Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 71
01-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Not to jump in on the action or anything (its been a great read seriously) but Phel... You have successfully managed to cheese off Sinhealer who by reading his comments is a very nice and genuine person. You are coming across as a money grabbing, whiner (not saying you are, thats just how you publish yourself) and he is trying to give you some nice advice and you eventually spit it in his face.

All I see is a spoilt brat crying because they cant have the latest toy. Sure you may have a disability but there are ways around everything.

You are clearly in a position where you believe the world owes you something because you are this disadvantage in your life. Im sorry to hear that you have a disability I truely am but preaching to the world why your SSI system is so bad wont get you anywhere (wouldnt that be better posted on a political forum?). I have many friends and family who suffer from disability and I also work caring for them and they all go through that phase where they just feel so sorry for themselves and that the world owes them something.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to realise that the only way to get through something is to keep your chin up and take it head on. Don't let yourself whittle down into patheticness. Stand tall, suck it up and just get on with life. Because if you don't then you will be left behind.

Im sorry if my judgement is incorrect but you are upsetting a lot of people here by crying over not getting a free game. Heck I was even going to pay for it for you (I really was) then I read on and saw further into it.
Get ready to be called a douche bag
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 72
01-29-2010, 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
Get ready to be called a douche bag
It still wont get him a code

I also agree with a lot of comments you made and I think everyone who is shelling pitty on this person is doing him more harm than good.

Feeling sorry for yourself wont get you anywhere so dont encourage him please.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 73
01-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
It still wont get him a code

I also agree with a lot of comments you made and I think everyone who is shelling pitty on this person is doing him more harm than good.

Feeling sorry for yourself wont get you anywhere so dont encourage him please.
Ive got an idea, we all put in a little bit of money, then we get him the game, easy
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 74
01-29-2010, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
It still wont get him a code

I also agree with a lot of comments you made and I think everyone who is shelling pitty on this person is doing him more harm than good.

Feeling sorry for yourself wont get you anywhere so dont encourage him please.
With that post you are gonna be a bigger douche, you can look at it any way you want but what his rants boil down to is the fact he wants and figured someone would give him a free game.

LCARS, what would that do besides prove his point that if he whines and complains about a game enough he will get it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 75
01-29-2010, 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeh86 View Post
Not to jump in on the action or anything (its been a great read seriously) but Phel... You have successfully managed to cheese off Sinhealer who by reading his comments is a very nice and genuine person. You are coming across as a money grabbing, whiner (not saying you are, thats just how you publish yourself) and he is trying to give you some nice advice and you eventually spit it in his face.

All I see is a spoilt brat crying because they cant have the latest toy. Sure you may have a disability but there are ways around everything.

You are clearly in a position where you believe the world owes you something because you are this disadvantage in your life. Im sorry to hear that you have a disability I truely am but preaching to the world why your SSI system is so bad wont get you anywhere (wouldnt that be better posted on a political forum?). I have many friends and family who suffer from disability and I also work caring for them and they all go through that phase where they just feel so sorry for themselves and that the world owes them something.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to realise that the only way to get through something is to keep your chin up and take it head on. Don't let yourself whittle down into patheticness. Stand tall, suck it up and just get on with life. Because if you don't then you will be left behind.

Im sorry if my judgement is incorrect but you are upsetting a lot of people here by crying over not getting a free game. Heck I was even going to pay for it for you (I really was) then I read on and saw further into it.
Well, all seemed fine untill the one guy stated that he 'hates' people like me cause I 'suck' up the system. That made me VERY angry as I have no choice in the matter of being disabled (was caused by another person) If these two guys hadnt jumped in with neg comments then I prolly wouldnt have responded the way I did. At some point I felt like I had to defend myself as they really dont understand the condition of being disabled. I dont think the world owes me anything, well maybe the Feds 'owe' me for allowing such actions to happen to me. I had just asked a simple question - can anyone help. Never said anything about' you owe/he or she owes..', sorry if I rubbed off that way. If you also know people who are disabled, you realize that it can be VERY frustrating at times.. injuries suck Again ,the injury at times makes me feel 'left out' as I can not always be apart of the norm and it sucks :/ In the end, im a very generous person and give what I can when I can, perhaps this is why I 'felt' I could find anothe rwho would display the same setiments towards me, understanding my position. Again, I apologize to any/all I might have offended, it was not intentional, I just want to be apart of the crowd
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 76
01-29-2010, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
With that post you are gonna be a bigger douche, you can look at it any way you want but what his rants boil down to is the fact he wants and figured someone would give him a free game.

