Career Officer
For those that enjoy making a real contribution to a fleet, in addition to RP and STO, there are site positions in the Lotus Fleet available for current and new members to apply.

In the Command Division we are in need of someone with graphic skills and experience to become our Media Developer.
We also need Writers and Editors for our new Fleet Newsletter.

In the Operations Division we could us an RP Assistant, an RP Recruiter, and additional Event Planners.

In the Academy, we could use several Academy Professors, such as Professors of Tactical & Security, Science, Medicine, and Operations.

So if you are a connoisseur of Star Trek related activities, conversations, etc... then you may very well find a home in the Lotus Fleet. Come check us out and inquire!

http://www.lotusfleet.org/

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
Hey there fellow Star Trek Enthusiasts...

We're looking for ACTIVE STO players and experienced RP'ers to join in.

If you like to team up with experienced players on STO and/or like to participate in Star Trek RP.... well then head over to the Lotus Fleet. Our new RP season is just starting now... so if you hurry up we can beam you aboard in the nick of time!

Come visit and apply to our very detailed Starfleet Academy and complete a series of specialized Star Trek related courses. You will receive a diploma if/when you graduate!

So... don't miss out on the available opportunities and the fun.... come and join us!

http://www.lotusfleet.org/

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
Hey there Starfleet Officers... there is quite a variety of RP activity and opportunity within the Lotus Fleet.

The stories are creative and true to Star Trek lore and cannon, yet often expand on ideas, events, characters, technology, etc...

If you always wanted to be an active Starfleet Officer aboard a Starship serving in a specific department... well then look no further.

The crew of the USS Phoenix is already aboard and preparing for the opening ceremony and subsequent launch of this newest federation starship.

The USS Horizon, the flagship of the fleet, is beginning its RP story tomorrow.

There are available positions on each ship for those that like to be involved in Star Trek RP.

Looking for Events to participate in? Well... in Sorripto's capable hands there are Events to participate in throughout a given week. You can check out our weekly thread of upcoming events and also check out the monthly calendar as well. There is even a thread available for you to put in a request for an Event or to even host an Event yourself or with a teammate.

We have members in STO virtually everyday. STO players looking for a Fleet are encouraged to look around our active website... sign in... post a message in the Shoutbox... then watch and see all of the members that will appear to greet you. This is probably one of the most organized yet fun fleets that you will find, but we really want to add more active STO players to our fleet! Do you like to lead Missions and STFs? Then come and join in. We would love to add you to our team!

Our Starbase and Embassy are well underway and progressing daily & weekly.

We are NOT a massive fleet filled with anonymous members. Instead, we all interact with each other in-game, through the website, and through RP. We use Skype for messages and actual conversations, and TeamSpeak 3 for official and unofficial meetings, in addition to PMs and email.

In other words, we are known individuals among the fleet and with each other. The more you participate then the better you will be known and appreciated... just like in the real world.

Check it out for yourself: http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
# 844 Lotus Fleet RP
04-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Here are some thoughts from Fleet XO Kheren regarding RP:

"The greatest fun of RP, be it in forum form as here or the more classical tabletop format or even LARP (Live Action Role Playing), is to build an imaginary personality and biography and make it a moving part of an ongoing story, with main plot elements (like finding a solution to the plot) as well as little details on the side (like things from personal flashbacks to thoughts, dreams. personal logs etc).

Our Lotus Fleet Star Trek roleplaying format is most ideal for this: instead of having random individualistic and unrelated characters haphazardly meeting in a tavern for some supposedly common goal (the classic ''starting dungeon set up''), we have dedicated and similarly focused characters (Starfleet officers) not only working towards the same overall goal (serving the Federation and its ideals through Starfleet) but each having a definite and crucial role within the story (starship rank and duty) and, most of all, a believable and implicit reason to be together and work together.

Sorripto tells us he knows about engineering, science and Trek and use this knowledge to contribute to the story; I am also a lifetime Trekker with knowledge in martial arts, History and sciences: this allows us both to enrich stories through our characters and thus build fun for ourselves by sharing what we love, and thus the fun, with all, players and readers alike.

