Ensign
# 251
10-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
To anyone out there who this really bothers for some reason ...

... ICONIANS
they can intro freckin dinos with lasers but not iconians. wow
Starfleet Veteran
# 252
10-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millybun View Post
Debateable, considering EVERYONE, including the writers who wrote it, thought "Threshold" was a bad idea, and they still let that happen.

By comparison, not as much of a terrible dislike for seeing Voth dino pets by the designers at least, and there isn't really as much of a real uproar by the playerbase so far to say it's a bad idea.

I admit, when I first saw it, I did feel a few would freak out, but eh...it's Star Trek. I think it might be rather fun.
Allow me to put it into perspective for you,

Abraham Lincohn

Tasha Yar

Janeway Salamander Cat Fish Hybrid

These are the voyages...

Raptors with laser beams!

| Join Date: January 2009 | Computer | Fleet: Broken Wings |
Career Officer
# 253
10-16-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by millybun View Post
Magic numbers are magic =P

If we're counting just people posting in the topic, it might be evened out, but it tends to be that for things like this that it's really just a relative small number of people venting their distaste opposite a few who post just to show their support in light of the rawring they see going on.

For real problems, you'll see a lot more happening, and less disagreements.
I am using my experiences on a few other STO-related boards I am on to assess this. The player base has been pretty vocal about their dislike for what is being presented in this blog and blog #4.
Lt. Commander
# 254
10-16-2013, 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozmedley1963 View Post
You. Are. About. To. Jump. The. Shark.

and there will be no turning back.
People were saying this about every ******** patch while the game was still ascending. Saying this only proves you can parrot something you read on the internet.
Lt. Commander
# 255
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlmykl View Post
People were saying this about every ******** patch while the game was still ascending. Saying this only proves you can parrot something you read on the internet.
Lol so they censor names of other mmo's?
Survivor of Romulus
# 256
10-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raventomoe View Post
The Voth were said to be one of two species the Q Continuum was thinking of setting up to fight the Borg Collective. Guess who the other one was? *Whistles while pointing at Earth*
Where was it said that the Continuum were going to set the Voth up to take out the Borg? Was this in a novel, or did I miss something in a Voyager episode with Q bothering the crew? Because I could have sworn I'd seen every episode with Q involvement (especially loved Sisko punching Q), and that doesn't ring a bell.
Career Officer
# 257
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
I am using my experiences on a few other STO-related boards I am on to assess this. The player base has been pretty vocal about their dislike for what is being presented in this blog and blog #4.
First private boards tend to draw like minds to themselves, and alienate those who don't agree with the mass mind. After a while, any board you go to, tends to look like clones with everyone agreeing with each other.

Secondly, especially on private boards, its rare for anyone to come in and say "I like this". Usually people don't open their mouthes unless they hate something. The fact that it's 50/50 here actually means to me that more then the usual percentage of likers are coming out of the woodwork to say "I like this".

Thirdly, not saying you're lying, but I can come in and say that according to the few other STO-related boards I am on, most of them seem to think that it fits the Star Trek theme pretty well. Without any kind of proof, or mentioning which boards, and who are on them, and if they're the same people as are here complaining, it means nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 258
10-16-2013, 09:27 PM
Leaving aside the question of appropriateness to Trek for a moment,, it looks as though the Voth are shaping up to be a very different and very unique ground enemy. Bringing some much needed spice to ground combat is only a good thing in my opinion - I'll take dinosaurs and mechs over an Ensign, Lieutenant, Commander and Captain which have a couple of different abilities each and all act pretty much the same.

Although... making the big guy just a little less obvious in the T-Rex resemblance might be a good idea. Give him some large spines on his back or something.
Career Officer
# 259
10-16-2013, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladymyajha View Post
First private boards tend to draw like minds to themselves, and alienate those who don't agree with the mass mind. After a while, any board you go to, tends to look like clones with everyone agreeing with each other.

Secondly, especially on private boards, its rare for anyone to come in and say "I like this". Usually people don't open their mouthes unless they hate something. The fact that it's 50/50 here actually means to me that more then the usual percentage of likers are coming out of the woodwork to say "I like this".

Thirdly, not saying you're lying, but I can come in and say that according to the few other STO-related boards I am on, most of them seem to think that it fits the Star Trek theme pretty well. Without any kind of proof, or mentioning which boards, and who are on them, and if they're the same people as are here complaining, it means nothing.
I am active on two boards of two of the largest fleets in STO. Not naming them here because I refuse to draw attention to them but here is the list. I also disagree with your assessment. Private boards are a place where people are more likely to voice their opinion for better or worse because we are all mates. Particularly with fleets this size and everyone has their own opinion regardless of who agrees with what.
Captain
# 260
10-16-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaevwrynn View Post
Where was it said that the Continuum were going to set the Voth up to take out the Borg? Was this in a novel, or did I miss something in a Voyager episode with Q bothering the crew? Because I could have sworn I'd seen every episode with Q involvement (especially loved Sisko punching Q), and that doesn't ring a bell.
This should answer it as it was one of the novels. But it would make sense as the Q love to play such games out. Remember the one who said that the second Romulan - Vulcan War was caused by him?
"The Multiverse, the ultimate frontier..."
Thus begins...Lyrical Trek