Lt. Commander
# 81
02-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Still no updates on a silder or difficulty... i went afk from the game for three days HOPING it would change.... its getting on my nerves... how easy it is....
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-06-2010, 06:32 PM
To be honest i'm taking the weekend off playing, I don't wanna keep ruining the game for myself playing it at this level. You can literally blow through all the missions way too quick.
Lt. Commander
# 83
02-07-2010, 06:27 AM
I already took 3 days off and playing this game part time.
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-07-2010, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydofZINJ View Post
I already took 3 days off and playing this game part time.
well i found a great way to make it fun again... videos to come shortly...
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Redman: I got your mail - did you need me for something?
Lt. Commander
# 86
02-07-2010, 08:17 AM
This game is way too easy as is. I really hope they do something about it.
Lt. Commander
# 87
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustsail
we are waiting... waiting... and waiting.... for SOMETHING..
Lt. Commander
# 88
02-07-2010, 03:58 PM
It seems that the Devs rarely post in the combat section of the forums. Unless you have a tech issue or a payment issue, you are not a priority.

Also, there has been numerous combat is "too easy" threads, and only one has ever been posted on. It said they were considering a slider, but never acknowledged whether everything was working as intended or not. I assume it is since they say nothing.

I feel ground combat combat is even easier than space... if that is even possible. I am Commander 1 and have never equipped my away team with shields or body armor, and everything is still super easy. Sometimes I will suicide a BO by sending them into a big group by themselves just to get them killed to make things more challenging with a smaller group. But even doing this... the game is still easy.
Lt. Commander
# 89
02-07-2010, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooseOfWoe View Post
Redman: I got your mail - did you need me for something?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustsail
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoydofZINJ View Post
we are waiting... waiting... and waiting.... for SOMETHING..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koba View Post
It seems that the Devs rarely post in the combat section of the forums. Unless you have a tech issue or a payment issue, you are not a priority.

Also, there has been numerous combat is "too easy" threads, and only one has ever been posted on. It said they were considering a slider, but never acknowledged whether everything was working as intended or not. I assume it is since they say nothing.

I feel ground combat combat is even easier than space... if that is even possible. I am Commander 1 and have never equipped my away team with shields or body armor, and everything is still super easy. Sometimes I will suicide a BO by sending them into a big group by themselves just to get them killed to make things more challenging with a smaller group. But even doing this... the game is still easy.
nuff said in these videos

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=108259
Lt. Commander
# 90
02-08-2010, 06:15 AM
I have virtually no time to write this and it's on a cell phone so i will make it quick. Yes, the game is easy, too easy. I should not have been able to plough through with zero previous game knowledge and fall just shy of my tier II ship in just one play session, less than 1K SP to go. But seperate servers aren't the answer, this game is fairly heavilly instance based, why not just do what they did with CoV and CoH? Cryptic took those games and made it so you could scale your mission difficulty based on what you want to fight. You want +0 lvl mobs? Don't change your settings, you want double the amount of +0 mobs, bump it iup one notch. You want a real challenge, move the difficulty up all the way an fight hordes of +4 mobs. I don't even want more SP per kill for harder mobs (though I would not mind slightly higher loot drop rates ) but I would love to zone into the instances at levels that make it a challenge for me to win my fights. This game has made me fall in love with gaming and star trek all over again. Cryptic, the solution is there, use it!