Lt. Commander
# 11
01-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I made this post in response to Stormshade's comment that it is supposed to be easy. However, I posted here because I am hoping that one of you could copy what I said I did, and post a video. I would do it, but I do not know how to post videos on youtube. If you can repeat this, then it makes our point even more that the game is too easy, as a key mechanic to the game - SHIELDS - is actually unnecessary.

------------------------

Let me explain.

I took the shields off of my Miranda ship, and fight battles. I still do not blow up. In one battle, I fought a Brigand Cruiser, and at the end of the fight I had 30% hull. That is with ABSOLUTELY NO SHIELDS. That is too easy, even for the first few levels.

Second, I took all the shield generators away from my away team. It is a VERY RARE occurrence that one of them drops. I just completed the mission Hide and Seek and some other one I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Is it supposed to be sooo easy that you do not need shields? Please, just test it out for yourself and you will see how easy it really is. It is not supposed to be that easy.

By the way, I had all power to weapons, BO with High Yield Torpedo I and a Science Officer with Jam Sensors I. I should not be able to play through the content without shields in space or on the ground without dying.

That is too easy, even for beginner levels.

----------------------

Can someone duplicate this and a video and post it for the devs?
Lt. Commander
# 12
01-29-2010, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
I made this post in response to Stormshade's comment that it is supposed to be easy. However, I posted here because I am hoping that one of you could copy what I said I did, and post a video. I would do it, but I do not know how to post videos on youtube. If you can repeat this, then it makes our point even more that the game is too easy, as a key mechanic to the game - SHIELDS - is actually unnecessary.

------------------------

Let me explain.

I took the shields off of my Miranda ship, and fight battles. I still do not blow up. In one battle, I fought a Brigand Cruiser, and at the end of the fight I had 30% hull. That is with ABSOLUTELY NO SHIELDS. That is too easy, even for the first few levels.

Second, I took all the shield generators away from my away team. It is a VERY RARE occurrence that one of them drops. I just completed the mission Hide and Seek and some other one I cannot remember off the top of my head.

Is it supposed to be sooo easy that you do not need shields? Please, just test it out for yourself and you will see how easy it really is. It is not supposed to be that easy.

By the way, I had all power to weapons, BO with High Yield Torpedo I and a Science Officer with Jam Sensors I. I should not be able to play through the content without shields in space or on the ground without dying.

That is too easy, even for beginner levels.

----------------------

Can someone duplicate this and a video and post it for the devs?
I could take a look at doing that after i'm done playing with friends tomorrow or sunday
Lt. Commander
# 13
01-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm going to have to concur with Too Easy.
I had to be deliberately reckless at Lt. 5 against +0s in order to incur any hull damage at all.

I'll post more later when I'm not about to collapse onto my keyboard. But just wanted to pitch my name on the "Too Easy" list.
Lt. Commander
# 14
01-30-2010, 12:26 AM
FYI. The game rocks if you do not upgrade your shields or weapons. Upgrade everything else, get better BOFF, whatever. But DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR SHIELDS OR WEAPONS and you will find that the game is awesome.

I have not been upgrading and it feels like pre-patch STO and very fun. Still have my starter shields and weapons at level 6. So much fun.
Lt. Commander
# 15
01-30-2010, 04:01 AM
Yup... they may have upgraded the difficulty one tiny tic... but so far (only lt 4 atm) its still silly...
Lt. Commander
# 16
01-30-2010, 04:05 AM
a patch in beta stated difficulty changes after first 11 lvls
Lt. Commander
# 17
01-30-2010, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
FYI. The game rocks if you do not upgrade your shields or weapons. Upgrade everything else, get better BOFF, whatever. But DO NOT UPGRADE YOUR SHIELDS OR WEAPONS and you will find that the game is awesome.

I have not been upgrading and it feels like pre-patch STO and very fun. Still have my starter shields and weapons at level 6. So much fun.
Holy ****!!! Someone have still those starterkit to send it to me???

I already dropped all those stuff but i wanna go Kobas way until the difficulty will hopefully increase at later level...

Btw: i tried out as a LvL 6 Char the Deep Space Encounters in Alpha Centauri Sektor against the romulans which were +13 and more tome...

I will not claim that i got them down (in fact, ONE vessel i got already^^), but not to the fact, that they are as good...no its only affected to that point that they seemed to cheat against me: one time, i had FULLY powered shields, up to 99% with some resistances through the "emergency power to shields" skill and i go t hit from ONE heavy plasma torpedo, completly ignoring my full powered shields hitting me with some 25 K dmg... pls Devs... THAT is NOT the way, you should make combat harder!!! You shouldnt allow the NPCs to cheat (the torpedo had supposed to be plopping on my shield with little dmg), you should make them harder with more DPS delivered and more DPS their shield could take on before they would collapse...
But going the CHEATING way, isnt a good option

I will observe that, but i am a little upset, cuz it seems that Cryptic in order to prevent killing high level mobs, goes the same way as WoW, making the NPCs fakely harder!! Even when a mob is high above you, it should play under the given terms of Star Trek Lore...

Only some thoughts besides...
Lt. Commander
# 18
01-30-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpunk View Post
I could take a look at doing that after i'm done playing with friends tomorrow or sunday
Adil, just link to my first four videos on YouTube, one is me taking down a plus 2 negh var, another a plus talon battleship, also got a plus brigade cruiser and finally 8 covettes, all no sheilds so link to those.
Lt. Commander
# 19
01-30-2010, 09:07 AM
Bump.........
Lt. Commander
# 20
01-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedManMark
Adil, just link to my first four videos on YouTube, one is me taking down a plus 2 negh var, another a plus talon battleship, also got a plus brigade cruiser and finally 8 covettes, all no sheilds so link to those.
Nice! Thank you for doing that. Cannot wait for someone to say the game is too hard when you and almost everyone else can do it with no shields!