.gamesurge.net; #midnight-squadron
Primary Theater of Operation: North America (though we have many members from around the globe)

I know this was a long read, and for those who are still with me here at the bottom of this post, I want to thank you for your time and interest, and I hope you will consider joining us as we warp into the future and the great unknown. Thank you and God Bless.

---Capm