Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Here we are, just minutes away from "Making it so". Let Styx do the talking.

*Thread Premise*: Describe or post a link to what you are listening to right now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-29-2010, 09:42 AM
now that you mention it, i may have to dig up my old copy of James Horners Soundtracks from Wrath of Kahn and Search for Spock. Those thigs were just great to drive to, or play games by, i dunno why i didn't think of that till now, doh

it should also be mentioned that he did the soundtrack for ALIENS which he originally wrote for star trek 4 but they dumped it out opting for funny christmas music (what with the wales and all) so he turned around and said 'who want's it?' and cameron jumped on it which is why you have this odd trek feeling at the end of ALIENS when they're flying off to those clangy bell things that are traditionally associated with klingons.

I'm pretty sure he did AVATAR as well, but not certain, but it sure sounds like his style.

so yah, gonna get me some soundtrack lovin.

lC ! cl cl
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-29-2010, 01:48 PM
Klingon fight song from the original motion picture as done by Erich kunzel and the Cincinnati pops orchestra
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Control by Mute Math
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-29-2010, 02:09 PM
other than my nerdraging at the server I'm listing to Linda Perrys-Fill me up atm
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-29-2010, 02:46 PM
listening to my playlist on youtube atm... guano apes lords of the boards is playing now. =) Love that jam!
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-29-2010, 03:19 PM
The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

15 minutes left of a trying day at work.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Best of...
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
For the beta, I bought the two "Best of Music" from Star Trek (vols 1 and 2) and the soundtrack from the first movie.

I put them into a playlist in iTunes and the in game music player is playing it, so that's cool.

I really like the opening to Voyager and the use of the bass drum. At some point in the beta I was crusing through the Briar Patch and there were wisps of interstellar gas flowing over my ship -- just like in the opening of Voyager. With the music playing, it really put me into the STO universe.

From the original movie soundtrack, I like the 'Klingon Battle" track -- perfect for both exploration and combat. And I like that version of the new opening theme.
Lt. Commander
Closed Thread