Lt. Commander
# 211
03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Hello there fleetmates!

Just wanted to remind you all that the Borg Invasion will be happening soon in our current forum RP. All four of our current, fully staffed starships will be facing off against a Borg cube. They won't be alone, they'll have the might of our home base, Starbase 10, lending its full firepower to the fight. It's the storm before the calm, as after this event, we'll be launching right into our next Fleet Mission, and the launch of our Stalwart Guardian, the Ambassador-class USS Artemis.

The proud and noble starship was once the pride of Starfleet along the Cardassian border. During the 2350s, she fought alongside the likes of the USS Stargazer, the USS Rutledge, and Admiral Paris' own starship in defense of our colonies during the Federation-Cardassian Wars. Long thought lost, she was rediscovered in the Orias Sector, hidden within the Obsidian Order shipyards of Orias III. The mighty starship has been repaired and refitted, and will set sail on a grand adventure once more, under the command of Lotus Fleet.

And there's more. Don't think for a moment that the USS Lotus, the USS McKenzie, the USS Spectre, and the USS Alsea will be sitting on the sidelines. No. While the Artemis is out shaking off her rust, the four heroic starships will be engaging in deeds worthy of song and glory. Each one will be making a difference.

Your actions will determine the fate of thousands of lives.

And yet, there's still more. What of those of you who don't have a ship to call home yet? Who haven't joined Lotus Fleet's proud RP tradition, who haven't even finished our engaging Academy? The answer is simple: a familiar but different shape lurks in Lotus Fleet's future, a starship being made ready for a new Captain, and with that new Captain, she'll need a new crew. We're not ready to unveil the details on it yet, and even if you've heard rumors, it's won't be what you're expecting.

So you see, the Invasion of the Borg is not the end. It's the beginning of a breathtaking new adventure for Lotus Fleet. And with that I bid you, my fellow bold and brave explorers, farewell. In the words of Q, "I'll see you - out there."
Lt. Commander
# 212
03-25-2010, 06:00 AM
Good morning everyone. I hope you all are looking forward to this mornings patch as much as i am. Already going through withdrawals.
Lt. Commander
# 213
03-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Nice plug, Captain Caltern!
Lt. Commander
# 214
03-25-2010, 02:44 PM
Thank you very much. I have so many plans for our upcoming RP, and with our Borg Fleet Action thread transitioning into the Borg Invasion soon, as well as all the amazing posts we're getting, I felt it important to ensure that anyone who hadn't seen the RP in Lotus Fleet lately had a chance to get in on the action.
Lt. Commander
# 215
03-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Yes the Borg Invasion should be .... interesting to say the least
Lt. Commander
To: Lotus Fleet

Subject: State of the Fleet Address Quarter 1 2010

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” These words where uttered by Arnold Schwarzenegger, and are more fitting to today state of affairs then any other quote I have offered in my State of the Fleet address. As of today Lotus Fleet has remained strong and vibrant in our activity, our forums continue to receive high marks for their activity. Our website has been credited with being top notch and remains a focal element in our recruiting efforts.
Lotus Fleet academy has continued to operate admirably and without pause as it works to engage our member base. Operations and all that it is responsible for has continued to build and create in-game content via a system that is very difficult to encourage cooperative game play and interaction among Fleet members. As for out of game, the fact that our RP departments and other out of game activity has not dropped significantly, even though a drop was expected speaks volumes to the amount of professionalism and detail that has been created for our members and their enjoyment, this in itself is an example of how strong Lotus Fleet is and why Lotus Fleet will remain stable and strong for many more months.

I would like to take the time to single out a specific high level understanding of our fleet and try to illustrate how many layers of organization really exist within the Fleet, the reason for this is because there are a lot of self sustaining moving parts and efforts that exist that also prevent the duplication of duties while at the same time allow for the jobs that do exist within the Fleet to be engaging and fun. As a whole and in general when someone joins a guild its not always easy to find ways in which guild leaders can engage there member base while at the same time give them a sense of accomplishment and security both in game and out. Most importantly for Lotus Fleet, we have a system that is centric on two schools of thought and at its highest level they exist to allow Myself and the Fleet leadership to remain focused on what is important…the members.
If you where to begin dissecting Lotus Fleet what you would ultimately have are two main factions within the Fleet, these factions are Member Support and Fleet Support. As a result Lotus Fleet Academy and Lotus Fleet Task Force divisions fall within the realm of Member Support. As for Fleet Support and you guessed it, Lotus Fleet Command and Operations both fall within Fleet support as a whole, from there as you drill down into the different divisions, departments and jobs you find that each have their own mission and has been designed to ultimately support the faction that it resides within, which ultimately works to build a stronger organization (Lotus Fleet). As a result when making decisions and writing plans of action that allow the Fleets leaders (namely Kale and myself) to decide upon a future endeavor we ultimately discuss and debate between ourselves as to what best to define this endeavor as such and as it remains sustainable and viable we ultimately will accept/deny a project and as a result will assign that duty to a given division from there our overall interaction is normally hands off. I have on occasion engaged at very low level within one of the divisions to in essence get a project off the ground and explain in more detail how things should operate, however once it reaches a level of maturity that I am comfortable with I will generally jump out and allow the division responsible for it to take over full time.