But such extra knowledge is NOT mandatory for both fun and meaningful contribution: this is the computer age. Anyone can become a Trek expert and a credible-sounding tactician, historian, engineer, doctor or scientist in minutes, at least enough to RP one. The internet provides all the information you might want to write interesting posts with just a few clicks. Just using things like Memory Alpha and Wikipedia will instantly provide ideas and content for posts in a Star Trek story.

Writer's block in LF Star Trek RP is the easiest thing to break : the setting is well established already; then, take your job description (i.e. security), take the plot (i.e. rescue operation) or even just the ship (i.e. tactical sensors), look something up relevant to one (i.e. Memory Alpha: Ambassador class starship) or the other (i.e. Wikipedia: naval rescue operations) or both (i.e. watch some relevant Trek episode) and write it down as your character would say and do it (i.e. ex-convict Andorian shen soldier hard at reforming herself). Et voila! Instant quality post!

Star Trek is richly detailed and expansively developed. It talks about RL science, projected technology and the Human experience (even if you are playing an alien: you're still talking about the human experience but from a specific imaginary angle). Much easier to talk about than some undefined ''magic,'' anachronistic equipment (bola-using druid...) and weird imaginary creatures (what's a Merrow? How does it think, feel? what does it want, do, cope with? etc).

By assuming a specific role in one starship crew, LF RP allows the easiest, most convenient and believable setting for RP. Moreover, the established Starfleet rank structure is easily transposed as, not just some imaginary ''XP points'', but actual goals and rewards for the player as well as their character: through successive stories, the character rises in rank, build both RP experience and character experience, personality, relationships and history until ready to captain a ship (lead a RP story as GM) and bring other players into the fun... or, like Spock, keep to his specific field and become '' the best First officer in Lotus Fleet and best science officer in Starfleet'', as one might prefer.

So people: enjoy!"

http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php

Thanks Fleet XO Kheren for your thoughts here!

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
Below is an observation from one of our members that I'd like to share with everyone.

"I have been playing MMOs for many years. Everything you can think of from Everquest I & II, Matrix Online, Lord of the Rings Online, Star Wars Galaxies, Sword of the New World, CoH, CoV, Champions, Tabula Rosa, and many more. In each one of these I have had a strong guild that supported its members. Guilds that would watch over new recruits and all the while allowing members to grow and explore on their own. This was the especially the case in SWG, MXO, and LOTRO.

I set about looking for a guild that would be as supportive and cool as the ones I had known in other MMOs when Star Trek Online was getting closer to going live. And, I found one, Lotus Fleet!

My Fleet experience started with a crash course in Lotus Fleet Starfleet Academy! Lotus Fleet Academy is the training and education division of Lotus Fleet. The Academy is free and open to anyone and everyone who wishes to learn about Star Trek with no commitment to join. What a great way, I thought, to immerse yourself in Star Trek knowledge and lore. After The Academy I joined the Fleet as a full member and have enjoyed it everyday since then. We are serious with our guild jobs and serious about having fun when we play! Our RP Department has a strong presence in our fleet. Although RPing is not required at any level, the choice is yours. Being former military myself, I have notice a strong work ethic in the Fleet that seems to come from some of our former military members; I certainly welcome and appreciate this attitude. It is a very well organized guild and allows members to contribute as much or as little as they want. I have seen nothing but great attitudes, laughs, Star Trek fandom, and gaming expertise, with no drama!

If you find that after checking out our website http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php that you are interested our Fleet. Please give a PM and one of us will be more than happy to assist you in anyway we can.

We are a great group of guys and gals (a lot of us are seasoned gamers) that have tons of experience with MMOs and a love of Star Trek."

There you go folks... an inspiring impression of the Lotus Fleet from a member.

Perhaps you too could find a home here too.

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Ensign
# 846
04-11-2013, 03:56 PM
Personal log: Stardate 87477.82

I find after a quick tour of my new posting as Chief Engineer aboard the USS Phoenix, Lotus Fleets new Avenger class ship, that the CSO has been installing a new astrometrics computer on deck three. Nothing wrong with that, but her crew had tapped for power into the EPS conduits feeding the shield emitters. I had to shut that operation down ASAP and call in some of my own engineering crew to get that installation properly hooked up. Have not run into the CSO yet, but when I find her ....

