Commander
# 21
10-23-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi Joe. Welcome to the jungle. I mean forums.
There's no dork like an old school dork. You just can't beat experience.
Captain
# 22
10-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticjoejing View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome...and the bacon adornments
The mighty bacon badge is the highest honor that us forumites can bestow.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Rihannsu
# 23
10-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Welcome to the STO side of the Cryptic-verse crypticjoejing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
Is facial expressions in your department? This game could use them...badly. Every character in this game looks dull and lifeless.
I think they were going for the bland Voyager era actor performances. They really captured the wooden performance of Garrett Wang, and the lack of presence of the cardboard cut out that was used in place of Robert Beltran in the last three seasons.

Seriously the producers of Voyager told the actors who played humans- sans Janeway- to be bland in their performances as to not overshadow their intended break out alien character: Neelix.

(maybe I'm being too hard on them, the actors that is. I actually met Garrett Wang back in his Voyager days and hes funny talented guy. I could tell that the Voyager producers were not giving the young actor a chance to try showing his talents. And well Beltran has made his hatred of his role clear.)
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 24
10-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Heh, good theory thlamstrike.

I forgot to comment on the facial expressions myself - that's part of our animation department. But I know the guys I agree that STO could benefit from a little more love there and I'll bring it up for their consideration.
Career Officer
# 25
10-23-2013, 07:03 PM
Speaking of the facial expressions, I was under the impression that some of that got glitched with LoR. I know foundry contacts would do their angry/military/scared poses, but their faces didn't match. Don't know if this is fixed yet, but it had something to do with Tovan Kev's animation matching his VO, and it borked everything else.
Captain
# 26
10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome...and the bacon adornments
Roger, Bacon, over-easy and out.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 27
10-29-2013, 07:17 PM
Well, the big news I mentioned in my intro has been announced! Michael Dorn is reprising his role as Worf: http://www.startrek.com/article/firs...o-michael-dorn

I was excited to have the chance to make the game version. There will be more infos to come regarding that as well. Stay tuned
Career Officer
# 28
10-29-2013, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Well, the big news I mentioned in my intro has been announced! Michael Dorn is reprising his role as Worf: http://www.startrek.com/article/firs...o-michael-dorn

I was excited to have the chance to make the game version. There will be more infos to come regarding that as well. Stay tuned
You're the one who remade Worf? Man, you did a bang up job on him. He looks really, really good now. Thanks!

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009

It's time for STO to get a complete UI overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Quote:

Great job on that indeed.

Any chance of getting his hair as an option though? Or any new hairs for the ridged head type for that matter....

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Starfleet Veteran
# 30
10-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle54 View Post
Great job on that indeed.

Any chance of getting his hair as an option though? Or any new hairs for the ridged head type for that matter....
I was about to ask this, I didnt have a klingon char when the S1 worf hair was offered before, so was wondering if that and any updates might be made available again.