Lt. Commander
# 21
01-30-2010, 01:00 PM
Also crazy098 sent me a message telling me that if they did **** all of us off with the easy combat that would have been a potential loss of $32k per year on subs alone.

I think that's a pretty big chunk of people, that would pay someones salary.
Lt. Commander
# 22
01-30-2010, 01:24 PM
Firstly, I must ask that my position be upgraded to CONFIRMED. :p

Secondly, I'm reserving my retail key until the 45 day patch, or until there's a patch that specifically addresses the difficulty in an upward manner.

I was chomping at the bit for the headstart 10 days ago. When the moment came along however, I just could not bear to log in and proceed to play at the ridiculously low difficulty of the end of OB.
Lt. Commander
# 23
01-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Someone said level 1 - 11 is suppose to be easy.

My response is... HOGWASH!!!

I want to have fights that are so intense and so difficult that I have to create new strategies and new attack formations to defeat my enemies. I want to be forced to use cover to protect my ship. I want fights that are so difficult that I will lose, and I dont mind losing! I want to be frustrated and USE CAPS TO VENT MY FRUSTRATION! I dont even want EXTRA loot. Right now, most fights (both space and ground) are AFK winnable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
Firstly, I must ask that my position be upgraded to CONFIRMED. :p

Secondly, I'm reserving my retail key until the 45 day patch, or until there's a patch that specifically addresses the difficulty in an upward manner.

I was chomping at the bit for the headstart 10 days ago. When the moment came along however, I just could not bear to log in and proceed to play at the ridiculously low difficulty of the end of OB.
I am a huge Star trek fan and the PvP of Star Trek is nice, so I went and got the LIFE TIME MEMBERSHIP. So I wont be leaving, and I will complain every day... if I have to... until I am having so much fun... that I cry! HEH
Lt. Commander
# 24
01-30-2010, 02:04 PM
That's how I feel I have lifetime and I will not give up making sure that idiots don't ruin this game, I mean come on space combat became a joke and it's down to people who know nothing about the game or how to play it commenting on balance.

I mean the sword master thread was case in point the guy didn't even know what the exploit and expose system was and then complained that Sword Masters are Overpowered at that point you know what kinda people we are dealing with.
Lt. Commander
# 25
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I have a life time account and I want something done about the beam weapons...

give us more choices than finger jenga plz
Lt. Commander
# 26
01-30-2010, 02:10 PM
I would never personally consider a lifetime subscription of any server based game, but was sitting at the 1 year subscription page with all info entered at least 2 dozen times - what kept me from pulling the trigger was this fear of having a challenging experience... I love much of this game's design (mechanical and artistic) but have my concerns about which playerbase will control it's future. That's why the two server model (difficulty based) is preferable to me. It solves all problems of balance and difficulty for both playerbases, and only creates imaginary problems for people against it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
01-30-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
I would never personally consider a lifetime subscription of any server based game, but was sitting at the 1 year subscription page with all info entered at least 2 dozen times - what kept me from pulling the trigger was this fear of having a challenging experience... I love much of this game's design (mechanical and artistic) but have my concerns about which playerbase will control it's future. That's why the two server model (difficulty based) is preferable to me. It solves all problems of balance and difficulty for both playerbases, and only creates imaginary problems for people against it.
Yeah see I was in the same boat as you exactly, In fact I wasn't going to get lifetime but Mark did and because he did I decided that playing with my friend was enough to try and keep the game fun. But your right until this ridiculous horde of " IT'S TO HARD I'm SPECIAL " troll group go away I don't think it will get any better
Lt. Commander
# 28
01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidpunk View Post
Yeah see I was in the same boat as you exactly, In fact I wasn't going to get lifetime but Mark did and because he did I decided that playing with my friend was enough to try and keep the game fun. But your right until this ridiculous horde of " IT'S TO HARD I'm SPECIAL " troll group go away I don't think it will get any better
I was tempted to cancel my Pre-Order and stop playing. However, this (for me) is still the best Star Trek experience I have had in ages! I love Star Trek and I hope Cryptic does improve the game. So, I took the chance. For better or Worse, I am a LIFE TIME MEMBER! Which means, I will complain, troll, bark, send e-mails, make suggestions, post helpful posts, and overall try to improve my game as much as possible.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Started a video thread about the pointless easy combat too, check it out here

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...16#post1850216
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
You can *confirm* me in the spot you have me.

I definitely feel that, at least, an option to select difficulty level needs to be put in.

Also, the fact that the beginning is so easy a problem. If the game is so easy that players don't actually have to try to win, when the difficulty ramps up in later levels (not that it necessarily does, but its supposed to, right?), players are going to struggle needlessly because they don't know how to use their skills, weapons, abilities to overcome the challenge. Because they have never needed to use them.