Lt. Commander
This Thread is a communication to open from the community to the developement team to address the concerns the player base has seen in regards to the skill points being capped in such a way that you're limited to ONE tier 5 skill capped and ALMOST capping another.

A majority of the people in this post agree to the point that there is a skill cap and would just like a more balanced system where we're pretty limited in our choices of tier 5 skills, and wasted skill points on tier 3 and tier 4 ships.

Current cap is 60700

A good questions for the devs is if this is a cap set in stone for the time being? When can we expect a skill cap increase in an upcoming expansion? Are we going to have to wait 6 months? A year?

According to the devs we should expect Admiral 10 to be available to help us fill all those cracks in the skill point system.

LINKS

Skill Point Calculator

Hammer Post

Al Rivera Skill Discussion

Stormshade Response in original thread

Massively.com Post

Powers and Bridge Officer Abilities Thread regarding current Admirals and the skill point wall

If you need others linked, please PM with post information, and I will be happy to add.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:31 AM
I dub thee the revenant thread or the undead thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Hopefully they either revert back to unlimited skill points, or boost the amount we get to use.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Ninjalo311

If they were changes to then it would have been in the patch notes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Patch notes? There's patch notes? *goes to look*
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
hope not. I for one support the skill cap, Im looking forward to seeing the variety of different builds for ships, ground, etc. If anything at all, the only thing I think should be changed, is you can only put a few points in as admiral, should be a bit more. other than that, no reason NOT to have a skill cap. I cant image wow with infinate talent points, EQ with unlimited AA, LOTRO being able to equip every trait O_O
Lt. Commander
# 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramhound
Ninjalo311

If they were changes to then it would have been in the patch notes.
Well this doesn't mean there weren't any changes in that 50mb patch. Also, I still anticipate patches and downtime during head start, maybe not during peak hours like Open Beta, but I do expect it to happen.
Lt. Commander
# 8
If you're inviting people to be civil, I hope they will be when I say I don't mind about the skill cap; especially after one of the Devs explained why they introduced a limit in the big thread thats now archieved away.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuomi View Post
If you're inviting people to be civil, I hope they will be when I say I don't mind about the skill cap; especially after one of the Devs explained why they introduced a limit in the big thread thats now archieved away.
I can't speak for every poster on this thread, but I can hope the title of it will prevent alot of the flaming from posters on both sides of the discussion.

(I myself was both a victim and instigator in the last Threadnaught, but as time progressed we all came to a mutual understanding of each other's perspective)
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-29-2010, 09:41 AM
I agree there needs to be a cap on points. There really is no point in letting everyone be able to do everything. The actual number of points we are limited to is another matter. It does seem off balance at first with you getting a lot of points in the beginning and not enough points when you get to the cool stuff at admiral but that could be simply because I want all the cool stuff. It could also be because the they want to increase the points later on without having to actually add more skills right away. It's really hard to say since the future is pretty unclear (technically the game isn't even released yet so how can we judge?).

I just wish everyone would stop making a big deal about there being a limit. What was the last MMO that allowed you to be 'Captain Super Awesome Commando' in all aspects of the game?
Closed Thread