Later, I happened to share a lift to the bridge with our chief Tac/Sec officer, Commander Vincent. Seemed an amicable human, and we parted without much ado. Toured the bridge then. Man, that is twice the size of the Spectre's bridge, my old ship. That is where I found that Captain Syntron and the XO, Commander Josh Riker, were down in main engineering. Probably looking for me. I had better get a move on.

Have not met the doc yet, but him being Deltan, I guess he'll be prodding me shortly. No telling what them med's like to schedule before launching a new ship. And I haven't run across our chief of operations either, now that I think of it. Mr. Jureth is an accomplished Lotus fleet officer with impressive credentials brought over from the USS Artemis. He'll be quite capable.

Every time I cross by a view port, I see the new USS Horizon ... or soon-to-be anyway. Her commissioning ceremony is coming up soon and then her and the Phoenix will be setting off on our maiden voyages. And that is where the adventure begins anew.

Well, best go find the captain before he keel-hauls me.

End log.

Commander Rogers stepped into the turbo lift and ordered it to main engineering, thirteen deck below.
Commodore BLZBUB,
Command Division Executive Officer,
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
# 847 Lotus Fleet RP & more
04-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Thanks to Commander Rogers... the new ChEng aboard the USS Phoenix for sharing his log update.

On the ship we have an upcoming officer's meeting occurring in the main briefing room on deck 1 of the USS Phoenix this Wednesday 4-17-13.

Again, this is but a glimpse into the RP activity that occurs regularly in the Lotus fleet.

Those that truly want to be involved in a rewarding and enriching Star Trek RP experience are welcome to check us out on our main site:

From there you can access the main Fleet site, Our Starfleet Academy site and the RP site.

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
# 848 Lotus Fleet RP & more
04-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Greetings to everyone from the Lotus Fleet.

If you are looking for an engaging Star Trek experience within a fleet then look no further.

Scroll up to the earlier posts on this page to learn about our Starfleet Academy, RP department or the forums on our main site.

Then stop on in a pay us a visit. If you like what you see, then you can request a course key and sign up for our Trek-filled academy.

Your course selection will be based on your area of interest... generally such as tactical, engineering or science, but with more specific specializations.

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
# 849 Positions and Promotions
04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Greetings Star Trek Enthusiasts!

In the Lotus Fleet we'd like to acknowledge Fleet members that have stepped-up to apply, be interviewed, and then chosen to a specific division position. It is the work taken on and completed by such members in all divisions that allow the Lotus fleet to not only continue, but thrive.

First up... I would like to congratulate newly promoted Lieutenant Junior Grade Decatur as he steps into his new position as our Tier 2 Newsletter Writer in the Command Division.

He already has exciting ideas germinating for this issue and will work under RAdm Jureth toward completing and presenting our upcoming Lotus Fleet Newsletter; the first since our arrival to our new home.

There is lots of activity going on in RP aboard the Fleet starships and we have a rendezvous with the Crystalline Entity this Sunday @ 4:00pm EST.

Check it out for yourself to see if this is a fleet you could thrive in:

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet
Career Officer
# 850 Available RP positions
04-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Currently only 2 RP positions open in the Fleet.

Chief Operations Officer on the USS Phoenix

Chief Engineer on the USS Horizon

Basic details about qualifying for an RP position in Lotus Fleet:

1. Complete the Academy courses. (choose your specialization)
2. Graduate & receive Diploma
3. Complete these RP courses:
-RP 101- Intro to RP viewtopic.php?f=20&t=259
-RP 201- Starship RP http://www.lotusfleet.org/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=261
4. Complete a character application: http://www.lotusfleet.org/form.php?f=18
5. Find/choose an available position on one of the ships and apply for that position.
(there will be room even if a particular position is unavailable)

Additional info: http://www.lotusfleet.org/index.php

RAdm Jeff T
Command CO
Lotus Fleet