Lieutenant
# 1 A small question and a request
10-15-2013, 03:29 AM
First off,im actually a BSG fan and only hitched on to star trek through Big Bang Theory. But as i played this game,i came to like the lore and went on a quest to see all the episodes and canon novels in the star trek universe.Ive watched TOS and TAS but now am at a loss as to what comes after them.

So my request is that can anyone here compile a list of all the star trek series(i.e VOY,TAS etc.),all the movies,soft canon and core books in the chronological order they occur in?(i.e starting from birth of federation to 2409) Thanks!
"Captain,we've got massive nerd rage inbound on an attack vector!"

"Emergency power to shields,All hands..BATTLE STATIONS"
Career Officer
# 2
10-15-2013, 03:59 AM
T.V. shows in order:
The Original Series
The Animated Series
The Next Generation
Deep Space 9
Voyager
Enterprise

Movies:
The Motion Picture
The Wrath of Khan
The Search for Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country
Generations
First Contact
Insurrection
Nemesis
Star Trek (JJ Abrams 2009)
Into Darkness

**There is debate as to the novels being canon. Typically, anything licensed or approved by CBS/Paramount is canon. This would include the technical manuals.

The novels.... Read them. Whether or not they're canon isn't the important part. There are a lot of good authors who have written very good books that should be movies.
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc

Last edited by oldkirkfan; 10-15-2013 at 04:02 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-15-2013, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by floppytechie View Post
So my request is that can anyone here compile a list of all the star trek series(i.e VOY,TAS etc.),all the movies,soft canon and core books in the chronological order they occur in?(i.e starting from birth of federation to 2409) Thanks!
chronological order for when there were made or chronological order in the Star trek universe? If you want when it was made then oldkirkfan has it, just watch the first 6 star trek movies before tng. if you want within the universe then it is:

Enterprise
The Original Series
The Animated Series
The Next Generation
Deep Space 9
Voyager

Something worth noting is that there is over lap with Deep Space Nine. Voyager starts right at the end of Next gen.

DS9 Season 1 lines up with tng season 6

Ds9 season 3 lines up with voyager season 4.

Once voyager is gone to the delta quadrant the story is independent but the Cardassians and the Maquis are covered in both tng and ds9. If you want them to truely line up then use the wikipedia and line up the air dates as you watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ation_episodes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._Nine_episodes
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...yager_episodes

Branflakes also created a thread where he did what you are doing and he posted it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=175353
Captain
# 4
10-15-2013, 04:25 AM
If you want in show chronological, the tv shows and movies can get a little mixed up as there is a lot of overlap with things, and major events from one can be referenced and have impacts on the other. But if you can follow this:

Enteprrise
TOS
TAS
The Motion Picture
The Wrath of Khan
The Search For Spock
The Voyage Home
The Final Frontier
The Undiscovered Country
TNG
DS9 starts partway through early season 6 of TNG and runs alongside it
Generations after TNG ends and before DS9 season 4 starts
Voyager starts (DS9 is probably around the season 2/3 break at this point in time, as DS9's first half of season 6 runs the same time as Voyager season 4)
First Contact (happens midpoint of DS9 season 5, as there is a reference to this happening during that season, and must happen before Voyager season 3 finale.)
Insurrection happens during DS9 season 6 (after the first 6 episodes) or season 7, I forget which but it's a self contained thing so isn't too important as long as it's somewhere in there.
Nemesis happens after Voyager has ended.

Alot of books are set after this point, but I haven't read them much so can't help there.

Comic book Star Trek Countdown occurs after Nemesis. This leads into the two JJ abrams movies, which exist in a different timeline, but have to be watched after Nemesis due to it's impact on the main timeline and a certain character.

STO is set 40 years after Voyager ends.

The TNG game A FINAL UNITY is set I believe after the first episode of TNG season 7.

The comic book NERO is set during the opening titles of the first JJ Abrams film and explains what Nero was doing for all that time until Spock shows up.

Star Trek is followed by Star Trek Into Darkness, with an ongoing IDW comic series set between teh films and carrying on after Into Darkness..

Hope you found all that helpful.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Lieutenant
# 5
10-16-2013, 12:24 AM
thanks for all the prompt and helpful answers guy,really appreciate it.
One more thing,can anyone post all the star trek novels there is?thanks
"Captain,we've got massive nerd rage inbound on an attack vector!"

"Emergency power to shields,All hands..BATTLE STATIONS"
Captain
# 6
10-16-2013, 12:40 AM
Posting all the Star Trek novels there are would take a Wikipedia page. Hey, fancy that.

I will give you one must-read suggestion: Federation by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens, a TOS/TNG crossover (the casts don't actually meet face-to-face but they briefly encounter each others' ships and have to work together without violating the Temporal Prime Directive). The TOS timeline takes place just after "Journey to Babel" in season two, while the TNG timeline picks up right at the end of "Sarek" near the end of season three. Extremely good multiple-threaded plot, although about a third of it (Zefram Cochrane's storyline, the backstory to TOS: "Metamorphosis" among other episodes) was ripped up by First Contact (which is part of the reason I don't like that movie).

Also, I've heard good things about the Typhon Pact series, set post-DS9. Basic concept, the Romulans and a bunch of the smaller polities surrounding the Federation ally to form an anti-Federation of sorts.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 7
10-16-2013, 01:22 PM
There are far too many to list here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Trek_novels
I love nice long walks in the country.
Especially if they're taken by people who annoy me!
Ar ais olc leis an doer olc