Rihannsu
# 331
10-17-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Captains, I encourage you to read the blog first, instead of looking at images and basing judgement off them only. The Voth bio-engineered these Dinosaurs; considering their history and origins, they wouldn't be bio-engineering dogs and cats.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Except the Voth never accepted that they came from Earth and got rid of evidence that they came from Earth when they adopted their current dogma sooo where did they get their dino DNA from?? I doubt Timmy Voth left Earth with is trusty pet T-Rex and his council of philosoraptors.

This is just a turn your brain off thing isn't it?
Ensign
# 332
10-17-2013, 09:42 AM
I like the Dinosaurs-stuff and waiting for the Cadillacs.
Starfleet Veteran
# 333
10-17-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Soooo... it would be like humans bio-engineering battle monkeys?
I really like it...bold and different. Imagine what the dinosaurs would say about monkeys with laser on their heads....they would find that amusing from a saurus perspective.

Let's be more open minded and welcome ALL aliens....how far fetched were the aquatics from ENT when they had those mega ships and WHALES piloting it. Humans or bipedals is not the only race in a real Star Trek environment...let's not be egocentric...after all this is StraTrek not the Confedarate southern states of America
[
Starfleet Veteran
# 334
10-17-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
These look awesome, and i look forward to seeing them in action.

I would love to know why trek fans are so opposed to anything different or out of the norm though?

an alien race is doing something that seems totally alien to us. something we would never consider. so its clearly not star trek? i guess everyone just wants a human with a prosthetic forehead slapped onto them that acts like humans.

Cryptic, please continue to give us things we have not seen before. I for one enjoy pushing things beyond the established norm.
Here here!
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 335
10-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Is this the tech from Neverwinter? Are we getting dinosaur mounts? I for one don't want dinosaur mounts. If this game was for kids I could understand adding the dinosaurs, kids love dinosaurs, but really dinosaurs! Perhaps we need someone running STO that knows Star Trek and likes it. These stupid ideas are making STO a laughing stock. Judging by the "Storming the Spire" event on Tribble, btw Elite mode, any ground combat will be a total yawnfest. Season 8 : The spire more like Season 8 : The Stupid.
Lieutenant
# 336
10-17-2013, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
Dinosaurs silly

Space nazis,
Actually there was quite a clever reason for that. The space Nazis explain the reasons behind the Federation prime directive and what happen when they are violated.

Quote:
space Greek gods,
Why not, why could greek gods be highly evolve alien beings that saw humans as a play thing.

Quote:
Kirk being rode like a horse,
Kirk never actually shag anyone in the show, sure he kissed a couple of birds but never shag.

a virus that gets you drunk,
Actually that not that outlandish.

We know parasites can induce certain behaviours in mammals, cats for example. Certainly patents with mental conditions have shown signs that they have been infected with the same parasite. So a virus cause someone to get drunk thus preventing them from being able to fine a cure or administer medications isn't that outlandish and evolution could stumble onto such a survival tactic, billions of stars trillions of planets, it not that unlikely.

Quote:
a virus that turns you old,
Virus that rapidly ages you, if the virus attack tenimeres its very likely it would speed up the body aging process. May be a bit of dramatic to reduce this to just a couple of days. But it possible that such a virus could cuts decades of your life.

space hippies,
Quote:
a probe that talks to whales,
Why not, why couldn't an alien life consider wales to be more advance.

Quote:
Spock having no brain...not silly :rolleyes
I will give you that one.
Ensign
# 337
10-17-2013, 11:12 AM
There's this game, it's called World of ********. They did something similar to Craptyc here and have been destroying their flagship game. Why? They started listning to the children, and not the players.

Now WoW is losing ground steadily because of it. Millions are cancelling their subscriptions. Perhaps you should rethink things...

Oh wait, it's F2P, no one cares...

But you are going to lose a lot of players over this, I can promise that.
Captain
# 338
10-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarkaruus View Post
But you are going to lose a lot of players over this
If some petulant 1337ists arbitrarily decide THIS is is where they'll draw the line and refuse to suspend disbelief, I for one will not miss them.
Rihannsu
# 339
10-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireseeed View Post
Actually there was quite a clever reason for that. The space Nazis explain the reasons behind the Federation prime directive and what happen when they are violated.
Doesn't explain the Hirogan who decided to play as the SS on the holodeck.

You would figure the Hirogan being the renowned hunters they are would pick a group other than a bunch of poorly trained, undisciplined, politically appointed occupation troops to play as.

Quote:
Kirk never actually shag anyone in the show, sure he kissed a couple of birds but never shag.
The Paradise Syndrome. He impregnated one of the locals.

Quote:
Why not, why couldn't an alien life consider wales to be more advance.
Wales, advanced? Have you ever encountered the Welsh? Bunch of sheep shaggers and football hooligans!

...oh Whales!

Yea Whales are an advanced species with not even rudimentary technology, let alone tech that would allow them to communicate with aliens from across the galaxy.

Unless as SF Debris one pointed out we are meant to believe that Whale songs are so powerful they travel on groove waves though space.
My Romulan Liberated Borg character made it to Level 30 and beat the (old) Defense of New Romulus with the skill point bug.
Career Officer
# 340
10-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
And you know how we know they are Dinsaour LAZORZ?!?!

BECAUSE THEY ARE JAGGY LIKE TEETH!!!111!!!

lolwtf