Lt. Commander
# 1501 Better stuff
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
so if you move to a harder setting you get better drops???
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
ppfftt...slackers - found this almost to page 3.

STF bug fixes - PLEASE !!

I don't mind if you get overrun because you didn't do things right, but some of the "well-known" bugs just makes life suck.

Easy-mode STFs - Nawww...fix the bugs. They should be hard. Epically hard. Matter of fact, if you want the change the STFs, I would tend to vote they go into the direction of REQUIRING a coordinated 10 man team.

Which - maybe a chance for compromise. Make an easy mode 5 man version, and a MUCH harder "Fleet" version, that gives better XP, drops or other reward. If they ever make the Fleet StarBase idea fly, then require the fleet to do this to get the required parts for a StarBase to function.
I like this train of thought...

uh... nuff said.
Lt. Commander
# 1503
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Go Pack Go! Bring the Lombardi trophy home!
Lt. Commander
# 1504
01-26-2011, 06:08 PM
The elite difficulty version of the STFs are intended for players who know each other and cooperate with each other on a regular basis. AKA, fleets. These will have better rewards. So, basically, you're getting what you want in that respect.

Does having an easier 3-man version interfere with your personal enjoyment of the game? Does it open STFs to more people, thus giving more people more stuff to do, thus keeping some players happier and active? Are more players in MMOs conducive to further developments and more content?

Honestly, I'm one of the most active STF people in this fleet. Most of the difficulty of STFs is the due to buggy crap like proto drone mass invasions and hold spams wipe entire teems. In these cases there is always an element of luck. It doesn't matter how awesome you are, or how awesome I am, or how awesome our team is, if we can't get up due to the overload of proto/tactical/elite drone knockdown shots, or that the regular drones and medical drones have half the team incapacitated with 4-6 assimilation/neurotoxin holds. And these are the issues that have always been considered unintentional, and they're annoying as all hell.

So you don't want an easy STF? Don't play it. Play on elite. Play with people you regularly play with instead of PUGs. Get better rewards. I fail to see how this is detrimental to you at all.

Also, no Futurama defenders? Bah.
Lt. Commander
# 1505
01-27-2011, 04:17 AM
[quote=

Also, no Futurama defenders? Bah.[/QUOTE]
It's only one of the best toons out there....
Lt. Commander
# 1506
01-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Without Futurama there would be no Zapp Brannigan and then how would we set our phasers to sexytime?

And yes, easy STF's are lame. We are only talking about Infected, Cure, and KA. TD is still a tad iffy for me. That is 3 things in the whole game that you need to actually plan out and not run room to room. I like having to think every now and then and not just smash keys and watch TV.

Its rewarding because it is hard. Sorry Comrad Obi, I still disagree with you that it is a right that every captain jo schmo should be able to run everything in the game. Dumbing things down is not the way to go.

I like Bender so there!
Lt. Commander
# 1507
01-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
Futurama sucks.
Oh, you poor, sick, deluded man.
Lt. Commander
# 1508
01-27-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARLOSSPICEYWIENER
Without Futurama there would be no Zapp Brannigan and then how would we set our phasers to sexytime?

And yes, easy STF's are lame. We are only talking about Infected, Cure, and KA. TD is still a tad iffy for me. That is 3 things in the whole game that you need to actually plan out and not run room to room. I like having to think every now and then and not just smash keys and watch TV.

Its rewarding because it is hard. Sorry Comrad Obi, I still disagree with you that it is a right that every captain jo schmo should be able to run everything in the game. Dumbing things down is not the way to go.

I like Bender so there!
If Zapp Brannigan had his own show, I'd watch it. They should stop cluttering up Futurama with all the other unfunny stuff :p

Again, I say, if you're rewarded from the challenge, then set the difficulty to elite. How does other people enjoying the game at their own pace prevent you from enjoying it at yours, provided you have the option to do so? Why shouldn't every captain have access to the game that they pay for? In what way does knowing that three PUGs are out there running an STF on easy and getting less rewards than you do when you run the same STF on elite with fleeties decrease your personal enjoyment of the game?
Lt. Commander
# 1509 Ok good point Obi
01-27-2011, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
If Zapp Brannigan had his own show, I'd watch it. They should stop cluttering up Futurama with all the other unfunny stuff :p

Again, I say, if you're rewarded from the challenge, then set the difficulty to elite. How does other people enjoying the game at their own pace prevent you from enjoying it at yours, provided you have the option to do so? Why shouldn't every captain have access to the game that they pay for? In what way does knowing that three PUGs are out there running an STF on easy and getting less rewards than you do when you run the same STF on elite with fleeties decrease your personal enjoyment of the game?
I get where you're at Obi, tho I still tend to hopei t's not made to soft..

I mean heck I've never finished CE or the big Dig! Got real close on Big Dig but some pugs bailed just before the fight on the steps. Still want to do them someday, maybe with Ina Goodhands and some other mid level toons or new members. Otherwise I am ok that rc never finished it. Leaves me something to consider some day.
And I think Lela is a Babe, mutant maybe but I'd go for it... of course that might be cause I have a thing for Katie Segal!
Lt. Commander
# 1510
01-27-2011, 11:10 PM
From what I've gathered, elite difficulty STFs are likely to be slightly more difficult than they are currently, although with less of the buggy BS.

CE is a nightmare. I beat it once back in beta and haven't looked back. I have no plans of visiting that thing again.

Big Dig is fun! I don't know why people don't like it, its my favorite of the ground fleet actions (no swordmasters, no plasma nades, no holoprojectors). Of course, I haven't been back since I spent 5 hours in there farming for Romulan/Reman kill accolades. At least I walked away from it with a first place trophy, though. We should gather a posse and run though it sometime.

Katey Segal isn't bad. She's no Elizabeth Shue, though.
Closed Thread