Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 51
02-01-2010, 12:54 AM
So the new desktop I got to replace the old one went Blue Screen of Death on me during Saturday's meeting and despite my best efforts I couldn't get it working again. So it will be one to two weeks until I until I can get it fixed and get STO back up and running. *sigh* so much for headstart. I'm using my old laptop right now and that has vent on it, but yeah no STO until I can get the desktop fixed, hopefully really soon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 52
02-01-2010, 12:58 AM
A fleet not worth considering in my opinion. Got booted for "Burping" in Vent and daring to pop into channel with people I *gasp* wanted to talk to in my opinion.

I seriously thought it was a joke but thank geez You dont have to rely on fleets in this game like you have to in EVE.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 53
02-01-2010, 08:03 AM
Cadet Sisko reporting for duty sir
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 54
02-01-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soluminas
cough "Second Fleet" cough. How is everyone? I am in game here and there. Still lot's of stuff going on in life with the girlfriend still. It will be a long road. Tally when you get a chance can you send me an invite?
Hello Sol. It is good to see you again. I hope that life is a bit easier on you than before and that you are well. You have been invited to the fleet in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalden View Post
Hey 2nd Fleet... I applied for membership and was accepted several months ago... I want to say about 6-7 months. Anyways, took a bit of hiatus while the game was still under development to divert more of my time and attention to my job (a sailor aboard USS George HW Bush CVN-77).

Was wondering if I still had a spot within your ranks? If not, I'll understand and I'll begin searching else where.

Either way, God speed.

-Kalden
Hello Kalden. This is the first time i see you here, so it must have been more than 6-7 months. Anyway, it does not matter. Since you are interested in our fleet, our Academy staff will contact you shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magmafire2374 View Post
So the new desktop I got to replace the old one went Blue Screen of Death on me during Saturday's meeting and despite my best efforts I couldn't get it working again. So it will be one to two weeks until I until I can get it fixed and get STO back up and running. *sigh* so much for headstart. I'm using my old laptop right now and that has vent on it, but yeah no STO until I can get the desktop fixed, hopefully really soon.
That is very unfortunate man. A brand new computer? Wow, i hope you get it fixed as soon as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPU_Zachstar
A fleet not worth considering in my opinion. Got booted for "Burping" in Vent and daring to pop into channel with people I *gasp* wanted to talk to in my opinion.

I seriously thought it was a joke but thank geez You dont have to rely on fleets in this game like you have to in EVE.
Your message just confirms and justifies our decision. Yes, this fleet is not worth considering by the likes of you. While you are a Cadet of this fleet, you are on probation at all times by the Academy and Commanding staff. Your general behavior just did not fit our fleet standards. Seeing that you are not aware of your own behavior, it just shows us that you are naturally like that. We do not blame people for being what they are. All that we are doing is operating under quality control standards. You either meet those standards, which are really simple, or you get discharged by the Academy staff during your Cadet training.

By the way, since you mentioned it, "burping" out loud on vent in front of people you don't know is just disgusting, rude, disrespectful and shows that you do not have manners.

One last thing. Although one can solo missions throughout the game, there are quite a few things that are much more easier to do if one is a member of the fleet. That is all.

Thank you for your interest in the fleet. Have a nice day.


Fleet Admiral Taly
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 55
02-01-2010, 09:06 AM
Ok guys, like I stated in the meeting, if you are interested in the vacant VADM positions, please contact me.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
ATTENTION ALL SECOND FLEET PERSONNEL:

Within the past 12 hr, members of the admiralty, and I suspect some of you, have been receiving spam PMs through the STO mail system with the subject line "CHEAP_STO_ENERGY". Let me remind all of you that Second Fleet policy and our communal integrity as gamers precludes any use of such services to advance your characters in game. Second Fleet works as a team to insure that all members have the opporunity to advance through the game and many of the resources needed to do so can be obtained through legitimate means, such as trading with fleet members and the fleet bank. You are instructed to disregard if not also delete all such messages received.

DT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 57
02-01-2010, 10:15 AM
I'm not surprised Teg. There are usually credit farmers in every MMO. It's still a problem in SWG and that game has been going on for 6+ years now. I'm sure most of the fleet is aware that it is common sense to just ignore them and treat them like the spam that they are. Though having the occasional reminder every now and again isn't a bad thing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 58
02-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teg View Post
ATTENTION ALL SECOND FLEET PERSONNEL:

Within the past 12 hr, members of the admiralty, and I suspect some of you, have been receiving spam PMs through the STO mail system with the subject line "CHEAP_STO_ENERGY". Let me remind all of you that Second Fleet policy and our communal integrity as gamers precludes any use of such services to advance your characters in game. Second Fleet works as a team to insure that all members have the opporunity to advance through the game and many of the resources needed to do so can be obtained through legitimate means, such as trading with fleet members and the fleet bank. You are instructed to disregard if not also delete all such messages received.

DT
Actually report them. And don't go to the site. Normally such people will steal your CC info and end up screwing you over royally with you usually none the wiser.

Deleting and disregarding is not a good idea. Reporting this to cryptic with the user name it is under first is best.

... idea coming from seeing this all the time in EQ2 and WoW
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 59 Roster information
02-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Second Fleet:

As I am in charge of maintaining the roster on the fleet pages, I would like to remind everyone to make me aware of transfers or promotions so I can update the information accordingly.

Similarly, new admissions to the fleet should contact me via e-mail or PM so I can process your applications to the fleet pages and set up your roster information. This is contact to me is particularly important if you already have a guildlaunch account. The username for that account likely does not match your fleet character so unless you contact me to identify yourself, I cannot process you applications to the fleet forum.

DT
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 60
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM
I should add that the spam e-mail seem to be computer generated as the four messages I got all had random senders addresses. The sender info is so obscure I doubt they are from real members of the STO community. I suspect that the internal e-mail system has been compromised.

DT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTerri View Post
Actually report them. And don't go to the site. Normally such people will steal your CC info and end up screwing you over royally with you usually none the wiser.

Deleting and disregarding is not a good idea. Reporting this to cryptic with the user name it is under first is best.

... idea coming from seeing this all the time in EQ2 and WoW
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:01 AM.