Lt. Commander
# 401
01-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Happy 3rd birthday, Lotus Fleet!

We continue to welcome new members, regardless of level of experience in STO or other games. Our goal is to have fun together in and out of the game, and share our enjoyment of all things Star Trek. We're mature and casual, and we understand that Real Life and deployments sometimes take our members away for extended periods.

We have a very active role-playing forum on our boards and offer a variety of activities in and out of the STO game.

Our Academy is open to all--it is our contribution to the Star Trek community. If you enjoy Star Trek and Star Trek Online lore, you'll find the Academy to be a lot of fun.

Feel free to contact me here or on the Lotus Fleet forums at Jae Onasi.
Lt. Commander
# 402
01-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Suffice to say I have been absent of late. The holiday schedule and moving will do that to one!

The Fleet RP, Dark Reflections, is coming along nicely and has already surpassed 75 posts and is underway to be the most popular role play on the forums at the moment. By this I am pleased, and also glad to be a small, independent part of it... so far.

That may change once the ITS B'Zal meets up with Doctor Bindo and learns what it is she has to offer Rogers.
Lt. Commander
# 403
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
For anyone reading this that is military and thinking of joining a fleet I say look no further. I am a 27 year old male in the Navy on my way home from deployment. The family that Lotus Fleet has been since before the game even launched has been one of the few things I have had to look forward too being all the way out here. The forum role play especially, but just the chats have really made my day sometimes. They are an adult, mature, and fun group that make being in the Fleet more fun at times then playing the game.

I did not mean to go on a rant, but if anyone out there reading this wants a fun, well established, very active, and mature family to call home in STO and elsewhere then you my friends should become one with the LOTUS.
Lt. Commander
# 404
01-05-2011, 11:33 AM
At risk of sounding like a cheesy sales ad, I can attest to Lotus being friendly and receptive. The fleet I had been in dissolved as various people decided they did not want to pay anymore, eventually leaving myself and only one other person who was not even in my time zone. I remembered Lotus from some pre-launch stuff I had done and looked them up again. The fleet as a whole is very active even if they are not specifically playing STO. This does not usually matter though because there are typically plenty of people on when you want to play and they are always willing to group up and fly with you for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 405
01-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Congrats to Lt. Brigham, who's won the monthly Trek Trivia contest 5 times! That's awesome!

If anyone has any questions about our activities in STO or on our forums, please feel free to contact me. We have quite a bit of fun RPing going on in our forum RP section (including a very interesting Mirror Universe thread), we have our Trek Trivia (I'm hoping Brigham lets the rest of us get a chance now!!), the Academy, and a variety of other activities going on in STO and other MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 406
01-09-2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome to all our new members! We're happy to have you on board!
Lt. Commander
# 407
01-09-2011, 06:27 PM
I must say that after being off line for only about 24 hours, and logging into a forum to find over 30 + posts have gone up in your short absence makes being a part of Lotus Fleet a joy to behold.

Not many fleets could boast that kind of activity per day, and this only attests to the comradeship and dedication that Lotus Fleet members bring to our forums.

Well ... that, and "Mama Jae" would deny them their cookies if they didn't show up for her meetings!
Lt. Commander
# 408
01-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBUB49 View Post

Well ... that, and "Mama Jae" would deny them their cookies if they didn't show up for her meetings!
Hehehe--I'm only a little sinister now and then. :p
Lt. Commander
# 409
01-10-2011, 05:40 PM
Just a reminder for Lotus Fleet--our meeting is in 2 hours. We have lots of news tonight!
Lt. Commander
# 410
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Greetings Lotus Fleet, fellow STOers, and Star Trek fans,

In addition to being active in STO, Lotus Fleet has an extensive Star Trek starship-based Roleplay section in our Forums. With the start of the year 2011 comes several exciting changes to our RP Department and Forums.

As always, our stories are available to read for anyone! Please check them out at http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=344

If you're interested in joining Star Trek RP, I encourage you to come join Lotus Fleet to take advantage of what we have to offer.

Here are the changes that we have implemented:

1) First thing that is probably most evident is the changes to the Role Play forum structure. For one thing, we've moved up the section on the main forums page to put it right below Starbase 10 Promenade. We also expanded the section to show all sub-forums and rearranged the sub-forums into 3 categories:

RP Information and Applications: For veterans of Lotus Fleet RP you will be familiar with this section as previously being 2 different sections - "RP Administrative Offices" and "Open Positions, Applications, Personnel Files". We streamlined these 2 sections into one to provide a single place to reference all OOC information about Lotus Fleet Starship RP.

Fleet Starship RP: This section simply contains the sub-forums for Lotus Fleet starships, and Starbase 10, and is where the actual RPing happens.

The Holodeck: A new General RP section that we recently added to allow members to do non-Star Trek RP as well as play Forum Games. It should be mentioned that, although I didn't put it in its own numbered section, this was another big addition and a new thing that will most likely go through several iterations before we get it just right, so please bear with us during this process.

2) We also rewrote the RP 101 guide which is important to read in order to learn the different rules and guidelines involved in Lotus Fleet RP, as well as to give new RPers guidance on how to join up. It is located in a convenient place -- directly under the "RP Information and Applications" section. A link to it has also been placed under each starship's sub-forum so you should always be able to easily access it as needed. We encourage even existing RPers, in addition to new ones, to read over this to refresh their memory of what is involved and expected of our RP members.

3) Finally, we created 3 forms that can be accessed either from the "Steps to Join" section of the RP 101 or from the Roleplaying section of links on the left side of the Forums. The RP Personnel File and Starship Application Forms must be filled out for any new members interested in joining RP. The Species Specification Form is optional, but it is requested that you fill it out when introducing a new species, or to provide more information on a species from Star Trek canon, if not already located in our Species sub-forum under "RP Information and Applications".

Wherever your adventures take you, I wish you well and Live Long and Prosper!

Regards,
Captain Evshell