Now as of today and with the disenchanting response that has come from STO, Lotus Fleet remains strong and active however we remain strong and active on a slippery sloop that only Cryptic can correct. STO has to mature, it has to grow and it has to endure significant change over the following months, and in so doing Lotus Fleet must adapt and adjust to these changes, however and by design Lotus Fleet does not have to become dependant on STO, it does not have to suffer the ultimate fate of a guild that is hinged on the existence of only one form of entertainment.
Lotus Fleet from its inception was never designed to become dependant on any one element of entertainment that we engage in we are a very much like a Star Trek community with individual focus based on whatever flavor of Star Trek you want to experience. For example, a common mis-belief is that we are a heavy role playing fleet and that every day and every action that our members take are based on a RP infrastructure. In reality that couldn’t be further from the truth. Does Lotus Fleet have 6 active forum based RP ships with crew associated…YES, is RP within Lotus a requirement NO not at all. Truth be told its only one of many resources that Lotus Fleet offers its members and as a result a contingent of individuals participate in Lotus Fleet RP much in the same way that a separate and independent contingent of individuals participate in events on STO. That being said, Lotus Fleet maintains a rank structure, I myself hold the rank of Fleet Admiral, however that is not for any type of RP but rather for use with regard organizational definition and a means in which we can offer and allow our member base the ability to engage with the Fleet as whole, aspire to raise through the ranks and ultimately offer their skills and knowledge at various levels within our organization. This in turn allows Lotus Fleet to take on projects and endeavors that would other wise are very difficult because we give each of our members the ability to aspire. As such and as Star Trek fans all of us believe that one day the world will resemble something of the 23rd/24th century that we know and love and I hope that by our actions today and the interactions that are created with Lotus Fleet and other groups such as ours we can begin to take those steps towards a better world and one that is representative of the 40+ year old franchise that we know and love dearly.

As such and while we wait for Star Trek and Cryptic’s newest endeavor to mature, I promise that myself and the rest of the Lotus Fleet Command Staff will work hard to engage our member base, listen to your interests and enact content that will allow Lotus Fleet to remain viable and fun for as many people as we can, even as STO grows.

Unfortunately and sadly, people come and go, people will cancel their subscriptions and move on to other games…however I have also come to know that Star Trek Online has great potential, if only we has modern day Trek fans replicate the actions of past Trek fans who banned together and petitioned for the name Enterprise to be placed on one of the US Shuttles, we to must be willing to standby our franchise, petition our developer for the content we want and then be patient and understanding, while at the same time drive away the allure of instant gratification that today’s technology has afforded us. Lotus Fleet’s State is strong but it will take the strength of everyone who loves this tiny community to remains resolute.

Thank you all for your time, thank you for your hard work, thank you for your efforts and understanding, and thank you for Standing by Star Trek.

Fleet Admiral Nova
Commanding Officer
Lotus Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 217
03-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Amaziong fleet adress as always Nova
Lt. Commander
# 218
03-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Nicely done, Admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 219
03-27-2010, 07:03 PM
GMT Meeting Coming Up ---- 4pm EST/9pm GMT.
Lt. Commander
# 220
03-28-2010, 06:08 PM
For those who are frustrated with Cryptic's recent decision to level-band the fleet actions, please see this post here:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...28#post2447128

We need as many people to show Cryptic that their decision hurts fleet events and that a fleet-only instance is needed sooner, rather than later, after people get frustrated enough to leave.

In addition, as I mentioned in the post, if fleet-only instances are implemented, they absolutely should not be level-banded, because you don't have the issue with RA5s warping in and raising the difficulty without helping. If this occurs, the issue is with your fleet, not the mechanics of the game.

Please show your support for this option and thank you for your time!