Lt. Commander
# 2611
06-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Ugh. I had to use some regenerators after yesterday's trip to the dentist. I now know why in some countries it is used as a form of torture.
Lt. Commander
# 2612
06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Dentistry is still a fairly barbaric practice. After all, their primary solution to major problems is to either extract or kill the tooth in question (usually followed by some kind of reconstructive work)
Lt. Commander
# 2613
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by afaern
Dentistry is still a fairly barbaric practice. After all, their primary solution to major problems is to either extract or kill the tooth in question (usually followed by some kind of reconstructive work)
Yeah, we really need to start pioneering dental cybernetics. I can't count how many times I've wished for a mechanical molar. Or an incisor that shoots laser beams. That'd be awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 2614
06-03-2012, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
Yeah, we really need to start pioneering dental cybernetics. I can't count how many times I've wished for a mechanical molar. Or an incisor that shoots laser beams. That'd be awesome.
At this point I'd settle for advances that got rid of all the sharp and pointy tools. It would also be nice if dentists didn't shove a bunch of things in your mouth and then ask you questions: "Well, we fit a suction tube, a drill, a water gun, a mirror, and half my hand in there. What do you think about the upcoming election?"
Lt. Commander
# 2615 The Unrepentant Fleet
06-03-2012, 12:38 PM
For those of you looking for a fleet to join:

I am a new member of the Unrepentant Fleet, but I can tell you if you are looking for a casual and fun fleet that is full of people who are helpful and knoweldgeable about STO, then this is the fleet for you.

Before I joined the U, I did a lot of looking around at other fleets. Many of them had mandatory playtimes, mandatory uniforms or required certain types of loadouts on their ships. Some of the fleets felt like I was going to be back in the military! After visiting the Unrepentant Gaming site, I found a bunch of people who enjoyed gaming, didn't take themselves seriously, and were looking for new people to just hang out and have fun with. My first day hanging out with the U online they were nice enough to help me level up 6 times, even though I had not been officially made a member yet. They also have a KDF Fleet, and have guilds in many other games.

They do have an application process that looks like a lot at first, but it was the most fun I had filling out an app. In reality it is their way to get to know you and you them, making sure both sides are a good fit. Who wants to join a fleet blind just to find out it is full of drama or infighting, or you don't get along with anybody because everyone is serious all the time?

With all the random fleet invites flying around these days, it makes sense to be cautious in your approach. Please feel free to click on the link below and poke around. You may just find what you are looking for.

Good luck in your search!
Lt. Commander
# 2616
06-04-2012, 05:18 AM
The Dude's recruitment pitch crits you for 1,000,000 damage.

Apply, dammit!
Lt. Commander
# 2617
06-05-2012, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
The Dude's recruitment pitch crits you for 1,000,000 damage.

Apply, dammit!
1,000,000? I would love to see the damage stats on that one!

Come join the U! Come to hang out with cool people and have lively discussions, stay to learn all the fun ways to BBQ a tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 2618
06-06-2012, 06:24 AM
I finally got my engineer to level 45 last night. I am going to have to try my hand at STFs pretty soon. With the way I fly better have those regenerators handy

I am also thinking about going LTS rather than gold since it is both on sale and a better deal in the long run (I do like rolling alts lol). What's the Captain's Table that I would get access to? It sounds like some kind of forum or something.
Lt. Commander
# 2619
06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox3178
I am also thinking about going LTS rather than gold since it is both on sale and a better deal in the long run (I do like rolling alts lol). What's the Captain's Table that I would get access to? It sounds like some kind of forum or something.
It's an ingame thing. The most useful thing is probably the duty officer assignments available there. Nothing unique to it that I know of, just another place for something good to possibly show up. It also has all the standard starbase conveniences (bank, mail, exchange) but less idiots to deal with.
Lt. Commander
# 2620
06-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Are we paying this guy? Should we be?

Glad to have you with us.

Everyone else; listen to the Dude. He knows.
Closed Thread