Lt. Commander
# 1891
07-28-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpkiller View Post
Hehe, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last. We've just implemented a new feature in the application process which will make this clearer to new members... at least those who check their emails.
What would we do without you SK!!

G x
Lt. Commander
# 1892
07-29-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Hehe, you're not the first, and probably won't be the last. We've just implemented a new feature in the application process which will make this clearer to new members... at least those who check their emails.

Yeah i know. Paying attention, I'm doing it wrong!
Lt. Commander
# 1893
07-29-2011, 08:20 AM
The weekend is almost here. Let's get some serious STO time in... well, except for exchanging the furniture in two rooms, sawing up a tree that fell across the lower half of the driveway, attending a class reunion and my grandmother's 95th birthday celebration.
Lt. Commander
# 1894
07-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Can't fill out the application! I sent a PM to someone who was currently on the forums, but didn't get a response before I got off, I'll just transcript the PM here!

Quote:
Hello,

I noticed you're the only staff member currently online, so forgive the random message. I registered on the forums in order to apply to get into the fleet. I can not post on the forums though due to not validating my email. For some reason I never got the validation email. I know it's not an error on my end(I've done webdesign for many years so my filters are correct). I'm wondering is if you could manually enable my posting rights or force send the activation email again. Or is the system just currently set to pending administration approval and the documentation hasn't been updated? Any help greatly appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 1895
07-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Hey Loyaltrekie,

Just so you know I have passed your message on to our engineering team. Recently we redid the application form so it might just be a small issue with that. I have passed it on and it should be dealt with in a timely matter . Whats your name on the UFP Forums????

I look forward to your application and to seeing you around the forums and Teamspeak.

{UFP}Bondgadget76
Lt. Commander
# 1896
07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Loyaltrekie,

You should have gotten an automated email upon registering that provided an activation link. I've manually approved your account so you should have access now.
Lt. Commander
# 1897
07-29-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Hi Loyaltrekie,

You should have gotten an automated email upon registering that provided an activation link. I've manually approved your account so you should have access now.
Seems to be a database error when putting ins ome characters in the additional comments box.

Quote:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 've been an avid gamer and MMO'er for a great many years. I enjoy any content(' at line 1
Quote:
I've been an avid gamer and MMO'er for a great many years. I enjoy any content(pve, pvp, etc) and would love to get with a group of people who share the same ideals.
Was what was there when it processed the error.
Lt. Commander
# 1898
07-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Yeah, we've recently implemented a new application system. However, it doesn't like quotation marks in the fields. I'll be working on remedying that this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 1899
07-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Quote:
Yeah, we've recently implemented a new application system. However, it doesn't like quotation marks in the fields. I'll be working on remedying that this weekend.
No rest for the wicked!

G
Lt. Commander
# 1900
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryde7
No rest for the wicked!

G
Indeed. My work is never done.