Lt. Commander
# 521
03-12-2011, 11:38 PM
You went AWOL? For shame ... :p

No worries, there are always a few of us keeping an eye on things here.
Lt. Commander
# 522
03-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081 View Post
I would, but I've had to write far too many essays in the last week so my brain can't handle any more writing. I look forward to reading the entries/winners.
Real Life comes first.

Command meeting is in an hour and a half (2pm EDT). Don't forget the US did the 'spring forward' thing today and is now on Daylight time!
Lt. Commander
# 523
03-13-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLZBUB49 View Post
You went AWOL? For shame ... :p
I know, I'm such a bad officer. lol
Lt. Commander
# 524
03-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Naughty Vince! Well, come to the fleet meeting tonight (10:30pm Eastern) and listen to us COs make more bloopers.
Lt. Commander
# 525
03-14-2011, 09:56 PM
Gah, how am I ever going to make a blooper reel for the fleet meeting recording if we admirals don't make screwups?

I should have the recording edited by Wednesday evening, possibly Thursday. We have a guest coming over to the house on Thursday, and the house need some serious cleaning since I've been spending too much time on the Romulan series lately. Heh.
Lt. Commander
The Few... the Proud... the Lotus Fleet.

Hey STO enthusiasts
If you are looking for an amazing fleet with fun, knowledgeable, involved, helpful, and clever members... well… then look no further before you checkout the Lotus Fleet.

One of the reasons that this is an exclusive fleet is that you must go through Starfleet Academy, and PASS your classes to be eligible to join. Some of you may be thinking, hey that sounds like too much work... well... are you Star Trek fans or not????

One of the advantages in this fleet is that members must WORK, LEARN, THINK, and TEST their skills and knowledge just to become a member. As a result, we have a fleet of very dedicated and involved members who each play a role in the fleet: based on their interests and initiative. We don’t have just a huge number of uninvolved members that come and go; instead we have a core of involved Lotus Fleet members that are welcoming and involved!

For example, we go on fleet episodes and missions together (using TeamSpeak to communicate), craft specific items, members are involved in creating some great role playing stories: we hold a rank and a particular position on a specific ship involved in episodic missions that are better than some published novels out there, weekly meetings, etc… and a collection of different social groups and other game related activities that occur.

You want to know more… then visit us here: http://www.lotusfleet.com/forums/
Lt. Commander
# 527
03-16-2011, 05:48 PM
As Jeff said above, the Academy is a great part of Lotus Fleet. It is a fantastic way for Trek newbies to learn about the universe and for lifelong Trek fans to test or add to their knowledge. It also provides a nice way to ease your way into the fleet, by meeting the professors and staff instead of jumping into a large fleet right away. The Academy staff are always ready to answer questions about Trek and the fleet and help Cadets work towards fleet membership.
Lt. Commander
# 528
03-16-2011, 08:05 PM
I finished editing the sound for the fleet meeting recording, and it's now posted. Enjoy the news and music!
Lt. Commander
# 529
03-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jae! I love what you do with the meetings, they're so much more fun with the music, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 530
03-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince081 View Post
Thanks Jae! I love what you do with the meetings, they're so much more fun with the music, etc.
Yes, and then I can edit out all my Shatner-esque long pauses and "Uhm"s! It drives me nuts to listen to myself speak. LOL