Lt. Commander
# 1091
02-25-2011, 04:39 PM
Hope the fleet pvp was fun tonight! Sorry I missed it peeps! Unfortunately I'll miss the next one too

G x
Lt. Commander
# 1092
02-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutis78 View Post
the "old" website, as far as I understandit, is the one we are currently using at www.ufplanets.com Command has been hard at work on a revision and update to the current one as well as a Klingon version.

Personally I can't wait to see all the great work you guys have completed!

As for the Romulans, I am likewise waiting till all the missions are out. I like to run through a story in one go.
We had a functioning website for a while, but the content management system we were using was absolutely horrible, so we eventually stopped maintaining it. There is a still a link to the site on the forum index, but a lot of the information is now extremely out of date, and many images are missing.

The new content management system properly integrates into the forums now, unlike the previous system. It'll make for a seamless browsing experience on our new website.
Lt. Commander
# 1093
02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I can let those of you who frequent the recruitment thread know, that it's likely we'll finish the forum portion (which is by far the biggest portion) of the revamp project by the end of the weekend, barring any unforseen difficulties.
That will free us up to do the website work. Because vBulletin and vBadvanced (the website component) work in tandem so closely however, the vast majority of work is done as a result of our work on vBulletin - so it will be mainly content filling and accompanying graphics.
Still no release date planned as yet, partly because of the design work, but also because we'll soon be relying on others to assist us in making sure all the content is up and ready (that's the CL5 guys). However we will be giving forenotice so that you guys know when to expect downtime and an approximation of how long it will take.

The Klingon version won't be online on release, due to the complexity and scale of the task ahead - you'll see what I mean on release day lol. But it will be something I'll be looking into shortly after... and some time later a Romulan version too
Lt. Commander
# 1094
02-25-2011, 07:44 PM
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Is it ready yet?
Lt. Commander
# 1095
02-26-2011, 04:45 AM
Not quite yet.
Lt. Commander
# 1096
02-26-2011, 04:57 AM
No
No
No
...Maybe :p

Not too long now we hope.
Lt. Commander
# 1097
02-26-2011, 03:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing it!
Lt. Commander
# 1098
02-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Remember some of us will be playing through the entire Romulan series of episodes next week, so if you haven't done them, be sure to join us!
It promises to be a lot of fun. Check the forums for more details
Lt. Commander
# 1099
02-27-2011, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hathaway View Post
Remember some of us will be playing through the entire Romulan series of episodes next week, so if you haven't done them, be sure to join us!
It promises to be a lot of fun. Check the forums for more details
I think what Hath is referring to when he says "some of us" are the code monkey types that have been to diligently working on the new website. Glad to hear you are almost thru it.
Lt. Commander
# 1100
02-27-2011, 07:38 AM
I need to do them all on Grace but got the last two to do with Caitlin. Been enjoyable so far!