Lt. Commander
# 121
02-07-2010, 08:15 AM
You gave him tree-fiddy? Dammit, you should have started him at a buck two-five.
Lt. Commander
# 122
02-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Well , he was trying to buy a latte. A buck two-five would have only gotten him a house coffee.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
1. We believe in a 6-pack in every replicator, a phaser on every bow, and an Orion Love Slave* in every Captain's Quarters. Join us, and together we will make it so.

I perfer to keep a case a beer in my replicater.
Lt. Commander
# 124
02-07-2010, 10:35 PM
IsNice!!

Actually checked out some of the apps on your forums, had a good laugh especially at the Recon dude (think it was for Champions).
Nice to see some people still appreciate games being about having fun and thanks for the laugh.

I'd apply, but I don't think I'm creative enough for the process and I'm too lazy to google funny stuff to put in.

My best!
Lt. Commander
# 125
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Oh don't be shy. Come on by and drop a line. It isn't a comedy contest. We seek interesting people, not the next Richard Pryor. I admit that the applicants get a little crazy with trying to out funny the last guy, but really - it isn't comedians we seek. If you are a cool cat, you are just right for us.

Pro Tip: The app is color coded, questions in green, answers in white. If there is more green than white when you complete the app, you will be blasted.
Lt. Commander
# 126
02-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Yea, what he said. I'm not very funny, but somehow I got in I think it's because I'm so damn pretty.

MMmm hm, that must be it.

/flatterself
Lt. Commander
# 127
02-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylatron
Yea, what he said. I'm not very funny, but somehow I got in I think it's because I'm so damn pretty.
Actually, it was your humility that won us over. :p

Encima - up to you if you want to make the leap. I'm the guy that designed the app, and I'll tell you straight up that being funny isn't required, nor is being long-winded. Honestly, all we're looking to see is that you're someone fun to hang out with. Because we're an entire gaming community that plays many games, we use an application instead of vent or game chatter so that members playing in other branches can get to see you. (Because we presume you'll join us in other games as well, so these people will be your guild mates in due time.)

My classic explanation to new people is this: we're at a bar, and you've walked up to us. Convince us you're someone we want to share a drink with. You don't have to be funny, or deep, or whacky. You DO need to be interesting, and the best way to show us you're interesting is to show us there's more to you than just some guy (or girl) who plays video games.
Lt. Commander
# 128
02-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Well they let me in, they can't be all that picky.
Lt. Commander
# 129
02-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Unrepentant are easily the best Fleet/Team/Guild I have ever joined, so what's the secret?

Simple really, everyone is friendly, helpful & easy going, plus we all here for the same reason, i.e. to have fun!

Whatever your time-zone, if you enjoy having a laugh in good company, submit that application now.
Lt. Commander
# 130
02-09-2010, 06:21 AM
friendly? helpful? What guild is this and how do I join?

I joined the U for the BBQ tribbles. And there's nothing better than throwing down some marinated tribbles on the plasma grillmaster 9000, then eating it with some honey mustard.
Closed Thread