LCARS, what would that do besides prove his point that if he whines and complains about a game enough he will get it?
I will save up and get the game myself bro, dont worry about it. I apoligize for intruding upon your personal space.. I just want to be apart of the norm and the 'crowd'
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 77
01-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
Well, all seemed fine untill the one guy stated that he 'hates' people like me cause I 'suck' up the system. That made me VERY angry as I have no choice in the matter of being disabled (was caused by another person) If these two guys hadnt jumped in with neg comments then I prolly wouldnt have responded the way I did. At some point I felt like I had to defend myself as they really dont understand the condition of being disabled. I dont think the world owes me anything, well maybe the Feds 'owe' me for allowing such actions to happen to me. I had just asked a simple question - can anyone help. Never said anything about' you owe/he or she owes..', sorry if I rubbed off that way. If you also know people who are disabled, you realize that it can be VERY frustrating at times.. injuries suck Again ,the injury at times makes me feel 'left out' as I can not always be apart of the norm and it sucks :/ In the end, im a very generous person and give what I can when I can, perhaps this is why I 'felt' I could find anothe rwho would display the same setiments towards me, understanding my position. Again, I apologize to any/all I might have offended, it was not intentional, I just want to be apart of the crowd
You take no responsibility for anything, the feds owe you for someone hitting you? It happened but disability is a state of mind as much as it is illness. Bottom line is that if you can sit and play a video game you can sit in front of a computer doing work and deserve no handouts based on the fact that you have been nice in the past and now feel someone should give you a game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 78
01-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
Get ready to be called a douche bag
No, you see, he made valid points w/o saying 'I hate people like you'. Constructive critism is the key here. None were hurt or made a fool by silly comments, he displayed his point with facts and kindness which I can take in much easier and w/o feeling like I have to 'defend' myself.. perhaps you should look at the post and learn a lesson from it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 79
01-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
I will save up and get the game myself bro, dont worry about it. I apoligize for intruding upon your personal space.. I just want to be apart of the norm and the 'crowd'
No need to apologize, these basta rds should apologize to you, i have an aunt with a disability, and its just so sad, they are just making fun of you the way i see it, i actually understand your point, they probably dont know anyone with a disability.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 80
01-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
With that post you are gonna be a bigger douche, you can look at it any way you want but what his rants boil down to is the fact he wants and figured someone would give him a free game.

LCARS, what would that do besides prove his point that if he whines and complains about a game enough he will get it?
May we all be douches together then

Seriously I have no sympathy for someone like this. I have a friend who is paralised from the weist down from a parachute accident who cannot get a full-time job due to needing a few hours every 2 days to go to the toilet. He was also told he will never walk again. This man now forces himself to walk (using crutches), has over 9 degrees and also works part-time teaching other disabled children/adults how to do various tasks.

If you could even do a slither of this mans accomplishments then you would be moving in the right direction. Instead you sit and cry over a game you 'need' to play.

Heck even look at Stephen Hawkin. Does that guy cry because he cant move? Oh no he happens to work very hard and as such earns a lot of respect for it. You need to start realising you are doing yourself no good and look up to these kind of people and work towards something instead of going in circles of self-pitty and general patheticness.

Sorry if I sound harsh but someone has to tell you how it is and I dont mind being the 'douche' who does...

Other than that I wish you all the best in life and hope you get yourself on track soon...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:26 AM.